Marvin Sordell (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

gutted for him that he's got to end his career early but his health is more important.
Hopefully he can get the help he needs and who knows, maybe resume playing at some point.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I wish the goons that send abuse to players on twitter and the like would read Sordell's writing about mental health, maybe it could allow them to separate football from real life or at least just be less of a dick.

Some of the stuff you hear at the grounds is disgusting but Twitter etc. allows another level of anonymity to the shitheads. I can't recall who said it on here but the 'if you wouldn't say it to their face don't put it online' rule seems a good one to me. It also reminds me of Graham Taylor telling the morons abusing John Barnes, "that's another human being".

Adge

The swap deal that saw him leave must go down as CCFC's worst transfer of the last decade. Letting our only goalscorer leave while in a relegation fight, for Beavon and Reilly on loan, was awful.
We would have still gone down anyway-remember him saying at the time that it was either Coventry City or stacking shelves in Tesco.
Puts football into perspective really despite “some people think football is a matter of life and death-let me assure you it’s more important than that!”. It really isn’t-health and well-being is-good luck to him.

oucho

Also Kirkland is back at a rehabilitation unit for his ill mental health.

Has he now officially retired? If so then I guess there'll be no mentions of him as a potential signing. Shame.

The swap deal that saw him leave must go down as CCFC's worst transfer of the last decade. Letting our only goalscorer leave while in a relegation fight, for Beavon and Reilly on loan, was awful.

Agreed. That incident reminded me of the sale of Juke when we needed his goals to have a chance of surviving relation in 2011-12. As John O'Farrell wrote about Japan declaring war on the USA: "With hindsight, it looks like a ridiculously stupid thing to do. And that's exactly how it looked at the time as well."

I liked Sordell in his brief time with us - shame he was never able to fulfil his clear potential. Good luck to him in his future career.

Sky Blue Pete

Some of the stuff you hear at the grounds is disgusting but Twitter etc. allows another level of anonymity to the shitheads. I can't recall who said it on here but the 'if you wouldn't say it to their face don't put it online' rule seems a good one to me. It also reminds me of Graham Taylor telling the morons abusing John Barnes, "that's another human being".
Yep I remember that he went up in my estimation

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

He did a Q&A on his instagram and said that bar Watford, Cov was the club he most enjoyed being at and in different circumstances would have loved to stay for longer, and also that Mowbray was the best manager he played under. I liked him as well when he was here, shame we shoved him out wide so much, we might have had a chance at staying up if we played him down the middle more

Users who are viewing this thread