Milan van Ewijk Appreciation Thread (3 Viewers)

Greggs

The ball should do the work, we used to pass in small triangles and then you don't need to rely on 'beating your man'. The thing is we're so predictable this season that all teams need to do is double up on our wing backs and we're fucked.

StrettoBoy

What a guy. Love him already. Long throws, fucking rapid, decent defensively, scores free kicks, name provides endless comedy commentary moments, looks like he fucking loves it here. What a breath of fresh air after the cavalcade of right backs we’ve had to put up with.

It would be nice to see him taking more free kicks and long throw-ins.

Long throw-ins may be a fairly blunt and unsophisticated weapon but over the years a number of teams have used them to their advantage. As things stand at the moment I'm happy to get a goal any way we can.

Grendel

If we had him and Jay Da Silva to our squad last year. We have had a shot at 2nd place.

That's how good our 2 wing backs are this year respectively. One on a free and Van Ewick worth every penny of £3.5M.

Mmmmm not too sure about this

Sky Blue Harry H

If we end up switching to 4 ATB I don’t see where he fits in.
This is the thing we have not been used to - having a squad. In 10 games time, heroes will become villains, and vice versa. Go back 10 games, and it was all Milan van E and Jay da Silva. Now it's Lati and Bidwell. Binks was great, then disappears. Thomas was the second coming, then a waste of space. There are more examples.

What I am glad about, when most are fit, is that we will have options, which is something we haven't had for a long time (in terms of some quality in depth).

Grendel

This is the thing we have not been used to - having a squad. In 10 games time, heroes will become villains, and vice versa. Go back 10 games, and it was all Milan van E and Jay da Silva. Now it's Lati and Bidwell. Binks was great, then disappears. Thomas was the second coming, then a waste of space. There are more examples.

What I am glad about, when most are fit, is that we will have options, which is something we haven't had for a long time (in terms of some quality in depth).

yes as our league position proves

great strength in depth

San Francisco

Until they become unfit or get injured again and we’re back to square one.

Cally Fedora

We’ve not been used to squad depth. And we’ve not been used to transfer fees either - so when we see £4m it looks huge, but these days it’s not a massive amount.

Sky Blue Harry H

yes as our league position proves

great strength in depth
In other posts, whether you agree or not, I have said that I believe it is the disruption to our midfield due to injuries that has caused our league position (and yes, our finishing hasn't helped).
Your dripping sarcasm is noted, but I do think we are building a solid base from which to improve - I fancy us to be strong next season (no doubt you will save this post to beat me with next year!!)

Last edited:

DrPoolittle

I don’t disagree that we will have options. I am yet to be convinced that we will have good options

Greggs

Options, but lots of average ones. Who is the bloke we signed from Japan, he seems another top class championship player....

Offhegoes

He's an egotistical little tosser by all accounts

Very big for his boots. Robins hasnt taken that lightly. Hence Saturday
Watching city Unseen for the Stoke game I am not seeing that. Laughing and joking with the players in training, and geeing them on before the 2nd half. He’s out of the team because he’s not been at the level since his injury.

itsabuzzard

The ball should do the work, we used to pass in small triangles and then you don't need to rely on 'beating your man'. The thing is we're so predictable this season that all teams need to do is double up on our wing backs and we're fucked.
Is that owl dead? If not, that bloke needs reporting to the RSPCA.

SBAndy

Watching city Unseen for the Stoke game I am not seeing that. Laughing and joking with the players in training, and geeing them on before the 2nd half. He’s out of the team because he’s not been at the level since his injury.

That’s the way I read it as well. Think he was rushed back a bit (whether that was his choice or MR’s choice I don’t know).

Users who are viewing this thread