Milan van Ewijk Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

lordy_87

You carry on masking over the massive issues on the pitch
Let's wait and see where we are in the new year. We are 7 games into the season for christ sake, and have practically a brand new team. How about we have a bit of patience?

Laughable there's people questioning robins future on here, moaning about Doug and god knows what else.

Even if we do say, come bottom half this season (which I don't believe we will), it's not the end of the world is it ? Everyone knows that this team is a project and most accepted this would be a transitional period for us.

Matt smith

Let's wait and see where we are in the new year. We are 7 games into the season for christ sake, and have practically a brand new team. How about we have a bit of patience?

Laughable there's people questioning robins future on here, moaning about Doug and god knows what else.

Even if we do say, come bottom half this season (which I don't believe we will), it's not the end of the world is it ? Everyone knows that this team is a project and most accepted this would be a transitional period for us.
Transitional yes I’d happily accept

this season doesn’t look like a transitional one, it looks like a dogfight

Matt smith

Think fans have every right to moan at the summer dealings and the start to the season

Bugsy

You carry on masking over the massive issues on the pitch

and if we win convincingly Monday night what would you be thinking then
....PUSB

Hertsccfc

A month ago some of us were pointing out we were weak in exactly these 2 positions whilst others were banging on about another LWB or ACM.
Chickens have come home to roost. Just saying.

"Robins must want another RWB. Unless someone else can cover there we only have one, Milan.
I know Sakamoto, Eccles can play there but I would hate to see Milan out for a while and then we lose Sakamoto as an impact sub or Eccles in his proper position. Then we would be forced to bring on Kelly for Sheaf or another midfielder.
Remember we have lost Norton-Cuffy, Dabo, Kane and loaned out Burroughs." Oakey 22nd August 2023
Sorry but I still don't agree. There are much more glaring holes in the squad and there are at least four options to cover MvE.

Eccles, which would be my preference as it allows us to use Ayari in his preferred position and solve the 'Kelly and Eccles are too defensive together' issue.

Dasilva, and bring in Bidwell at lwb. Bidwell is fine although Dasilva is rather left footed.

Latibeaudiere, he'd be fine at rwb but it would weaken the central defense,

Sakamoto. I think we bought him as wing back cover although recent comments suggest Robins is not convinced.

I am much more concerned about the lack of cover at no 10 (why didn't we sign a loan from the Premier League to cover O'Hare's injury?) and for Godden. How many goals will we score if he gets injured?

Hertsccfc

I'd be the last person to call for Robins head but the term long term project and transitional season words worry me. I've seen so many managers lose their job with this excuse.

Briles

Its interesting to see our expectations after last season. We over indulged in performances last season but it shows how short some of our fans memories are. This league is a lottery really, Preston riding high, Southampton struggling. If you believe that the league will stay as it is you really can't have followed it much. Yeah we get annoyed but no more than any other fan base. It will be fine, but don't expect promotion

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes it was. We waited until there was absolutely no other option, as it was clear he was unable to facilitate a bounce back.

A chairman quick to pull the trigger would have done so before the previous season had finished.
No, a chairman quick to pull the trigger wouldn't have let him take charge for the 11/12 season either or would at least have sacked him once it became clear we were in trouble.

napolimp

Sorry but I still don't agree. There are much more glaring holes in the squad and there are at least four options to cover MvE.

Eccles, which would be my preference as it allows us to use Ayari in his preferred position and solve the 'Kelly and Eccles are too defensive together' issue.

Dasilva, and bring in Bidwell at lwb. Bidwell is fine although Dasilva is rather left footed.

Sakamoto. I think we bought him as wing back cover although recent comments suggest Robins is not convinced.

I am much more concerned about the lack of cover at no 10 (why didn't we sign a loan from the Premier League to cover O'Hare's injury?) and for Godden. How many goals will we score if he gets injured?

Of course! Latibeaudiere is also a RWB isn't he. Good opportunity to try a back 3 of Thomas, Fadz, Kitching possibly?

CCFCSteve

I’d be tempted to go back four with Lati Rb and maybe Bidwell LB. Two of Thomas/Binks/Kitching at CB (not sure fadz can play in a four). Saka, eccles, Allen and Ayari in midfield with Godden and Simms up top

ps Sod’s Law with injuries, to have ohare, sheaf and MVE all injured at same time is unlucky

shmmeee

I’d be tempted to go back four with Lati Rb and maybe Bidwell LB. Two of Thomas/Binks/Kitching at CB (not sure fadz can play in a four). Saka, eccles, Allen and Ayari in midfield with Godden and Simms up top

ps Sod’s Law with injuries, to have ohare, sheaf and MVE all injured at same time is unlucky

If you’re playing Lats out wide you may as well put him at wingback. He’s played there enough and then we don’t have to fuck with the team shape. I’d still go to a back four to allow an extra man in midfield though. Lati, Eccles, I think Thomas can play there?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well, yes, there are options but all square pegs in round holes.

If I only had one fork and broke it, there plenty of ways i could transfer food from a plate into my mouth. My fingers, a knife, I could even get my gardening hand fork out and literally have a stab at it. None of them are anywhere near as good as having an actual fork though, and me not having a spare in case I lost or broke the one I had would look like a very stupid thing on my part. And I'd be looking to get hold of a replacement at the earliest opportunity to rectify my own stupidity.

Warwickhunt

what about Drinkwater who is available at the moment?

SBT

To have him back in two months rather than six is a huge relief, as well as a good lesson in why you don’t just rush out and sign whichever free agent RB you’ve heard of as soon as someone gets injured.

Brighton Sky Blue

To have him back in two months rather than six is a huge relief, as well as a good lesson in why you don’t just rush out and sign whichever free agent RB you’ve heard of as soon as someone gets injured.
We need an actual RB besides him anyway. Saka isn’t the answer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We'll still be playing a makeshift RWB until probably December at least, so only having the one and a lot of makeshift back-ups is hardly some sort of master strategy.

shmmeee

I can’t get over how even though he’s playing every game at wingback. People still won’t accept Sakamoto as a wingback 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread