Millwall ratings (1 Viewer)

steve101

Collins 6 (some good saves first half but distribution was diabolical)
Van Ewijk 7
Latibeudiere 8 motm
Binks 7
Dasilva 6
Eccles 6
Torp 7.5
O'Hare 7
Sakamoto 6.5
Wright 8
Palmer 6

Simms 7
Thomas 7.5

Brighton Sky Blue

'A game of two halves' with a lot of players improving in the second.

Collins 6
MVE 6
Lati 7
Binks 6
JD 6
Eccles 6
Torp 8
COH 6
Saka 7
Palmer 6
Wright 8

Subs
Thomas 7
Simms 7

Referee 4

Otis

Don't think anyone lower than a 6.

Thought Torp looked very decent and O'Hare grew into the game and you can't knock Wright. Two goals and it should have been 3 for sure.

I didn't think we were that bad. Second half of the first 45 we started to take control and could easily have gone in at half time level.

Second half there was really only one team in it.

CCFCSteve

Phenomenal work rate and I thought he still did some decent stuff. Doesn't help that teams are singling him out for fouls every week now though.

Refs really need to start protecting him more. It’s a disgrace whats being dished out and it’s an injury waiting to happen. I suppose after the blind eyes being turned to date and the lack of response to the Allen injury, we probably can’t expect to see any change

Love his mentality though. No shrinking or hiding, just goes again

SBT

Collins 6 Distribution is awful at times, think his ceiling is lower than I’d hoped it would be

MVE 6 Badly exposed for their goal, bags of potential but off his game today
Latibeaudiere 7 Played with character in both roles, not afraid to take charge as captain either
Binks 6 Not sure he’s done enough in this spell to dislodge Kitching
Dasilva 7 Link-up play with O’Hare was excellent

Eccles 6 Not really suited to that deep-lying Sheaf role and needs a rest
Torp 7 He was way off it in the first 20 minutes but grew into the game well, he is a real talent
O’Hare 7 Millwall did a good job stifling him but he found a way

Sakamoto 7 Defended well today I thought
Wright 7 MOTM Scored twice, won a penalty AND a game of rock-paper-scissors #clinical
Palmer 6 Some of the least effective backheels I’ve ever seen

Thomas 7 His physicality was a calming force in the second half
Simms 7 Offered a focal point up front to create space for Haji; was also weirdly our best defender in the last 10!

mmttww

Don't think anyone lower than a 6.

Thought Torp looked very decent and O'Hare grew into the game and you can't knock Wright. Two goals and it should have been 3 for sure.

I didn't think we were that bad. Second half of the first 45 we started to take control and could easily have gone in at half time level.

Second half there was really only one team in it.

This is how I saw it. Started well going fwd, shaky at the back, conceded, looked shaken up for 10 mins, then sorted ourselves out.

Felt we'd wear them down if we kept playing how we had for the last 15 of the first half. Think the subs made that happen sooner.

ceetee

6 first half. 9 second half. 10 for the hair cut.
8 overall.
Looks wayyy better on the left, and should of gone home with the match ball, that first half miss was a shocker. Thankfully he redeemed himself in the second half.
If you're criticising the one that hit the post, I think it was deflected

mmttww

Collins - 6
Too casual with some distribution and didn't come for a couple of crosses that I though he should have.

MvE - 6
Not quite at it. More decisive with his crosses esp. first half. Both full backs need to hit crosses earlier.

Latibeaudiere - 6
Did his job. Never hid when in CM. Will always be limited there. Eccles less effective next to him.

Binks - 7
Looked solid. Good decision making. Balance between being progressive and keeping it simple.

Da Silva - 7
Looked great in possession. Got caught with one ball behind him first half. Glad we've got him around.

Eccles - 7
We could've wilted first half. He helped settle us down, and take back control of the game.

Torp - 7
Really calm on the ball, brave with it, too. Worried he might get caught in a bad area soon but he'll learn.

O'Hare - 7
A few times he tried to make things too complicated but he never stops. Without him, we don't win today

Sakamoto - 6
Not his best but have a feeling we'll be less than a 6, or drop a massive clanger. Needs a rest.

Wright - 8
Movement first half good. Balls to him were just off, or he missed a difficult first touch. On the left, mwah!

Palmer - 6
Like O'Hare, a couple of times he tried something that wasn't on when he should have been more direct.

Simms - 6
Made a difference. Workrate is there. Didn't get much to work with chance wise. Feel for him in that role.

Thomas - 8
Did exactly what he needed to do. We never looked threatened once he came on. Such a good signing.

Robins - 8
Felt like the right XI. Used the bench when we were in control but needed a lift. Job done. Next game.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVA

PVA

If you're criticising the one that hit the post, I think it was deflected

The one in the first few minutes? He scuffed it with his heel onto the post, then hit the defender and back on to the post. It was an awful miss really.

Think he dragged it for the second goal too, I think he was going for the far corner and got it all wrong, but absolutely not complaining 😂

Blind-Faith

4 first half , 8 second half, that gets him a 6.

agreed with everyone though, he is more useful/threatening from the left

Jarvo87

Strange one: all seemed to be well off it to start with and Millwall bossed the first 30. Winning second balls, had the better of the midfield and Wright didn’t test their CB’s, full backs exposed. MR got it sorted and we played much better 2nd 45.

Collins, 6 - not his most accomplished performance
MVE, 6 - improved 2nd half
Lati, 7 - good change today by MR and midfield battle suited him. Less assured at CB.
Binks, 6 - played better alongside BT. Like all, had a much more commanding 2nd half
JDS, 6 - difficult half but definitely played better in the 2nd with good link up play
Eccles, 6 - tough game for him today but battled on
Torp, 8 - not everything came off for him but overall I was impressed
Saka, 6 - quiet game with flashes of the sublime. Not afforded much protection by the ref
Palmer, 5 - like him but nothing he tried came off today. Some poor first touches and iffy flicks.
COH, 8 - thought he had another very good game today. Similar to Saka, not given much protection, not helped by his flying dive in the 1st half
Wright, 8 - change suited him and much better 2nd half because of it. won and took the pen well and neat finish for the 2nd.

Thomas, 7 - felt much more secure with him in
Simms, 7 - added some physicality and did well in my view. Strong in his defensive duties too

MR again got it right, ref made some strangeish decisions but overall tried to let the game flow and keep his cards in his pocket.

Astute

Millwall ratings? They were shite after the 1st 20 minutes.

slowpoke

Definitely a game of two halves, Millwall could probably should have gone in two up. Lot on here being fashionable and slagging De Silva and yes he can be exploited defensively through his lack of height but I thought today especially second half he was good especially his short passing and movement.
Robins got his substitutions bang on , weren’t sure at first but Torp & Joel L partnership changed out midfield.
Going to say it again Binks is a class act upright, never on his arse and his passing long or short exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread