Match Thread Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Play off Semi final 2nd leg Match Thread - Wednesday 17th May (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Absolutely fucking fantastic I was an absolute nervous wreck during that I’m soaked through with sweat. I don’t know what I will be like at Wembley a week on Saturday.

Finham

Absolutely brilliant, every player and the manager who got it totally spot on tactically, including the subs. Amazing stuff. COME ON CITY, WE CAN DO THIS!

Happy_Martian

And Sunderland are pleased for us too...

"Doesnt it make you even sadder that we couldnt get a result last night as we would of beat these lot at Wembley"

Did they beat us at all this season ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

its a buzzard

Can't quite believe it - took the dog for a while in the second half, as I had a horrible feeling we were still in with a chance (flicked on the score with 10 minutes to go, and turned off everything until I got a text from my mate (a Leicester fan) saying 'well done, I thought you were great' Turned everything back on then. I fecking love this club. Let's overrun Wembley now. Come on SBA !!!
Did the dog mind?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Danceswithhorses

Well what an amazing story for the final...Luton Vs Coventry
2 teams who were down on their respective luck, in the basement divisions of professional football (Luton one further down than us).
Playing 2 big teams with rich owners and expensive squads, in the playoff semis, and both winning.
Happy for Cov and Luton, 'cos one of us is gonna hit the jackpot (but hopefully us, obviously !)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm fucking lost for words practically.

That was an absolutely insane performance professionally. Sure, we could have scored more, but we absolutely stifled them. Robins got it correct tactically and they just completely ran out of hope that they could score. That was one of the best teams in the division and we fucked them over three games. Can we beat Luton? Of course we fucking can. Let's go into that game full of confidence because we can do it.

This is just absolutely unreal.

shmmeee

So fucking weird being home alone with the missus. Feel like I want to O’Hare it into the street or something.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Hobo

Great performance and result

Gibbo

It feels like Hamer has almost singlehandedly dragged us to this position.

I just think of 'journeyman pros' like McFadzean and Allen playing for Burton Albion, or Wilson - permanently on the bench. What must it feel like for them? Or even the young lads like BNC, Doyle & McNally used to playing in front of small crowds. It will stay with them for ages. Pleased particularly for BNC who has taken some stick, but clearly has a lot of ability

Absolutely excuisite ball from Sheaf by the way

...on to Wembley it is then

AOM

Thought Middlesbrough were so poor, but that was probably down to our defending. Tactics were spot on from the first whistle.

Still was a nervous wreck for 98 minutes though. Don't know how I'll cope with the final

Ccfcisparks

In tears now, can't believe it.

That goes out to Boro fans, Sunderland fans, the media who wrote us off before tonight.

This club never ceases to shock me.

Completely jealous of the fans who got to see it live, although you deserve the tickets for being able to sit through that for 90 minutes. More nerves of steel than me.

Well done for singing the boys home.

Users who are viewing this thread