Match ratings (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Burge: 8 - Another clean sheet.

Grimmer: 7.5 - Solid once again.

Willis: 8.5 - He was superb. Showed why his athleticism is so important.

Rod: 8 - Also superb, wasn't going to be beaten.

Stokes: 7 - He added to his collection of horrific shots in the second half!

Doyle and Kelly: 7.5 - Despite what the song says, they definitely do give the ball away. Great work rate though.

Barratt: 5 - Some fancy touches but nothing else. Needs game time.

Bayliss: 8.5 - He is a wonderful talent. The way he floated around the pitch in the second half was a joy to watch. Big career ahead.

Sparky: 8.5 - Robins was right, he is definitely a player who should be in the league above.

Biamou: 9.5 - Phenomenal. Work his socks off from minute one, got a goal and won foul after foul late on. I love the lad.

Cavan O'Doherty

Agree with that especially re idiot fans. They could get the club punished and the fans...imagine if we are drawn at Man Utd but away fans banned.
As for the players I thought we played too narrow at times exposing grimmer and stokes. Also stokes gave a lot of simple balls away. Apart from all that you cannot question the commitment of the players...all threw their bodies on the line when needed and up front mcnulty’s runs and biamou holding it up when he could.
Excellent all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a wet lettuce! It was always going to happen, no way will away fans be banned because a few ran on when we scored. Nothing happened when some went on the pitch against Sheffield united and Northampton. At least it was for the right reasons this time!

letsallsingtogether

What a wet lettuce! It was always going to happen, no way will away fans be banned because a few ran on when we scored. Nothing happened when some went on the pitch against Sheffield united and Northampton. At least it was for the right reasons this time!
I know we hear that same shit every time this happens.
Maybe they will deduct us a goal and make us reply it behind closed doors at Ryton!

stay_up_skyblues

To a man I thought they played their hearts out and fought for a well deserved win. I’d give man of the match to Robins. The effort and work rate he gets out of the team that which is very green and not really full of stars at this level is great management. The fans were fantastic for the most part but we do have some right dick heads. Flares and pitch invasions at bottom end league one teams at round 4 of the cup makes us look small time. Bloke behind me had to go to toilet three times to throw up coz he was so pissed. Have a word mate.

Sorry for your loss C&C

Dazmataz

Agreed, we are never going to get punished for what happened today.

Personallly it does however annoy the hell out of me when fans go on the pitch after a goal is scored and it reflects badly on the rest of us who know how to celebrate a goal properly and act with some respect for the other people in the stadium.

clint van damme

Downside, it is just under three weeks since my wife died, just after our golden wedding. Upside, it was my first game for 50 years. I watched from the home side's family area and pretended to be Mourinho (but was grinning by the end!)

Ratings:
Burge 8 Even his kicking was good
Grimmer 7.5 Opened things up when he attacked but defensively OK too
Willis 8.5 MOTM Saved our bacon on three occasions by getting back quickly when it was two on one
McDonald 7.5 Grew into the game - or was it just that I could see what he was doing in the second half!
Stokes 7.5 Some great tackles and got things moving well, but spoiled a little by some misdirected clearances
Bayliss

sorry for your loss mate.

steve82

Burge 8.5 I've been critical in the past of his decision making but he called everyone right, the first half save at the foot of the striker was very well timed, claimed and punched at the right times too.

Grimmer 8 gives everything, likeable guy who attacked well when he could.

Willis 8.5 reliable and solid. Made the right decisions

McDonald 8.5 solidly slotted back in, seems effortless at times. Classy.

Stokes 7 had a good game despite being left heavily exposed by Barrett. Chief Steward too.

Bayliss 7.5 slow into the game but like the side grew into the game. Classy

Kelly 7 could tell it's his first game for weeks, passing was off but work rate was key.

Doyle 7 early yellow could of been costly, passing hit and miss but a captains performance in general. Took a heaven hit towards the end.

Barrett 5.5 was expecting more, occasion or first start got the better of him.

Biamou 9 MOTM. another hard working performance, always liked him now love him!! Deserved the goal, and a handshake and vote of support from me as he boarded the bus after the game.

McNulty 8.5 covered some miles as he defended from the front, great performance.

Subs
Shipley 7 slotted straight into the action. Think he's rest on the bench was needed.

Stevenson 6.5 fairly solid, should of buried his chance at the end in what could potentially be his last CCFC game.

Kelly-Evans 6 reliable and committed as ever.

Robins 9 difficult to plan for this given the new manager and potential change in style and approach play. Got all his homework right and substitutions too.

Was very pleased after the game, big smile and talked to us.

Side note is Micky Doyle limped onto the team bus after, hopefully just a bruise.

Last edited:

steve82

Downside, it is just under three weeks since my wife died, just after our golden wedding. Upside, it was my first game for 50 years. I watched from the home side's family area and pretended to be Mourinho (but was grinning by the end!)

Ratings:
Burge 8 Even his kicking was good
Grimmer 7.5 Opened things up when he attacked but defensively OK too
Willis 8.5 MOTM Saved our bacon on three occasions by getting back quickly when it was two on one
McDonald 7.5 Grew into the game - or was it just that I could see what he was doing in the second half!
Stokes 7.5 Some great tackles and got things moving well, but spoiled a little by some misdirected clearances
Bayliss

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Otis

I've not got a clue what Burge will have to do to win some people over. The poor bloke played really well, kept a clean sheet and still gets stick.
The lowest score anyone has given him in the ratings here is 7.

7 is good. Most are 8's.

I don't see the problem.

hopesprings

Did anyone notice Doyle run 30 yards to say well done to Dke when he put a decent challenge in near the end? He really does stand up as the captain
yep that was great and his influence has been really impressive this season. That DKE challenge was right up there with the sort of tackle we used to see from Doyle. I have to say when he was here last time I really didn't take to him much, found him very negative and his passing was always back or sideways. This time round his passing isn't often that great but you are right, his influence on those around him is terrific. Right through the game he is making sure the younger players are doing as they should. He has been a real leader and that gesture summed him and his attitude up ..terrific!

stupot07

Burge 8
Grimmer 8
Willis 8
MacDonald 8
Stokes 7
Bayliss 8
Doyle 8
Kelly 8
Barratt 6
McNulty 8.5
Biamou 9 MOTM

Sub's
Shipley 7
Stevenson 7
DKE 7

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

Burge 8.5 I've been critical in the past of his decision making but he called everyone right, the first half save at the foot of the striker was very well timed, claimed and punched at the right times too.

Grimmer 8 gives everything, likeable guy who attacked well when he could.

Willis 8.5 reliable and solid. Made the right decisions

McDonald 8.5 solidly slotted back in, seems effortless at times. Classy.

Stokes 7 had a good game despite being left heavily exposed by Barrett. Chief Steward too.

Bayliss 7.5 slow into the game but like the side grew into the game. Classy

Kelly 7 could tell it's his first game for weeks, passing was off but work rate was key.

Doyle 7 early yellow could of been costly, passing hit and miss but a captains performance in general. Took a heaven hit towards the end.

Barrett 5.5 was expecting more, occasion or first start got the better of him.

Biamou 9 MOTM. another hard working performance, always liked him now love him!! Deserved the goal, and a handshake and vote of support from me as he boarded the bus after the game.

McNulty 8.5 covered some miles as he defended from the front, great performance.

Subs
Shipley 7 slotted straight into the action. Think he's rest on the bench was needed.

Stevenson 6.5 fairly solid, should of buried his chance at the end in what could potentially be his last CCFC game.

Kelly-Evans 6 reliable and committed as ever.

Robins 9 difficult to plan for this given the new manager and potential change in style and approach play. Got all his homework right and substitutions too.

Was very pleased after the game, big smile and talked to us.

Side note is Micky Doyle limped onto the team bus after, hopefully just a bruise.
Yeah seen him limp onto the coach. Apparently has been playing through that injury for quite a while. Be interesting if he is in the team on Tuesday.

stevefloyd

Couple of things about Biamou he has learned on the hoof so to speak and whilst the goals haven't been coming he has generally given an honest performance and not tried to hide even though it must have been difficult at times, hopefully he has turned the corner now and he owes Mark Robins an awful lot in the faith and loyalty shown to him, I have no idea why I like Biamou more than McNulty and (quite rightly) I have slated him at times this season, I always said I would be prepared to eat humble pie, I still don't think McNulty is a main striker but he aint looking too shabby at being the 2nd striker :)

clint van damme

Couple of things about Biamou he has learned on the hoof so to speak and whilst the goals haven't been coming he has generally given an honest performance and not tried to hide even though it must have been difficult at times, hopefully he has turned the corner now and he owes Mark Robins an awful lot in the faith and loyalty shown to him, I have no idea why I like Biamou more than McNulty and (quite rightly) I have slated him at times this season, I always said I would be prepared to eat humble pie, I still don't think McNulty is a main striker but he aint looking too shabby at being the 2nd striker :)

I've been saying it for ages. The gulf is bigger than a lot of people realise. It's a steep learning curve but he's been getting steadily better and hopefully this is the start of him adding goals to his repertoire.

SkyBlueDom26

All of them 10/10 couldn’t fault any of them, Biamou was brilliant in every aspect of them game. Onto Tuesday we go...

SkyBlueDom26

credit to Robins. He's persevered with him and hasn't given into pressure to play Ponticelli who he clearly rates but thinks isn't quite ready yet, (I agree with him).
We look SO dangerous every time we came forward Yesteday, we had pace and we moved the ball round quickly and really tested them MK defenders. First 20 wasn’t brilliant but once we got going I knew we would see the game through

Esoterica

We look SO dangerous every time we came forward Yesteday, we had pace and we moved the ball round quickly and really tested them MK defenders. First 20 wasn’t brilliant but once we got going I knew we would see the game through
Wasn't able to see the game yesterday, where did the pace come from? It's something I've thought we've lacked all season, especially without Jodi Jones.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Agree, but I think it helped therir defence was a shambles especiallly after Lewington went off they were all over the shop and their CB who miss kicked it for the goal, take that out was one of the worst pro performances I’ve ever seen absolute donkey on the floor and even in the air Mcnulty was out muscling him.
I’d be surprised if they stay up.

Users who are viewing this thread