Mediation talks underway (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

So Sisu have started JR2 and otium (Ccfc) are named as party to it. Has that happened since the preliminary talks about meditation?

Ccfc. Have put their demands in and let's be honest all sky blue fans would want those things. But what is their contribution they are prepared to commit?

I thought we came back in 2014 until August 2018 isn't that four years seasons.

How do you force a private limited company to give up income?

When Ccfc or wasps say no deal to agree it will be their fault, from this article.

So the one thing wasps and Coventry council have said must stop has had the lift off button pressed. That in its self doesn't give me much confidence in successful mediation.

Useful to say to a judge mediation was attempted of course

Just seems like setting a scene before anyone else to me.

I hope this is all in good faith and is a success but excuse me if I am very cynical about that and will believe it when I see it.
Totally agree - seems to be a ploy SISU would use judging on past experiences! I wouldn't trust them an inch.

stevefloyd

I just feel like hubba dubba bubba...no idea what it means but its off my cheast now unlike this poxy cough that has decided to cling onto me

chiefdave

Coventry City have already taken part in preliminary discussions and have set a three-point remit in notifying the MP they are calling for “active not passive support from Coventry City Council”
Struggle to think any supporter could object to the three points put forward. All things you would expect a local council to do as a matter of course.
It is understood the Football League, Coventry City Council, and the football club’s parent company Sisu have agreed to take part in the process.
Good that its SISU rather than the club / Fisher and having someone independent overseeing things and the FL involved as well can only be a good thing.

If the council have any sense they should agree to the three points. In the unlikely event SISU are serious then everyone should be behind it. In the more likely scenario that its all part of some plan the council coming out and saying we're 100% behind the club would give SISU a problem - they'd have to move forward or admit it was all BS. In either scenario we move closer to the end game.

chiefdave

Well giblet your 5am exclusive has gone for a shitter
Wonder if his 'exclusive' will be the same story spun from a council / Wasps perspective or something setting us up for being kicked out and it not being Wasps fault. Can't imagine its something totally unrelated given the timing.

italiahorse

The shit free paper that told us about Slade and Robins? The shit free paper that actually gives us some exclusives, some news rather than just post negative stories or "five things we've learned..." ? Never fails to surprise me how many people are against the only pro CCFC newspaper in the city. It is the story that matters and not the journalist.

The CET dont have access to CCFC so I guess the Observer gets all the info first.
From what I see at the expense of having to be a Sisu mouth piece.
Mind you for a few on here it looks like they are pushing against an open door.

Everybody needs to start again, the legal action needs to be exhausted and if we are still at the Ricoh then proper long term discussions for the only option at the Ricoh can then start. Until then we just need to wait as any discussions will be pointless.

skybluedan

Wonder if his 'exclusive' will be the same story spun from a council / Wasps perspective or something setting us up for being kicked out and it not being Wasps fault. Can't imagine its something totally unrelated given the timing.

You know what Dave , I was thinking the same be funny if it was something shit like changing the Ricoh name
Either way he looks a sausage

olderskyblue

Christ, does Les get paid by the word?? :)

hutch1972

Minutes of the October 7, 2014 meeting of Coventry City Council – in which Labour and Conservative councillors in private approved the deal to sell the Ricoh to then London Wasps Holdings Limited – show one condition of the deal had been that the football club’s “future and security” would not be compromised.
I hope this part of the original deal is printed and handed to everyone involved.
Ccc put those conditions in , let's hope they ensure they are adhered to.

Reactions: vow

chiefdave

Minutes of the October 7, 2014 meeting of Coventry City Council – in which Labour and Conservative councillors in private approved the deal to sell the Ricoh to then London Wasps Holdings Limited – show one condition of the deal had been that the football club’s “future and security” would not be compromised.
I hope this part of the original deal is printed and handed to everyone involved.
That's the question that the council should be getting hammered with. Even if its not in writing its what we were told.

letsallsingtogether

The shit free paper that told us about Slade and Robins? The shit free paper that actually gives us some exclusives, some news rather than just post negative stories or "five things we've learned..." ? Never fails to surprise me how many people are against the only pro CCFC newspaper in the city. It is the story that matters and not the journalist.
No the only paper that Tim will speak to see that as you will.
Funny how when it's the Telegraph it is the whole paper!!

Johnnythespider

I fail to see how giving a London rugby franchise a 250 year lease on the Ricoh does anything for the football clubs future & security

letsallsingtogether

That's the question that the council should be getting hammered with. Even if its not in writing its what we were told.
Who should be doing it?
I for one am willing to email them but it needs everyone to do so.
Let's see if we can get answers.
Funny those that shout the most do fuck all but moan come on get on board.

italiahorse

I fail to see how giving a London rugby franchise a 250 year lease on the Ricoh does anything for the football clubs future & security
.... because CCFC could not afford to buy and run the stadium from D1. I think TF would agree.
.... because putting a viable concern into the Ricoh may just give CCFC the only chance it has.
However, I don't think Sisu and a few on here realise this and still think CCFC could just take it over and run it.

CCFC are stronger with Wasps and Wasps are stronger with CCFC. Neither needs Sisu.

skybluetony176

I would say the local media, CWR, Telegraph and Observer.

Anything I've enquired about has always been batted back as commercially confidential. Easy to do to a member of the public, bit trickier if you have the media on your case.

Have you tried doing it by way of an FOI enquiry?

hutch1972

.... because CCFC could not afford to buy and run the stadium from D1. I think TF would agree.
.... because putting a viable concern into the Ricoh may just give CCFC the only chance it has.
However, I don't think Sisu and a few on here realise this and still think CCFC could just take it over and run it.

CCFC are stronger with Wasps and Wasps are stronger with CCFC. Neither needs Sisu.
Not trying to be argumentative, but neither could wasps. They borrowed the money .

letsallsingtogether

I would say the local media, CWR, Telegraph and Observer.

Anything I've enquired about has always been batted back as commercially confidential. Easy to do to a member of the public, bit trickier if you have the media on your case.
I have spoken to my local councillor but it needs everyone to do it, they cant keep on fobbing us off if they realise it is a big issue at the moment it seems like the same half a dozen lunatics asking.

letsallsingtogether

Not trying to be argumentative, but neither could wasps. They borrowed the money .
That's fine have put their money where their mouth is.they are giving it ago probebly end tits up.
What have ours tried nothing bar words.
Need to get the fans onside first then start fighting these battles.

duffer

The CET dont have access to CCFC so I guess the Observer gets all the info first.
From what I see at the expense of having to be a Sisu mouth piece.
Mind you for a few on here it looks like they are pushing against an open door.

Everybody needs to start again, the legal action needs to be exhausted and if we are still at the Ricoh then proper long term discussions for the only option at the Ricoh can then start. Until then we just need to wait as any discussions will be pointless.

SISU mouth piece? Hello pot, kettle here!

This is a bit rich from someone who benefits financially from Wasps and then posts on a daily basis that the Wasps/Ricoh option is the only option.

So I'd take a long, hard look at yourself before trying to accuse someone else of being a mouthpiece. I don't think anyone's accused Reid of taking money from SISU, whereas you're clearly making money from Wasps. Using your own logic, why should anyone take what you say what you say at face value?

As for the true intentions of SISU here, it's perfectly fair to be cynical - who wouldn't be. But at least talking would be something, what's to lose.

torchomatic

No the only paper that Tim will speak to see that as you will.
Funny how when it's the Telegraph it is the whole paper!!

I like Andy Turner, he's a good journalist and cares about CCFC. The very reason I don't like Gilbert, so it's not a whole CT thing for me.

Johnnythespider

Then why don't they make an offer

CCFC54321

Wasps will go bust as there is no way they can pay back the £45m debt they have around there neck.

You can keep on re bonding or what ever it's called but eventually the debt will catch up...

oldfiver

How does preferring the Butts help avoid legal disputes? Are you suggesting the council could influence the Rugby Club, JS into working with SISU after all? With council backing for a bigger stadium - in return for SISU dropping JR2?

How do you come to that from what I said?

italiahorse

SISU mouth piece? Hello pot, kettle here!

This is a bit rich from someone who benefits financially from Wasps and then posts on a daily basis that the Wasps/Ricoh option is the only option.

So I'd take a long, hard look at yourself before trying to accuse someone else of being a mouthpiece. I don't think anyone's accused Reid of taking money from SISU, whereas you're clearly making money from Wasps. Using your own logic, why should anyone take what you say what you say at face value?

As for the true intentions of SISU here, it's perfectly fair to be cynical - who wouldn't be. But at least talking would be something, what's to lose.

Whats benefitting financially from Wasps got to do with saying CCFC at the Ricoh is the only option? It makes no difference financially to me whether CCFC are here or not.
Hardly a Wasps mouthpiece posting on here.
You need to show me where I talk Wasps up as well. My reasoning is what is realistic for CCFC.
If slagging off Sisu and pointing out there shit policies is the reason the I'm guilty as charged.
Love to be advised how discussions can take place between all parties when Sisu are taking CCC and Wasps to court ?

oldfiver

How does preferring the Butts help avoid legal disputes? Are you suggesting the council could influence the Rugby Club, JS into working with SISU after all? With council backing for a bigger stadium - in return for SISU dropping JR2?

I have simply said that entering discussions to stop legal wranglings must be a good thing for WASPs ( if they are intended to be involved in such )
I assume you disagree?

Users who are viewing this thread