Matchday #4 - Millwall vs Coventry (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

All match related talk in here, I shall do a preview later on in the week.

Gonna go for 2-0, whoever does the pre-match interview on Sky Blues Player to score first.

I think Millwall's momentum has gone now they have lost.
Hope to see a few of you there :D

redsox

Facebook User
We've just got to win, to my eternal shame my brother is a diehard Lion's fan and I'll never hear the last of it ! I think it'll be 2-1. Eastwood & Juke Box to score

Tom

To be honest, I can't see us winning this game, I'll go with a 1-1 draw

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Hate to be negative but I'd snap your hands off for a draw now. I might have to go for a 2-0 or 2-1 Millwall. I don't think Millwall will be up there this season despite their great start and I think it's a great time to play them after they've been brought back down to earth after being beaten but I still think they will slightly edge us on this one... sorry guys, hope I'm wrong! This will be the first game this season I will miss because I just spent a small fortune on a mini trip that involves the Bristol City away game somewhere in between. Whoever goes enjoy the game and I will be back in the action for the Leicester home game :p

wexfordskyblue

Facebook User
I see platt starting with eastwood, with Mac and platt scoring their first goals 0-2 city, PUSB Enjoy who ever is traveling to the match:cool:

CoxyCCFC

I'm going, and I have a weird feeling were gonna get beat. The New Den is one of the hardest grounds to go to in the football league. I'd take a draw. But yeah your right about it being the right time to play them. I think Platt deserves to start. Even if its in a changed formation but we need a creative midfielder on rather than just 2 defensive minded midfielders.

smileycov

Facebook User
I think i am going with my heart rather than my head on this one, 2-3 i really fancy us to come together on this .
Platt-ini to score his first cov goal!!

i am there so just don't wanna back against us.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Offer Boothroyd a point and he'd take it,without a doubt.We can win the game for sure but a point would be great and would keep our unbeaten start intact.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I think we will have done well to come away with a draw... especially looking at our defensive display against Derby ! Millwall will be much stronger going forwards than them and I doubt we will be quite as lucky. On the other hand if it ties at 1-1 either side could grab a winner near the end.

A hopeful 2-1 win from me !

smileycov

Facebook User
Took this off the millwall page on 606!! funniest trhing i have read, he is a geniune fan!!

Our club history

Championship Millwall by MFC_4-life (U14585519) 25 August 2010

I was just looking at our club history for the past hour and never reliased what we achieved and how succesful we was

if it wasnt for the second world war we could of been one off maybe the biggest footballclub in england

now for all those leeds fans taking the p1ss about not having any silver wear well you are wrong it it just in the past 10 years we havent won a piece of silver wear apart from the play-offs

blaming HITLER for there lack of success...priceless, bring on saturday :D

Disorganised1

Took this off the millwall page on 606!! funniest trhing i have read, he is a geniune fan!!

Our club history

Championship Millwall by MFC_4-life (U14585519) 25 August 2010

I was just looking at our club history for the past hour and never reliased what we achieved and how succesful we was

if it wasnt for the second world war we could of been one off maybe the biggest footballclub in england

now for all those leeds fans taking the p1ss about not having any silver wear well you are wrong it it just in the past 10 years we havent won a piece of silver wear apart from the play-offs

blaming HITLER for there lack of success...priceless, bring on saturday :D

In Millwall terms the guy is an intelectual ~ he's read a book

CovInEssex

Npower Championship
Venue: The Den Date: Saturday, 28 August Kick-off: 1500 BST

Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio & highlights on The Football League Show
TEAM NEWS

Millwall manager Kenny Jackett expects to choose from an unchanged squad.
Defender Tony Craig and striker Shaun Batt remain the only injury absentees for the Lions with foot and knee problems respectively.

Coventry are assessing the fitness of striker Lukas Jutkiewicz, who suffered a knee injury against Derby last weekend and could miss out.
Back-up goalkeeper Michael Quirke may also be unable to join the squad after suffering a dislocated finger.

MATCH PREVIEW

The clubs are meeting for the first time in five years and were both Division Three South outfits when Coventry City last won an away match against Millwall, on Boxing Day 1955.
That was at the notoriously intimidating old Den, and the current Den is also a fortress for the Lions, who have not lost there for almost a year. Kenny Jackett's men are unbeaten in 15 home matches and have won four of the last five games on their own patch.
Their Carling Cup victory over Middlesbrough was their fourth win in five matches, but they will be looking to atone for their first league loss since returning to the second tier - a 3-1 reverse at Leeds last weekend.
Coventry have made an encouraging start to the season and are one of six clubs still holding an unbeaten record in the Championship. But improving their away form is a priority for boss Aidy Boothroyd, as the Sky Blues are without a victory in six matches on the road.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
• This is the 49th league meeting of Millwall and Coventry.

• The Lions boast a 13-match unbeaten home league record against Coventry (W8, D5).
Millwall
• Millwall are one of seven teams yet to concede a home goal in the Championship.
• Defender Darren Ward is set to make his 400th career start.
• Middlesbrough and Millwall are the only teams to lose a Championship game this season after scoring the opening goal.
• If selected, Jimmy Abdou will be making his 100th appearance for Millwall.
Coventry
• Coventry are one of six clubs still holding an unbeaten record in the Championship.
• They have drawn three matches and lost three since their last away victory: a 1-0 win over Peterborough at London Road on 6 March.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread