Max joins the Vikings! (1 Viewer)

Otis

Where is the obsession? Who has the obsession? Why compare him to Waghorn then as they are two very different players.
Yeah, I don't get the Waghorn comparison either.

🤷

Grendel

The most telling comparison is the reaction with biamou to Shipley

Joy Division

Where is the obsession? Who has the obsession? Why compare him to Waghorn then as they are two very different players.

Well you've brought Godden up. I think some maybe mentioning Waghorn as he was a forward that arrived after Biamou left, not that I agree with the compasions.

SBT

Not sure why the obsession to compare him and bring up Godden in this conversation. Two very different players.
There is no comparison to be made.

It makes the notion that Godden is somehow frustrated with City fans’ admiration for Biamou even more ludicrous.

alexccfc99

I had the perfect view of that, one of the best ever goals I've seen live. Gutted when they equalised in injury time as that goal deserved to win any game.
Well you learn something new every day as I have been convinced for years that we actually won that match! I remember Biamou's goal but have no recollection of Peterborough equalising

Otis

Anyway, I believe Biamou has just signed for Doncaster, so maybe we should start a thread about that and just wish him well. 🤪

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

Is it not possible to like Max but also be of the opinion he was ever so slightly overrated by our supporters
Yep. He was/is well liked and it seems to me to be a bit churlish to criticise him because some fans are hyperbolic about his football skills.

alexccfc99

Yep. He was/is well liked and it seems to me to be a bit churlish to criticise him because some fans are hyperbolic about his football skills.
He was a decent L1/2 player who fully immersed himself in the club and supporters and scored some memorable/important goals along the way - He should remain well liked but keeping him and Bakayoko for any more than a season at Championship level was a non-starter if we wanted to progress

Terry_dactyl

He was a decent L1/2 player who fully immersed himself in the club and supporters and scored some memorable/important goals along the way - He should remain well liked but keeping him and Bakayoko for any more than a season at Championship level was a non-starter if we wanted to progress
I was mildly surprised when we let him go. Mostly because I thought he’d improved a bit as a ‘target man’ and we didn’t really have anyone else!

You’re right of course…”keep Max or sign Viktor Gyokeres”? Hmmm, a real conundrum.

Edit: I’m fairly sure this wasn’t the case.

alexccfc99

I was mildly surprised when we let him go. Mostly because I thought he’d improved a bit as a ‘target man’ and we didn’t really have anyone else!

You’re right of course…”keep Max or sign Viktor Gyokeres”? Hmmm, a real conundrum.

Edit: I’m fairly sure this wasn’t the case.
Waghorn on paper was an upgrade and it isn't hard to see why the club chose to go down that path - It just didn't work out

We've made plenty of signings who looked good on paper and turned out to be poor and plenty who looked like donkies beforehand who worked out better than we could have imagined

It happens

Grendel

Waghorn on paper was an upgrade and it isn't hard to see why the club chose to go down that path - It just didn't work out

We've made plenty of signings who looked good on paper and turned out to be poor and plenty who looked like donkies beforehand who worked out better than we could have imagined

It happens

Yes - if any manager was offered Waghorn or Biamou they’d have taken Waghorn every time

Robinshio

Yes - if any manager was offered Waghorn or Biamou they’d have taken Waghorn every time
you really are a knob with your agenda
he was signed as a league 2 player and did an excellent job helping us out of league 2 and stabilising beyond
unless he has shagged your missus - I really dont get why you have such a big chip (or sack of spuds)on your shoulder

Grendel

you really are a knob with your agenda
he was signed as a league 2 player and did an excellent job helping us out of league 2 and stabilising beyond
unless he has shagged your missus - I really dont get why you have such a big chip (or sack of spuds)on your shoulder

How on earth is making a factually accurate statement having an agenda.

Let’s be honest he wouldn’t to score with anyone - he’d have to be 30 yards away - within touching distance he’d miss the target.

Robinshio

Let’s be honest he wouldn’t to score with anyone - he’d have to be 30 yards away - within touching distance he’d miss the target.
because as you said people may have chosen waghorn, but we owe much more to Max to where we are now than Waghorn - Without him supporting mcnulty we may not have got out of league 2 - you really are blind once you have an opinion - Nobody is saying he is championship level, but the job he did in league 2 helped us to where we are now - if waghorn would have played at a level expected of a championship player last season we may have got promoted, so based on what we signed him for Max was much more of a success than Waghorn and that cannot be disputed -

Max may miss the target within touching distance but also scored some crucual goals but FFS Waghorn scored how many from open play ? 1 in 38 games - so prolific - and you dont have an agenda you are hilarious

curly_tom

You are totally obsessed with this subject and you have a strong agenda. It is obvious to everybody who reads this forum. You jump in whenever he's mentioned, you remember what specific posters said about him 3/4 years ago. You are doing the same thing with Palmer and JDS now. You ridicule people who are positive about Biamou. Some people like him and want to say somethinig positive, get over it. Many posters wish him well.

PS. I'm pretty sure when people said they are going to watch Doncaster they were joking, I certainly was

Otis

You are totally obsessed with this subject and you have a strong agenda. It is obvious to everybody who reads this forum. You jump in whenever he's mentioned, you remember what specific posters said about him 3/4 years ago. You are doing the same thing with Palmer and JDS now. You ridicule people who are positive about Biamou. Some people like him and want to say somethinig positive, get over it. Many posters wish him well.

PS. I'm pretty sure when people said they are going to watch Doncaster they were joking, I certainly was
😱

I had made you a flask of tea and some sandwiches and everything. 🤬

Grendel

because as you said people may have chosen waghorn, but we owe much more to Max to where we are now than Waghorn - Without him supporting mcnulty we may not have got out of league 2 - you really are blind once you have an opinion - Nobody is saying he is championship level, but the job he did in league 2 helped us to where we are now - if waghorn would have played at a level expected of a championship player last season we may have got promoted, so based on what we signed him for Max was much more of a success than Waghorn and that cannot be disputed -

Max may miss the target within touching distance but also scored some crucual goals but FFS Waghorn scored how many from open play ? 1 in 38 games - so prolific - and you dont have an agenda you are hilarious

Of course we’d have got out of league 2 our ppg when he was in and out the team was virtually identical

We wouldn’t have got out without Shipley either - perhaps you should toddle down to the new Gay Meadow and say hi and thanks

Grendel

Wear your selfie with pride

curly_tom

Wear your selfie with pride
Yeah good one, you really proved you aren't obsessed with that. I see you've gone to the trouble of calculating the ppg with Biamou in the team and not in the team from 6 years ago, well done.

I don't have a selfie, that was also a joke, I'm 44, I don't get selfies . I have not met him although my dad had a long conversation with him in French and liked him a lot.

Grendel

Yeah good one, you really proved you aren't obsessed with that. I see you've gone to the trouble of calculating the ppg with Biamou in the team and not in the team from 6 years ago, well done.

I don't have a selfie, that was also a joke, I'm 44, I don't get selfies . I have not met him although my dad had a long conversation with him in French and liked him a lot.

French Hello GIF by WWE

Robinshio

Of course we’d have got out of league 2 our ppg when he was in and out the team was virtually identical

We wouldn’t have got out without Shipley either - perhaps you should toddle down to the new Gay Meadow and say hi and thanks
and yes all of our league 1 and 2 teams and now championship deserve our thanks - why not - why does it hurt you so much . Of course i would not go and watch him , but when we get to the premier league we should thank every single one of them who have contributed to our journey - Even Waghorn for his 1 goal in 38 games in open play

SBT

Without him supporting mcnulty we may not have got out of league 2 - you really are blind once you have an opinion - Nobody is saying he is championship level, but the job he did in league 2 helped us to where we are now
Ironically I thought he performed better for us in L1 and sometimes even in the Championship than he did in L2. There were times in that first season where he looked like one of the worst strikers we’ve ever had.

Terry_dactyl

That's super, matey. 👍
Surely Super Matty?

Who incidentally was on The Apprentice again last night. This week, moving on from trying to find Jersey Royals, he was marketing E Cars. Which it seems aren’t as much fun as they sound.

Users who are viewing this thread