Mike Ashley Takeover …Ready and Waiting (3 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

Must say I'm in total shock hes still not brought us, everyone on here and twitter claims its a done deal.......
I don't think i have seen many posts saying it's a done deal at all. Most people are saying it isn't a giant leap given the derby move.

Last edited:

Rosco19

You have been warned about him.......he runs a football club like his shops "pile it high sell it cheap" with minimal costs, if he takes you over in 10 years time you'll be begging him to sell up

Its like selling your soul to the devil

Evo1883

You have been warned about him.......he runs a football club like his shops "pile it high sell it cheap" with minimal costs, if he takes you over in 10 years time you'll be begging him to sell up

My friend , welcome to the site .

We have been through more than any club of similar size or larger in the the last 15 years .. no club comes close ..

Mike ashley would struggle to be worse , good luck for the season

CDK

Rightly or wrongly the idea of having a stadium at Warwick Uni was the least crazy of the SISU plans.

We’ve talked about it on this forum: having the best of the student footballers, our players getting decent education for when they retire (some kind of course they could do outside of training), being able to get around the visa system and attract foreign players on a student card (yep - think about that angle) physio courses etc. I could go on and on.

I thought and still think it can be done in 8 years.

If the Uni was going to part fund then great.

However, at that time we were playing at StAn’s and being back in at the Ricoh / CBS looked dubious.

It’s all about money. Land for distribution has rocketed over the years. Just in time working practices, the cost of fuel / haulage meaning that location is everything. Just off the M6 bang in the centre of the U.K.?

I think it highly unlikely that the cost of building a stadium at Warwick Is Uni (£100m?) could be offset by the value of the CBS and Arena Land, but I must say this whole thing has been unpredictable.

If I were to learn that MA brought the land, the club, was moving to Warwick Uni and the CBS area was going to be a Fraser distribution and warehousing hub and the Council were chipping in £50m (they were giving the Wasps £30m?) to create 2000 jobs at Rowleys Green, well, it seems mad, but…..
The uni site will be interesting to here this mentioned when king gets approval as a fit and proper person.as the uni site didn't know if that was just hot air.

slowpoke

Interesting comments though from Rosco19. This ccfc takeover is still a wait and see for me, like a lot I assumed MA would takeover the football club once the ground issue was finalised, now I don’t know, is King a sisu guy, genuinely on his own or here on behalf of others who might not want Ashley to have the club.

Sick Boy

Interesting comments though from Rosco19. This ccfc takeover is still a wait and see for me, like a lot I assumed MA would takeover the football club once the ground issue was finalised, now I don’t know, is King a sisu guy, genuinely on his own or here on behalf of others who might not want Ashley to have the club.
What’s happened to your inside info and it’ll be a good Christmas stuff?

clint van damme

If its a devil that doesn't take us out of Cov twice then we're in a better position than with our current owners.

Sbarcher

Chop chop.

OyJimmy

Ashley still hasn’t said he’s not interested in buying Coventry. I wonder why or if any journalists have asked him the question. For legal reasons he’d struggle to buy Cov in the next 12 months if he ruled it out. So his silence is important

Gibbo

Your failing to understand the premise of what Grendel is saying. Forget Newcastle and other premier league teams for the time being. The scenario is this and its also an IF, There are very few clubs outside of the Premier league that could be bought for a relatively modest amount and taken to the next level. If you look at us we have a massive catchment area, great fan base, potentially a great stadium, above average team and manger, young squad and a brilliant academy. If you were looking to get a football team to do that then we look like a very good choice. The If in this is does MA want to do this?
I'd challenge the size of the fanbase thing. Newcastle is one of only three clubs in the whole North East, Leeds the only big club in West Yorkshire. But both have struggled in normal circumstances (i.e. no Saudi money) to get above EPL relegation fodder. We compete with at least 3 other clubs for fans outside the City. And have had bugger all for younger fans (who can now support any club they like) to cheer about. One cup win and a couple of promotions since 1967. I believe Derby get bigger crowds that City.

The Philosopher

Ashley to bid for Manure maybe. Use CBS for reserve matches 😉
I just think they’ll be a bit expensive.

Quick google (caveat here: I’ve been caught with that before and the sarky-twats on here got all giddy about it) says they are valued at $4 billion.

Their squad and ground aren’t worth that obviously- the rest is brand value. CCFC has brand value (some shirts will sell, cups and trinkets if you stick the badge on, plus league status - brand value if you like). So does Wasps. So does New York Cosmos (different story that).

I only mention that because when anyone suggests that CCFC was £60m on SISU books and it’s made up of squad value, property and brand value, you’ll get “duh 🤣you don’t have any idea, Cov ain’t worth that”.

Man United. $4bn. See how it works? What was Newcastle, 10% of that? What is Cov worth? 1.5%?

Anyway. Ashley is a billionaire but that level of risk doesn’t seem to fit his normal investment strategy.

Unless Man Utd totally collapses but then you’ve got outliers like Beckham who could front some kind of consortium

Ramble over.

shmmeee

It's all starting to come together now.

Need someone to provide suits for the players.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Users who are viewing this thread