Mike Ashley Takeover …Ready and Waiting (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly - sadly I think a fair few posters managed to convince themselves that CCFC was what MA was interested in above all else when it clearly isn’t the case.
Welcome to the Chunderdome

Legia Sky Blue

He might not be interested in CCFC, who really knows? If he wants his ownership of ACL to be successful however, then he will need to incorporate them into his plans regardless. The more successful CCFC are, the higher the profile that is then reflected on the venue, and the more likely it is to be a success for him. No one knows for sure of course, but logically he is likely to want have an element of control over CCFC (maybe through a stooge rather than directly) to effect that, rather than relying on a 3rd party he has no trust in.

On the face of it that ought to be good for the club in the long term as MA then has to have a vested interest in the club being successful. The problem of course, is right now and despite SISU, we are on the verge of that type of success anyhow, and we are in the relatively rare situation of there being a real bond between supporters/ players/ manager that I have not really seen the like of in my 50 years supporting the club. With just a little more support and investment the club could realistically challenge for promotion to the PL this season.

Unfortunately though if MA is looking to take control of CCFC either directly or indirectly by financially crippling our owners & getting it on the cheap, then while it might be a legitimate tactic in the business world, it has a much more damaging effect in regard to football and to those of us invested in it, and is likely to set the club backwards and having to start again from scratch. SISU themselves of course used the same tactic in moving us to Northampton, and it us fans that pay for such scheming. That bond between supporters, players & manager will also not be quickly won back once lost, so I just hope some kind of common sense and foresight prevails, whereby if MA does want control of the club, that he just gets on and makes an offer, and that SISU also play ball by not being unrealistic in their expectations. The pity is that the history of both parties suggests that is unlikely, and I am fearful of what January is likely to bring our way.

ceetee

So what if Sepalla decides she can't win, liquidates the club and sells of Ryton TG to cut her losses ?

Oh, and I'm a long way away from being a lad

wingy

So what if Sepalla decides she can't win, liquidates the club and sells of Ryton TG to cut her losses ?

All possibilities and a protracted game of takeover would aid that in terms of making it through to January.

ceetee

Win what?
Well, if all of you experts on here are correct and ..........

Sepalla is trying brinkmanship to get a better deal than the one offered by FG, but fails

she can't afford to own the club anymore, even more so if the cost of renting CBS goes up

The supposed deal to sell 85% falls through as a result of delays caused by the eviction

....... she's pretty well lost

fernandopartridge

She'd get a lot less from liquidating the club than she would from simply flogging players in the transfer window, why on earth would she do it? The club's assets are Ryton and a few players. The values of those assets would be significantly impaired in a liquidation.

shmmeee

Sepalla is trying brinkmanship to get a better deal than the one offered by FG, but fails

she can't afford to own the club anymore, even more so if the cost of renting CBS goes up

The supposed deal to sell 85% falls through as a result of delays caused by the eviction

Why would the deal fall through? How would the eviction (if it happens and everyone involved says it won’t) delay the sale?

She’s sold the club. She seemed to accept failure some time last summer. Even if Kings deal falls through there’s plenty of others who would bid aside from Storey.

I’m not concerned. Nothing that’s happened so far deserves this level of paranoia IMO.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Why would the deal fall through? How would the eviction (if it happens and everyone involved says it won’t) delay the sale?

She’s sold the club. She seemed to accept failure some time last summer. Even if Kings deal falls through there’s plenty of others who would bid aside from Storey.

I’m not concerned. Nothing that’s happened so far deserves this level of paranoia IMO.
Didn’t King say nothing had been signed last time he cropped up?

I mean I agree - I’m not concerned, it’s just frustrating

rexo87

She'd at least sell the players first and then liquidate in Feb lol

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Let’s prepare for a very happy Christmas

alexccfc99

If Seppala just liquidated the club she’d probably face legal action and more than likely would be barred from ever being a director of a company again

shmmeee

Didn’t King say nothing had been signed last time he cropped up?

I mean I agree - I’m not concerned, it’s just frustrating

Standard hedge fund type MO for me until proven otherwise: no communication, no confirmation of anything until it happens. We had how long before we even saw Joy let alone heard from her after she took over? And as there’s no Ranson type replacing Boddy (or at least not yet) there’s no public face really. The only media he’s done was basically being accosted outside court.

It might all fall apart. It might all be a ruse. But until we see something happen (confirmation of a pull out, transfer embargo not lifted by Jan, etc) I’m willing to wait and see.

chiefdave

Well for a start I think the people who are employed by the club would have something to say about their workplace just being liquidated out of the blue
they may do but that's happened to me in the past when the owner of the company decided he'd had enough. not sure there is anything to stop a company deciding to sell off all its assets from a legal pov

slowpoke

Standard hedge fund type MO for me until proven otherwise: no communication, no confirmation of anything until it happens. We had how long before we even saw Joy let alone heard from her after she took over? And as there’s no Ranson type replacing Boddy (or at least not yet) there’s no public face really. The only media he’s done was basically being accosted outside court.

It might all fall apart. It might all be a ruse. But until we see something happen (confirmation of a pull out, transfer embargo not lifted by Jan, etc) I’m willing to wait and see.
Thought the embargo was lifted and HMRC paid off ?

The Philosopher

Richard Keys doing a PR stunt for Ashley.

Just a question, does anyone know if Mark Hateley has any connection to MA - through Rangers or anything?

He popped up with Storey / Hoff so just wondering if there is a link somewhere?

OyJimmy

Seppalla and King can’t win this battle. They either sell the club to Ashley or spend a fortune on a new ground which could take years.

Ashley meanwhile doesn’t strike me as the type who’s really in this for real estate. He’s all about retail and running football clubs. I suspect he’s totally across what SISU are like and will haggle them down on price or just destroy them.

Sisu and King should just sue for peace and get what they can or get cracking on a new stadium. It’s the end game now

Nick

Administrator
Seppalla and King can’t win this battle. They either sell the club to Ashley or spend a fortune on a new ground which could take years.

Ashley meanwhile doesn’t strike me as the type who’s really in this for real estate. He’s all about retail and running football clubs. I suspect he’s totally across what SISU are like and will haggle them down on price or just destroy them.

Sisu and King should just sue for peace and get what they can or get cracking on a new stadium. It’s the end game now

This is the thing, people getting excited about him destroying sisu. He wouldn't be, he would be doing it to the club.

Sick Boy

So again the real end game from the start has been CCFC 🤣🤣

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

An
So again the real end game from the start has been CCFC 🤣🤣
it wouldn’t make sense - let’s say he’s in it for the Ricoh only.

if SISU/King go through with their pie in the sky stadium, Ashley is left with a loss making stadium with no sitting tenant. There isn’t. A year round market for open air concerts

same as if we’re evicted, go tits up and disappear.

it makes no sense whatsoever for them to buy the arena. Without a tenant there’s no major advertising for “sports direct”

Sick Boy

An

it wouldn’t make sense - let’s say he’s in it for the Ricoh only.

if SISU/King go through with their pie in the sky stadium, Ashley is left with a loss making stadium with no sitting tenant. There isn’t. A year round market for open air concerts

same as if we’re evicted, go tits up and disappear.

it makes no sense whatsoever for them to buy the arena. Without a tenant there’s no major advertising for “sports direct”
I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of him speaking with the franchise before to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread