Torp 7 quality
Eccles 6
Saka 7
Ohare 7
Palmer 6
Wright 7

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Collins - 6
Too casual with some distribution and didn't come for a couple of crosses that I though he should have.

MvE - 6
Not quite at it. More decisive with his crosses esp. first half. Both full backs need to hit crosses earlier.

Latibeaudiere - 6
Did his job. Never hid when in CM. Will always be limited there. Eccles less effective next to him.

Binks - 7
Looked solid. Good decision making. Balance between being progressive and keeping it simple.

Da Silva - 7
Looked great in possession. Got caught with one ball behind him first half. Glad we've got him around.

Eccles - 7
We could've wilted first half. He helped settle us down, and take back control of the game.

Torp - 7
Really calm on the ball, brave with it, too. Worried he might get caught in a bad area soon but he'll learn.

O'Hare - 7
A few times he tried to make things too complicated but he never stops. Without him, we don't win today

Sakamoto - 6
Not his best but have a feeling we'll be less than a 6, or drop a massive clanger. Needs a rest.

Wright - 8
Movement first half good. Balls to him were just off, or he missed a difficult first touch. On the left, mwah!

Palmer - 6
Like O'Hare, a couple of times he tried something that wasn't on when he should have been more direct.

Simms - 6
Made a difference. Workrate is there. Didn't get much to work with chance wise. Feel for him in that role.

Thomas - 8
Did exactly what he needed to do. We never looked threatened once he came on. Such a good signing.

Robins - 8
Felt like the right XI. Used the bench when we were in control but needed a lift. Job done. Next game.

Eccles didn’t play in midfield with Latibeaudiere, he went off for Thomas when Lats moved into arguably his better position (today at least)

Tomh111

Collins distribution was poor, but he kept us in the game first half - 7

Binks and Lati did well - 7

Milan knew he was at fault for their goal, I think he then played like that was on his mind - 5

Da Silva had 2 different games, I would happily have subbed him at halftime but thought he did well after the break - 4/7

Eccles was coming far too deep to get the ball (the whole defence was too deep before the break) - 6

Torp looks a prospect, a bit slow at times but that will change as he settles in - 7

Wright needs to play om the left - 8

Simms altered the game, he occupied their centre backs and allowed space for the other attackers.

O'hare and Saka both full of work and quality - 7/8

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Grendel

Yeah his 200 appearances in the last 6 years at League One and Two really show that. Oh wait.

You get very defensive over him - are you his boyfriend?

Grendel

Sometimes it's difficult to tell whether you are 70 years old or 7 years old.

Leaning towards the latter with that post.

I’m a fair bit younger than the bloke you are voting for to change the country at the next election Tarquin

I was once told by Knowle on GMK I was Richard Keoghs boyfriend

At least Da Silva is kind of cute

Lighten up sweetie

Grendel

Fuck man give it a rest.

How can you say anyone is a bad judge? You've called just about every player shite and couldn't even see Robins is a great manager and wanted him replaced by Jackett 😂😂😂

Oh dear ICU is back in town

zuni

3 mins into the game today and someone shouting sarcastically bring simms the goal machine on...ffs wont give the lad a chance even when he aint on the pitch.

Astute

Oh dear ICU is back in town
So what players haven't you called shite? It's all you ever do. Do you agree you were 100% wrong about Robins yet?

Of course not. You prefer to make stupid comments about anyone who shows you to be as clueless as you really are. You even need a boo boy after a win.

Astute

Without O’Hare we don’t win today. In the end his quality was the difference. Last season we were reliant on Vik and to a lesser extent Hamer to win us games like today’s. Where will we find a £10-£15m quality player for next season?
Without Wright we would have lost today?

The loss of Hamer and the loss of Gyokeres were each bigger than the expected loss of O'Hare. We now have goal threats all over the pitch. We have a midfielder who is rapid to join us at the end of the season and are still in the hunt for more.

robbiekeane

Without O’Hare we don’t win today. In the end his quality was the difference. Last season we were reliant on Vik and to a lesser extent Hamer to win us games like today’s. Where will we find a £10-£15m quality player for next season?
Funny old game isn’t it, I thought COH had a pretty poor game yesterday by his own high standards

Thought Dasilva was exposed pretty much all game.

Wright was a new player when on the left. Simms did well I thought when he came on. I think that central forward role is very unforgiving and a bit of a poison chalice in our system.

Tomh111

Exactly this.
Yup.

Last year, we set up to create opportunities for Gyokeres. This year, we are trying to create opportunities for 3 or 4 players.

Our CF has to occupy the centre backs and drag them deeper, to open up space in front of them for our creative players.

Then, the wide forwards are either 1v1 vs fullbacks or there is space inside for our central midfielders if their midfielder comes across to cover.

That doesn't excuse some of Simms lack of goals, but people expecting him to be Gyokeres aren't recognising that we aren't that team anymore.

I think the game changed yesterday when he came on and was more physical with them. He narrowed up their 3 centre backs, and we then had space wide to attack.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Without Wright we would have lost today?

The loss of Hamer and the loss of Gyokeres were each bigger than the expected loss of O'Hare. We now have goal threats all over the pitch. We have a midfielder who is rapid to join us at the end of the season and are still in the hunt for more.
Yep obsessing about strikers not scoring when we’ve scored 2 or more goals a game 8 out of 9 and not failed to score in 18
We’re a different team

Houdi

Collins great save in the 1st minute, but I wish he would catch more and punch less, a modern trait seemingly in today's game.
MVE not his best game but like most of the side improved during the game.
JDS as most have stated poor defensively in the first 25 minutes or so, but he always seems a threat going forwards, his lack of height is always a worry defensively though.
Lati again a height issue in being a central defender, but he added a bit more steel when he replaced Eccles in a holding role.
Binks had a solid game throughout, a player who seemingly gets very little mentions. To me he deserves to keep his place, plus he still should be relatively fresh, calm in possession and is a good passer of the ball.
Thomas height and strength made the defense much more effective, and of course he had a big hand in the winning goal.
Torp a very good player who looks a steal, great pass for the penalty, a real threat with free kicks and should be fairly fresh still.
Eccles not terrible but not particularly effective either.
Sakamoto not his best game but still had some moments of real quality, needs better protection from the refs unfortunately.
COH great run for the goal, better than most but not his best game by a long way.
Palmer has been excellent since 'the incident', but yesterday he was largely ineffective, a player who will delight and frustrate in equal measure.
Wright missed an absolute sitter early on, and looked like Bambi on ice in the 1st half, yet the 2nd half what a transformation, won the penalty, scored the winner, made a great chance for Torp, and you can't argue with the stats,11 goals and several assists, is a more than a decent return. I guess the problem is he doesn't look easy on the eye, he doesn't run like a thoroughbred, but he is getting the job done, which is all that really counts.

Users who are viewing this thread