Michael byng midlands today interview (1 Viewer)

Skybluecj

I think one problem with this is that it is a group of companies and that we don't know exactly who it is investing and how many. Also but how much money they will put in to the club.

But I'm going to stay neutral for now, personally all I care about at the moment is staying at the Ricoh and getting rid off sisu

The scariest thing to me was not the last words but in the middle where he said;

1. Even SISU had successes over the past 12-18 months..................... that must have been in a parallel universe cos I didn't see any successes
2. Good people who have come in from Charlton Athletic.................... He can't mean Fisher, can he?
Steve Waggot came from Charton too.

Lord_Nampil

The scariest thing to me was not the last words but in the middle where he said;

1. Even SISU had successes over the past 12-18 months..................... that must have been in a parallel universe cos I didn't see any successes
2. Good people who have come in from Charlton Athletic.................... He can't mean Fisher, can he?

Def means Waggot, don't no about fisher

Nonleagueherewecome

Is it just me being paranoid because parts of that interview suggested to me that they would be along side sisu?

Quite large chunks of it.

On transparency, "In fact I know SISU intend to do something about this".

"The progress SISU have made in the last 18 months.."

"There are people there who've come from Charlton Athletic who've done a superb job and they can take it forward".

But I'm only 3 and a half minutes in, just a bit gob-smacked by that bit.

J

Jack Griffin

The main thing that worried me about the interview was that he was not prepared to name the backers.

I don't want this secrecy game again, at the end of the day I want to know who owns the club.

chiefdave

The main thing that worried me about the interview was that he was not prepared to name the backers.

I don't want this secrecy game again, at the end of the day I want to know who owns the club.

the we will be transparent by putting someone local up as a front bit was strange. thats a bit like saying SISU are transparent because we've got Tim Fisher fronting it for them.

skyblue.boycie

Quite large chunks of it.

On transparency, "In fact I know SISU intend to do something about this".

"The progress SISU have made in the last 18 months.."

"There are people there who've come from Charlton Athletic who've done a superb job and they can take it forward".

But I'm only 3 and a half minutes in, just a bit gob-smacked by that bit.
Also the bit where he seemed to knock the PH4 bid when referring to owners such as at Chelsea & Man Utd who have sole control of the club.

AFCCOVENTRY

He was most definitely talking about Waggott. I don't have a problem with him. With the right funds and backing he can do a job here still.

AFCCOVENTRY

3 multinational companies have a hell of a lot of money than Haskell...

What is also interesting is the point about they see this as a way to advertise their companies while 'putting' something back into the community (ccfc in this case).

What also just clicked was the Ricoh sponsorship ending soon and an ideal way to get their names on the stadium.

I wonder if getting hold of the Ricoh and council liking this will all hinge on how much one of these takeover companies can pump vital cash into a failing local economy. They will bring new business, factories, work and income back into Coventry while the Ricoh flourishes and small fry CCFC becomes a success and back into the Premiership?

Everyone wins... and that's the way the modern world works ;)

mattylad

wasnt allowed not wasn't prepared to, big companies take these things very seriously as you dont give your competition an edge by announcing your intentions in advance of when you need to.

gary_ccfcforever

That will we Steve Waggott he was involved in the community project there

Samo

3 multinational companies have a hell of a lot of money than Haskell...

What is also interesting is the point about they see this as a way to advertise their companies while 'putting' something back into the community (ccfc in this case).

What also just clicked was the Ricoh sponsorship ending soon and an ideal way to get their names on the stadium.

I wonder if getting hold of the Ricoh and council liking this will all hinge on how much one of these takeover companies can pump vital cash into a failing local economy. They will bring new business, factories, work and income back into Coventry while the Ricoh flourishes and small fry CCFC becomes a success and back into the Premiership?

Everyone wins... and that's the way the modern world works ;)

Fuckin A!
10 characters

CovLis86

Just hope this guy doesn't drop down dead before there's more progress... He's taking a lot of deep breaths for someone sat on a sofa. Intelligent sounding man though, and if he is being honest then it sounds very promising.

speedie87

Just hope this guy doesn't drop down dead before there's more progress... He's taking a lot of deep breaths for someone sat on a sofa. Intelligent sounding man though, and if he is being honest then it sounds very promising.

Lol I noticed the heavy breathing too

ajsccfc

I think that was extended past the initial deal at some point so would have a good few years yet, but not 100% certain.

Chipfat

Just my opinion, but you know when you talk to someone about something and get the feeling that they know something you don't know!! that's what i saw in him. Spoke very well gave clear answers and seemed to be in an advanced position if not head of the game,,, i think it's now over to you Hoff and TF to respond, unless another one jumps in tomorrow....

cloughie

My take on the being nice to sisu is that they maybe trying to do a deal with sisu behind the scenes that makes suer that sisu do not oppose the CVA that will be offered by appleton.

The deal could include payment to sisu on future football success or overall business profit, a way for sisu to claw some money back

and also gives sisu an exit strategy without legal bills by challenging a Haskell /hoff elliot takeover

They will never agree a CVA with Hoff bid due to personal battles /bad blood and won't be seen to loose

Just a thought on listening to Bing

could be a white christmas that I'm dreaming of:whistle::whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

He was most definitely talking about Waggott. I don't have a problem with him. With the right funds and backing he can do a job here still.

Listen again, he uses the words "people" and "they should be allowed to continue". Definitely plural!

Last edited:

mark82

Listen again, he uses the words "people" and "they should be allowed to continue". Definitely plural!

There probably are people within the clubs structure who can be kept on. To be honest I didn't have a problem with Fisher until recently, but he needs to go regardless. Too tainted by the current regime.

Manchester_sky_blue

He may have been alluding to the coaching staff of course................ it's them I feel sorry for really, players will always get another club and are paid well for their services but poor old Oggy has had to put up with the various showers of shite that have controlled the club for a long long time.

Dalo

I know someone Byng owes thousands of pounds too - Google his name alongside RICS and see if you think he is the Sky Blues saviour then

mattylad

I know someone Byng owes thousands of pounds too - Google his name alongside RICS and see if you think he is the Sky Blues saviour then
this would be the appeal pending issue already reported on an earlier post?

mark82

I'm not sure Byng is claiming to be the person financing this or have I missed something?

Users who are viewing this thread