Match Thread Middlesbrough (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

Other than Hamer and Ostigard I don’t see what we what the plan was with our summer recruitment

spend the stupidly small budget we have for this league as wisely as we can.

For what its worth, id have thrown everything at o'hare and we have him. Hamer looks a great buy. Walker is the one i have question marks over

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins has to be looking at a different formation for next game this week. Don’t care if it doesn’t work on the day but keep playing like we are and we are cannon fodder for the rest of the league.

I just wanted us to put up a fight tonight. Couldn't manage that and there's only so many Ls and open goals we can cock up before it hits confidence just in time for the more winnable fixtures

Jamesimus

Think about it... He's fast as fuck... He's big and powerful... The question is solely on his attitude and his desire.. Isn't it really... He'd scare players more than Allen or o hare... Maybe for the wrong reasons but I don't think the club should give up on him just yet... As if we change system... He's going to be needed

He will need replacing after ten minutes. I would be amazed, but also extremely happy if he is ever the answer 😁

shmmeee

If you’re going to set up with full backs as we seemed to then you’ve got to go back four and add an attacking midfielder or striker. If you’re not setting up like that then you need to have a defensive base solid enough to allow them to get forward.

Have all the fucking strikers you want but we don’t bring the ball forward. No one who can carry the ball, no one who can hold it up there.

This league is definitely dominated by pace and power... Really and please don't laugh... 433 with kastaneer on the right doesn't seem a bad shout right now.... Or am I fucking losing my mind

Maroši
Østigård Rose McFadz McCallum
Sheaf Kelly Hamer
Kasta Walker Giles

Fuck it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Other than Hamer and Ostigard I don’t see what we what the plan was with our summer recruitment

We signed O'Hare too. Apparently there have been some restrictions with the budget this season, Can't remember why, but I'm sure someone will remember why.

David O'Day

"there are other teams we will be targeting more for points"
"Can you let me know who"
"stop making up things"

You're thick as fuck mate.

Oh pipe down you old pissed up weirdo

If anyone is thick as fuck it's clearly you and you 24/7 constant stream of inane bollocks.

Go on cry you c**t

fatso

I think it’s time to change this “play out from the back” approach, we simply aren’t good enough, and concede possession before we cross the half way line.
I think it’s time to go 2 up front, and give Godden some support. I’d swap Allen (who has become a passenger) for Walker and maybe swap Shipley for O’hare.

Evo1883

If you’re going to set up with full backs as we seemed to then you’ve got to go back four and add an attacking midfielder or striker. If you’re not setting up like that then you need to have a defensive base solid enough to allow them to get forward.

Have all the fucking strikers you want but we don’t bring the ball forward. No one who can carry the ball, no one who can

Maroši
Sheaf Kelly Hamer
Kasta Walker Giles

Fuck it.
I mean kasta is a winger... And we haven't played with wingers since the early stages of last season... Isn't that a big reason as to him being frozen out? Obviously his attitude towards the sport in general might not be what we want but I see no issue in trying him out as he's one of the only natural wingers at the club

Jamesimus

Have all the fucking strikers you want but we don’t bring the ball forward. No one who can carry the ball, no one who can hold it up there.

Maroši
Sheaf Kelly Hamer
Kasta Walker Giles

Fuck it.

I would love to see this line up against Reading. Mainly because I'm not going to watch it and I'm going to take someone's Mrs out off here instead now 😂

shmmeee

I mean kasta is a winger... And we haven't played with wingers since the early stages of last season... Isn't that a big reason as to him being frozen out? Obviously his attitude towards the sport in general might not be what we want but I see no issue in trying him out as he's one of the only natural wingers at the club

At this point in Championship Manager I’m throwing on the 16 year old regen in the hopes he’s the next Rooney.

Honestly try anything it’s better than bashing out head against the wall. At least Kasta looks like a Championship player.

ccfcway

I don’t know what defines an excellent Championship manager but he picks the team, formation, method etc

It’s not working and there’s less and less positives every week

so stick with or time to look elsewhere ?

We cant be saying "i want him to stay, but he needs to change tactics, players etc" as that's all managers at all clubs.

Comes down to do we have faith in him or not ?.

I do !. He's learning as well.

Liquid Gold

Oh pipe down you old pissed up weirdo

If anyone is thick as fuck it's clearly you and you 24/7 constant stream of inane bollocks.

Go on cry you c**t
SO I'm guessing you're not going to let me know who we're going to target for points?

Can I at least have the block and quote all the time?

Nick

Administrator
Hes fast, quite skillful and powerful... Surely if the club has any chance of gettig its moneys worth they need to pursue him as an option and force him up to speed

Think we need to get our first 11 up to speed first.

Bringing Dabo and Walker on, they were so far off the pace.

Brighton Sky Blue

The word you are looking for is "sorry"

No, I was right. Before we entered this sequence of games you said it would be good to get them out of the way in one go, you've since realised it's the opposite but don't hide from what you said in the first place

Evo1883

At this point in Championship Manager I’m throwing on the 16 year old regen in the hopes he’s the next Rooney.

Honestly try anything it’s better than bashing out head against the wall. At least Kasta looks like a Championship player.

We already know he's got a great delivery too... The club need ro work on him like yesterday... Might come in handy over the next few weeks when Robins decides ro try something new

David O'Day

Last week I was gutted because we only drew against a very good Swansea team, tonight folk are acting like we are the worst team ever.

To be fair Robins has always struggled against cunty shithouse team. Remember the Lincoln home game

You'll Never Beat McPake

Confidence gone, no leaders on the pitch, no pace up front, can't string more than a couple of passes together, scored 1 goal in 4 games.
The formation isn't working, we need to go 4-4-2 and start shooting on site. I fear for the young lads who are struggling against seasoned pros in this league.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hes fast, quite skillful and powerful... Surely if the club has any chance of gettig its moneys worth they need to pursue him as an option and force him up to speed

If the club haven’t got him up to speed after a year then it’s not going to happen.

The fact he’s even been on the bench this season when he was frozen out last season is quite frightening

Sky Blue Harry H

Tonight's pissed me off more than Saturday because there are still people clinging to delusions that it's just because we're against teams in the top half, or teams in good form. Wake up and smell the coffee fast, we're on for a humiliating season when we won't have had a better chance to stay in the division

To be fair, don't think there are many who can't see the issues that currently exist. We need our management to organise and motivate the players. Saturday I was annoyed with one individual. Tonight we didn't play well and didn't have an effective attacking thread, but one decision by the ref/lack of concentration at the back cost us. It is these middle of the road games that we ought to have a real go at, as 3 points versus a battling draw is huge. Anyway, won't be down to you or me. Still a long way to go!

David O'Day

No, I was right. Before we entered this sequence of games you said it would be good to get them out of the way in one go, you've since realised it's the opposite but don't hide from what you said in the first place

No you weren't, I said I'd made that post and accused me of lying. Let's not change the goal posts here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Last week I was gutted because we only drew against a very good Swansea team, tonight folk are acting like we are the worst team ever.

To be fair Robins has always struggled against cunty shithouse team. Remember the Lincoln home game

If we want to stay in this league we need to turn into a cunty shithouse team

stevefloyd

Tactics are costing us, we have very little pace, long balls are being knocked up to Godden and by the time thr ball arrives his marker is in front of him because he is too slow... so.... why dp we keep persisting in hoofing the ball forward because time after time it comes straight back...Shipley bottles 80 -20 challenges in his favour goes half hearted in closing down ...Sheaf is just toooo casual on the ball and slows play down, Allen is like a little boy playing against adults, Hamer needs a solid partner with him but the whole midfield were miles too deep tonight so Godden hadnt got a cat in hells chance of scoring and Walker still isnt showing anything whatsoever so far

Cavan O'Doherty

Sheaf anonymous? One of our only players to get on the ball much and tried to get us moving
He had a better second half but still think he’s a bit lightweight, obviously still has time to prove himself. On balance he probably didn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Shipley and Allen, who were awful. There’s no way Shipley should be anywhere near the 11 in the championship, he wasn’t even a regular starter in league one. It’s not for lack of effort, he just doesn’t have the ability. Overall we just seem to be so negative at the minute, there is no belief whatsoever. We’re hoping for a goal, rather than trying to create one.

Users who are viewing this thread