Michael byng midlands today interview (1 Viewer)

bamalamafizzfazz

The last line almost made me wet my pants. Excited about this guy talking very matter of factly about a realistic business idea. Great find!!

AFCCOVENTRY

Q: Can you honestly see ccfc playing at ricoh and can you see your party owning ccfc

A: Yes CCFC will be playing at the Ricoh and I can see us owning them in whole or in part

Seems very confident and with 3 major multinational companies backing this with one a big player in the UK and one listed on the NYSE, he may have some serious money backing this. Didn't seemed phased by how much anything would cost and this is peanuts to them.

speedie87

i got the impression too.

plus mentioned more than once we would just have a licence to play at the ricoh next year

chiefdave

plus mentioned more than once we would just have a licence to play at the ricoh next year

i took that as they want to own either the freehold or ACL but know that won't be done in time for next season so are happy to play a year on similar terms to the 3 games played at the end of last season.

i took that as they want to own either the freehold or ACL but know that won't be done in time for next season so are happy to play a year on similar terms to the 3 games played at the end of last season.

That is how I understood it - don't want to get excited....but YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! come Michael makes us a proud club once again.

mattylad

interesting piece and none of the usual spun rubbish (not sure about the wing back chair though!!)

chiefdave

there was a fair bit of praise for SISU, wonder if they're doing some ego stroking as they are looking to buy holdings as well?

SkyBlueRuffian

Is it just me being paranoid because parts of that interview suggested to me that they would be along side sisu?

That's exact what I got from it, end of the day SISU are not going to walk away from the apparent £40M investment so working with these people may be the way forward?

He is a Coventry fan, I am sure he would not want to work with SISU - he is playing the room to make this work, how would it look if he started slating SISU in his first TV interview? He is a professional unfortunately SISU/ACL/CCC could take a left from his book about how you act in public - Good Luck Michael I hope for all of us you manage to pull this it off. PUSB.:blue:

AFCCOVENTRY

I think it's more the case he won't upset SISU as he knows he has to negotiate with them down the line to gain full control of the club... however I get the distinct impression by having 3 multinational companies in this bid... he pretty much said money is no object to them and buying ccfc is small fry.

RogerH

It sounds as though his investment comes at the price of SISU totally changing the way they operate re CCFC or they would be bought out.
PR wise, SISU would be in the background, can't see them having any input re the stadium after the events of the last year or so. TF looks like being the first casualty (Yes!)
Either that or he is being diplomatic in the hope he can gradually work SISU out ?

RPHunt

has anyone actually ever heard of or seen this guy before today?

I remember him from school although I haven't seen him for years and would have been hard pressed to recognise him. I do recall him as being an honest and very decent sort, so I would say that his approach is genuine but obviously I know nothing of his backers or recent background.

The scariest thing to me was not the last words but in the middle where he said;

1. Even SISU had successes over the past 12-18 months..................... that must have been in a parallel universe cos I didn't see any successes
2. Good people who have come in from Charlton Athletic.................... He can't mean Fisher, can he?

Users who are viewing this thread