Masks at the Arena (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Jesus christ those with the same IQ as a doughnut shouldn't be allowed to comment on something they have no chance of comprehending... especially when it comes to interpreting statistics. Trust those who actually study this shit rather than believing every scientist is the issue and you know best. Or looking for the one scientist who has gone rogue and happens to back your gut feel or agenda.

skybluetony176

Are we all forgetting among all the hype and fear that some 98.8% of the population are not at risk? The vaccine will not stop you getting covid or stop you spreading it. The vaccine is supposedly to stop you from becoming extremely ill from covid. The mask thing is nonsense and always has been. I do wish people would start using their common sense and stop listening to the media and the scientist who's models have all been proven wrong so far. Covid exist but the biggest danger are the politicians.
Use some common sense and stop listening to the scientists? How’s that work? Listen to Right Said Fred instead? Maybe Laurence Fox? Maybe Piers Corbyn? Maybe that ex nurse with a face full of Botox telling us not to inject poison into us? Ooo David Icke?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Everyone is allowed their views, the vaccine seems to reduce cases and gives a better chance to those who do catch it, people have concerns with potential issues with the vaccine and shouldn't instantly be dismissed as those anti vax idiots.
How about the ones who say that you should use some common sense and not listen to the scientists?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We will take ours , probably wear them in the concourse, take them off in our seats .

Best I can do

If you want to be cautious (which is perfectly fine) then that’s a good way of playing it and exactly what I did for the Wembley games of the Euros. It was only in the concourse areas I felt like it was necessary to wear my mask due the sheer volume of people crammed together to get to Kiosks etc.
I will probably do the same for the first game back.

Hadji's_Goatee

They reduce the chances of transmission and greatly reduce the chances of hospitalisation and death. To say it only does one of the three isn't true.
I think it’s important to understand that when we’re told the vaccine ‘greatly reduces the chances of death’ that is spin based on efficacy figures around 90% based on what brand you have.

However, these are relative risk reduction figures (RRR) that should be seen against the background risk of being infected and becoming ill with COVID.

Although the RRR considers only participants who could benefit from the vaccine, the absolute risk reduction (ARR), which is the difference between attack rates with and without a vaccine, considers the whole population. ARRs tend to be ignored because they give a much less impressive effect size than RRRs.

For example the average risk of death from COVID is 0.006%, (pretty much nothing) so having a jab will reduce that risk to 0.004% - When the original risk is very little, this is pretty far from ‘great’.

COV

I think it’s important to understand that when we’re told the vaccine ‘greatly reduces the chances of death’ that is spin based on efficacy figures around 90% based on what brand you have.

However, these are relative risk reduction figures (RRR) that should be seen against the background risk of being infected and becoming ill with COVID.

Although the RRR considers only participants who could benefit from the vaccine, the absolute risk reduction (ARR), which is the difference between attack rates with and without a vaccine, considers the whole population. ARRs tend to be ignored because they give a much less impressive effect size than RRRs.

For example the average risk of death from COVID is 0.006%, (pretty much nothing) so having a jab will reduce that risk to 0.004% - When the original risk is very little, this is pretty far from ‘great’.

So what are you actually saying m8?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you want to be cautious (which is perfectly fine) then that’s a good way of playing it and exactly what I did for the Wembley games of the Euros. It was only in the concourse areas and coming through the turnstiles where it felt like it was necessary to wear my mask due the sheer volume of people crammed together sneaking through the gate.
I will probably do the same for the first game back.

Typical.

Hadji's_Goatee

Being flippant about people who died is a c*nt, doesn’t matter what beliefs you hold
Are you referring to the 1,400+ people who have died in this country alone as a result of an adverse reaction to the jab.

That’s a government figure from the MHRA btw. Our government also say that the reporting system is underreported by 90%.

It is sad very sad and disturbing.

COV

Are you referring to the 1,400+ people who have died in this country alone as a result of an adverse reaction to the jab.

That’s a government figure from the MHRA btw. Our government also say that the reporting system is underreported by 90%.

I find you very sad and disturbing tbh with your crackpot junk science conspiracy theory weirdo bullshit, but it’s your view so you & this ‘paxman’ carry on, knock yourselves out with it all.

mr_monkey

What is sad and disturbing is people like you believing bullshit on the internet that misinterprets the figures because you have so little going on as a person that you need to be different about something to try and feel special

Reactions: COV

skybluetony176

Isn’t that the amount of people that have died within a month of having the vaccine rather than died of the vaccine?

Hadji's_Goatee

What is sad and disturbing is people like you believing bullshit on the internet that misinterprets the figures because you have so little going on as a person that you need to be different about something to try and feel special
These are government figures. Do you not believe your government or is it only when Boris is talking to you through your telly box?

All the evidence is there, plain stats and figures. No theories whatsoever.

theferret

How about the ones who say that you should use some common sense and not listen to the scientists?

These people are few in number though. The crazies shouting about 5G and nanobots are a sideshow.

There are, however, many legitimate views that don't get a proper airing and that isn't healthy.

There are many that fully acknowledge the realities of Covid as a serious disease and see the suffering it has caused, but who question the reponse to it. A virologist advising the government on the disease itself and recommending measures to control it is fine, they are experts, but what they shouldn't have the power to do it dictate policy and force lockdowns. These measures have serious real world consequences that the scientists calling for them don't understand, because here, they're not experts.

Lockdowns can force people into severe economic hardship with health implications. They cause cancer screenings to be missed and treatments cancelled. People don't present to their GP when ill. Obesity has soared and there is a huge health crisis looming as a direct result of lockdown itself. There is increased substance abuse, domestic abuse and mental health issues. Many will die, and many from younger age groups. The debate about lockdown was not just about how many die, it was also about who dies. In the end, it wasn't really much of a debate at all.

The human cost has been huge and simply asking for these factors to be considered when deciding policy was perfectly legitimate, but many people were shouted down and silenced and lumped in with the 5G moonbats.

Anyhow, we have the vaccine, let's all hope we can emerge from this and move on.

mr_monkey

These are government figures. Do you not believe your government or is it only when Boris is talking to you through your telly box?

All the evidence is there, plain stats and figures. No theories whatsoever.

I think (yet again) you are regurgitating stuff where people have misinterpreted the data

Edit @skybluetony176 beat me to it 😂

Northants Sky Blue

Don’t be ignorant, it’s not a theory.

Here’s a link to the source report DEFINE_ME

Maybe you’d believe it if you saw it on Newsround.

That Lancet article's been on social media for a while and has been mis-quoted.
Reuters did a fact-check and asked the author himself

"When asked about the claim, Olliaro, professor of poverty related infectious diseases at the Centre for Tropical Medicine and Global Health of Oxford University ( here ) told Reuters via email it was “extremely disappointing to see how information can be twisted.” He also said, “Bottom line: these vaccines are good public health interventions,”

Hadji's_Goatee

COV

These people are few in number though. The crazies shouting about 5G and nanobots are a sideshow.

There are, however, many legitimate views that don't get a proper airing and that isn't healthy.

There are many that fully acknowledge the realities of Covid as a serious disease and see the suffering it has caused, but who question the reponse to it. A virologist advising the government on the disease itself and recommending measures to control it is fine, they are experts, but what they shouldn't have the power to do it dictate policy and force lockdowns. These measures have serious real world consequences that the scientists calling for them don't understand, because here, they're not experts.

Lockdowns can force people into severe economic hardship with health implications. They cause cancer screenings to be missed and treatments cancelled. People don't present to their GP when ill. Obesity has soared and there is a huge health crisis looming as a direct result of lockdown itself. There is increased substance abuse, domestic abuse and mental health issues. Many will die, and many from younger age groups. The debate about lockdown was not just about how many die, it was also about who dies. In the end, it wasn't really much of a debate at all.

The human cost has been huge and simply asking for these factors to be considered when deciding policy was perfectly legitimate, but many people were shouted down and silenced and lumped in with the 5G moonbats.

Anyhow, we have the vaccine, let's all hope we can emerge from this and move on.

It was the government that made all the decisions?

skybluetony176

Full fact! Seriously! Hardly impartial. I wouldn’t outsource my thinking to a company that is basically funded by Facebook. Just look at there donations - no theory.
It’s run by Tory donors isn’t it. Besides, the point stands. It’s people who have died a month after the vaccine not died from the vaccine. Full fact are quoting the MHRA that you pointed to as your source.

mr_monkey

Full fact! Seriously! Hardly impartial. I wouldn’t outsource my thinking to a company that is basically funded by Facebook. Just look at there donations - no theory.

Nah you just outsource your thinking to other simpletons online who also need to feel special because they are so mediocre at everything else they do

TTG

Are we all forgetting among all the hype and fear that some 98.8% of the population are not at risk? The vaccine will not stop you getting covid or stop you spreading it. The vaccine is supposedly to stop you from becoming extremely ill from covid. The mask thing is nonsense and always has been. I do wish people would start using their common sense and stop listening to the media and the scientist who's models have all been proven wrong so far. Covid exist but the biggest danger are the politicians.
wearing a mask means that should someone be infected they will give you less of the virus, as less droplets and in many cases as you have less of the virus you will spread less and also become else ill

theferret

They don't. They advise and the government makes the decision.

You'd like to think so, but it didn't happen, not helped when groups of scientists would sign joint letters objecting to the lifting of restrictions without there being any scientific modelling done to predict the impact of not lifting restrictions. Maybe this was done and the government had this data, but if it was, it was never presented or discussed, not ever, in any press conference or press release.

When it was suggested lockdown was to be eased, it was all this 'Boris the butcher' stuff and twitter hysterics and scientists would queue up to appear on the BBC to say it was a mistake, but none of them had any fucking clue about the growing human cost of the lockdown they were suggesting should be maintained. They were entirely focused on covid itself and not the health consequences of the measures they were advocating. Fine, but have some self-awareness and understand you only have half the picture. It was unbelievable arrogance combined with weak and ineffective government.

When the public enquiry comes, there are a lot of people with a lot of explaining to do.

Users who are viewing this thread