McNally (1 Viewer)

PVA

What a signing he's been so far.

His defensive numbers are incredible. Amongst championship centre backs this season:

Tackles - 99th percentile
Interceptions - 99th percentile
Clearances - 95th percentile
Aerial challenges won - 88th percentile

Averages 7.2 Tackles and Interceptions per game, next best CB for us is Panzo at 3.4.

Would love to see him sign in the summer and play alongside Fadz for another year and then be his long term successor.

Last edited:

Grendel

His defensive numbers are incredible. Amongst championship centre backs this season:

Averages 7.2 Tackles and Interceptions per game, next best CB for us is Panzo at 3.4.

Would love to see him sign in the summer and play alongside Fadz for another year and then he his long term successor.

So Mcfazdean has worse stats than Panzo?

pusbccfc

Brilliant player at this level.

Evo1883

On some stats yes, and Fadz better on some others.

But that role in the middle is quite different to the outside CBs so it's not quite a straight comparison.

And you have to remember one is controlling the defence and speaking throughout , and is 36 😂 the other is coming through and looks to be very good at this level

fatso

Really like the back three of Doyle, McFadzean and McNally. Shame only one of those is ours, would love to sign them both
We might have a good chance, as they are both flourishing here, but would be unlikely to get much game time back at their respective clubs.
A season long loan if not a permanent move might be our best chance.

Reactions: AOM

no_loyalty

It would be great to sign him permanently, if not possible would try and sign him on a season long loan.

Great_Expectations

I really think there’s a strong chance we’ll get him in the summer. He wasn’t an impromptu January buy - he was on the radar.

He wasn’t getting game time at Burnley in the Championship so there’s no chance in the Prem.

I put tongue in cheek on the other thread, but there is a truth to it, his passion today, in game, for the celebrations and after, evidences he’s immersed in CCFC which can only bode well if he is available in the summer.

Gibbo

McNally must be a potential signing with any money for Big Vik if Burnley go up (which they surely are). Suspect Man City will want Doyle back probably to send somewhere else and maybe beyond our budget.

Jury is out on Panzo.

Fergusons_Beard

Needs to sort his passing out. He’s like at Dom Hyam levels at the moment.
Could easily sort but that’s a small gripe in an otherwise fantastic loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sick Boy

Would love to see him sign in the summer and play alongside Fadz for another year and then be his long term successor.
We’ve definitely found McFadz successor if we manage to sign him - he’s a fantastic player.

Hobo

He is calm, collected, strong, but also knows when to just boot it. He is vocal too. He has a decent pass on him but a few off today against Sunderland.

But over all a great no nonsense defender.

Dickie

Bearing in mind he’s signed a 4 year contract with Burnley, I’d be happy with a full season on loan. Persuade him to join a promotion push with us rather than bench warm in Burnleh.

PVA

Bearing in mind he’s signed a 4 year contract with Burnley, I’d be happy with a full season on loan. Persuade him to join a promotion push with us rather than bench warm in Burnleh.

He's about 5th or 6th choice at Burnley currently, and they'd presumably strengthen again in the summer so I don't think his prospects at Burnley look great.

sotvtoday

McNally must be a potential signing with any money for Big Vik if Burnley go up (which they surely are). Suspect Man City will want Doyle back probably to send somewhere else and maybe beyond our budget.

Jury is out on Panzo.
Well if Burnley want Vik there will be a deal to be done (as long as it's not Vik to Burnley for £3m + McNally).

Hobo

Not his best game on Saturday but still did the stuff when it really mattered.

He has been a great loan and I love his no nonsense style. If we are going to spend some money in summer he would be a great starting point. Sort of player you can start building a team around. A natural leader.

alexccfc99

Burnley fans seem adamant he still has a future with them regardless of the fact they will be a Prem side next season (think we can safely say that now!)

We’ve got to at least try though, fantastic defender and hopefully he slips further and further down their pecking order and they may be more willing to let go permanently

PVA

Burnley fans seem adamant he still has a future with them regardless of the fact they will be a Prem side next season (think we can safely say that now!)

We’ve got to at least try though, fantastic defender and hopefully he slips further and further down their pecking order and they may be more willing to let go permanently

I'm not sure about that, he's about 6th in the pecking order and they'll presumably strengthen again in the summer.

Or I guess maybe they're happy to loan him out for a couple of years

Grendel

His weaknesses were cruelly exposed today - I think we will be looking elsewhere

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread