McSheffrey says goodbye (1 Viewer)

richtom

it must of been hard for gary as he was with us in the prem {ok very young} and his dream would of been of playing for cov and quality players around him,but that changed when we went down ---had 2 good seasons with us i think and had a great season with brum but it stopped after that ,same happened to davenport - marcus hall was different played in the prem for a long time and played ok

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

SHOW SOME FRICKIN RESPECT. A bloody brilliant player for us till he went to Birmingham and had a bloody brilliant season for them, till they changed manager, and knee injuries took him out for 2-3 years. AN absolutley brilliant servant to the club, i was devastated when he left us for Birmingham like everyone at CCFC, and anyone that says any diffrent is talking out of their fat, 40year old virgin, arsehole. Was our best player for years, even after McAllister had tried to push him out of the door. Yes he's been poor by his standards this season, i thought he did okay the first two years he was back, just not the same player since he left, for obvious reasons. Give the bloke some respect, a brilliant player that I feel should have been kept upfront. WE sold him to Birmingham and he went on to have the experience of Premiership football that he deserved and that we could never offer him. Everyone that was growing up and followed Coventry, around 2003/2004 when he broke through, wanted to be like him. It is time to move on, but McSheff will always be (of my lifetime) my favourite Coventry player. Ill never forget the day he returned for Birmingham on a tuesday night in october 2007 im guessing, and when he was subbed off in the last few minutes, everyone abusedhim, yet me and my grandad stood up and applauded him off, and we also got a load of stick from the woman behind us!

I remember the sheer disappointment at football training after he left. He was a brilliant player, respect him. All the best Gary with wherever you go next.

shmmeee

One and a half good seasons in the Championship, aided by being penalty taker, and half a season playing well in the Championship with Brum.

He was garbage and lazy most of the rest of the time. Wanted to believe in his own hype. Any questions about his commitment and ability can be answered by looking at his stats for this season.

singers_pore

I wonder how many of the people who are saying that Sheffers was lazy have ever suffered a serious sporting injury. When your knees are gone there is not much you can do about it I'm afraid.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Never been a fan of sheffers particularly but I think it is a bit churlish not to thank him for what he has done and wish him all the best for the future. As a Coventry kid his heart was always in the right place when it came to the club.

good luck sheffers

Joy Division

Even if he WAS better than Henry I bet some people would criticize him.

All the best to him, I remember watching McSheffrey during the youth cup run's of the late 90's and his eventual breakthrough into the 1st team.

Nick

Administrator
I have just read on the Telegraph site that he has 2 years remaining? The other day it was 1 but I thought he was out of contract unless he triggered something this season.

Nonleagueherewecome

Baginton

Be good to see him finish his career at Luton, a couple of seasons, maybe thats why the Luton gaffer was rumoured to be at a Cov game the other week!

Warwickhunt

Typical fans have this hatred for a chappie who in real terms is a Coventry lad through and Through who has been playing with injury for God knows how long now, when he has gone who will they shift onto next to drive away from the club.

Covstu

Typical fans have this hatred for a chappie who in real terms is a Coventry lad through and Through who has been playing with injury for God knows how long now, when he has gone who will they shift onto next to drive away from the club.

Agreed, David Bell for starters (but they may have a point), not sure how many players we will have left more to the point!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Anyone who remembers Hartlepool in the League Cup a few years ago will realise that City fans aren't above booing their youngsters, so I expect next years 1st Team/Youth Team are in for a baptism of fire. If there's anybody left to boo them, that is..

Users who are viewing this thread