Match Thread Middlesbrough (3 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

A game we could/should have drawn. Not too unhappy with performance. But you can’t play Marty ‘turns like an oil tanker’ Godden up on his own. And shippers needs to put himself about on the pitch...pulls out of 50/50s. Walker needs to get fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No we deserved nothing. They had 18 shots to our 3.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looking a bit toothless - feel sorry as they dug in, and that first goal looked like a foul on our player too me - so should have been a free kick. The second goal was because we'd gone shit or bust and went bust. Free kick given for the first and we'd have got a just about deserved draw. Haven't got time to sulk (except for on here!!) Roll on December!!

djr8369

You’re getting punished for not spending 200% of your annual income when all around you are. We’ve been in this situation for years in this league welcome to our world.
I saw the other week that a couple of seasons ago the only team to not make a loss was Rotherham and they went down. This league is a joke financially.

larry_david

Gotta be honest I'm uttterrly illusioned. Shipley seemed to give up which is a disgrace. Our fitness levels are not good enough. We are carrying too many players.

Godden finishes but does fack all else. We sat back for the draw with the plan to nick one. It should have happened. Both their dogs were Sunday league stuff.

What is worse iis we spent 80 mins hoofing it long to a 5ft 8 striker with no pace, we then make two changes to get players up top to support and we start playing keep ball at the back.

Have we lost our identity here!?

Yorkshire SB

Frustrating performance, demonstrating the jump in quality. For me Giles and Allen out on Friday, Dabo and O’Hare in - give Walker 30 mins

David O'Day

16 million.
Roberts has played Champions League, McNair played for United and at the Euros for NI, but that's no excuse apparently. Honestly, some of our support are fucking embarrassing. Couple of good seasons and the sense of entitlement is off the scale.

There's folk calling Boro shite and a bottom 8 team

Cov fans can be clueless cunts

Chip Batch

Fucking embarrassing.

Robins needs to start looking past the obsession with Godden on his own.

Two up front against Brentford and from 76 minutes tonight didn’t help us.

Most other teams in this league have better players and are experienced playing at this level. We don’t have that so it’s going to be difficult every game.

David O'Day

We can’t just say “it’s ok to lose to these because they’re further up the league than us”.

If we continue like this then every team will be above us because we’re dead bottom.

Do we just accept a loss on Friday now because Reading are just better than us? No, we should be going for it because we’ve earned the right to be in this league and the only way we can stay in here is by winning football games and not thinking every team is a combo of 2012 Barca, 90s Milan and 70s Brazil.

No one is saying that, what people are saying is they are just outside the play offs and there are other teams we will be targeting more for points

The Philosopher

Middlesbrough weren’t that great.

We have they players to beat them.

Unfortunately, we put different players on the pitch today and played them in strange positions.

speedie87

The subs cost us.
Gone two up top again and conceded
Hyam and mcfadzean lack of pace is going to cost us all season
Marosi is a bit of 🤡

CanuckSkyBlue

I think the long and the short of it is that we're not a very good team at this level. Going to be a long hard season, you can tell the early confidence has just gone.
It’s probably because they know they’re not up to this level. Confidence carried us last year at times

Users who are viewing this thread