Match Thread Millwall FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 25th Nov (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

SkyblueTexan

No, you're wrong, WE HAVE GELLED
I sincerely do hope you’re right. However, I still see many areas for improvement. Wright should have easily scored a coup of goals and cheaply gave away possession quite a few times. Think Simms should take his place. Bidwell was a rock and Eccles was great with the exception of his poor corners (I know one was converted, but they were still not that great). Brad Collins seems to be more assured than Wilson. Glad Fadz and JDS were left out. Happy for Saka and Sheaf.

clint van damme

I sincerely do hope you’re right. However, I still see many areas for improvement. Wright should have easily scored a coup of goals and cheaply gave away possession quite a few times. Think Simms should take his place. Bidwell was a rock and Eccles was great with the exception of his poor corners (I know one was converted, but they were still not that great). Brad Collins seems to be more assured than Wilson. Glad Fadz and JDS were left out. Happy for Saka and Sheaf.

Agree, wasn't bedwetting after the bad start, but not booking Wembley hotels after one good win either.

Jamesimus

I am kidding by the way. That was the first time we've looked convincing for a whole game this season.

BlueSkiesForever

We were so much better today, honestly a team reborn in my view. Everything about our play was beyond anything we’ve played this season. People might say it’s an overreaction but I saw a team connected and pressing together, trusting each other, knowing their roles and most importantly the formation feels like it suits our players way more than shitty 5 at the back.

People moaned at me and berated me almost every week for calling for 4 at the back about 2-3 months ago but I honestly cannot see how anyone has any argument for 5 at the back being the answer anymore. I’m so optimistic for us going forward now, I honestly think things are looking up.

clint van damme

We were so much better today, honestly a team reborn in my view. Everything about our play was beyond anything we’ve played this season. People might say it’s an overreaction but I saw a team connected and pressing together, trusting each other, knowing their roles and most importantly the formation feels like it suits our players way more than shitty 5 at the back.

People moaned at me and berated me almost every week for calling for 4 at the back about 2-3 months ago but I honestly cannot see how anyone has any argument for 5 at the back being the answer anymore. I’m so optimistic for us going forward now, I honestly think things are looking up.

You asked me not to respond to your posts and I've done you the courtesy of complying but I can't let this go unanswered
You were calling for 4 3 3 when we would have had to have played Kelly in the middle 3, it would have been a disaster.

We now have the mobility to do it.
I also said Fadz wouldn't work in a 4 and no way Robins would drop him, well I was wrong on that and fair play to Robins, takes balls to drop your captain but this is the way forward by the look of things.

shmmeee

You asked me not to respond to your posts and I've done you the courtesy of complying but I can't let this go unanswered
You were calling for 4 3 3 when we would have had to have played Kelly in the middle 3, it would have been a disaster.

I also said Fadz wouldn't work in a 4 and no way Robins would drop him, well I was wrong on that and fair play to Robins, takes balls to drop your captain but this is the way forward by the look of things.

Cope and seethe wingback boomer

Saddlebrains

Robins wouldnt have dropped him if the personal things in his life hadnt happened you can be sure of that

ms639

If you watched that game and think wright should be dropped you literally know absolutely nothing about football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Good to win 3-0 with still lots to improve no?

PVA

Solid away performance. Everyone was good, Eccles and Sheaf were outstanding. Kitching really good, his passes through the lines are great. Millwall fans absolutely rubbish.

SkyblueTexan

Although this was a vast improvement, I have to say that Millwall are a really poor team much like Bristol City who we lost to. I was still concerned with the ease with which Millwall turned defence into attack and bypassed our midfield. We could easily have scored 5 or more today had it not been for the wastefulness of Wright and other efforts that needed an extra pass (maybe I’m greedy).

Users who are viewing this thread