MK Dons Away (3 Viewers)

Womble

Thanks for the clarity and particularly my error over the trophy and history.

No worries. A lot of crap has come out of the franchise club as they try and weirdly rewrite history, ignoring that many people like me went through it, they look with hindsight and make judgements. As long as they carry the name Dons, they will wear a badge of shame. They would have been wiser to have just themselves Milton Keynes FC, and had done with it from day 1.

I say go to this game, do what you did last year and cheer your team to 3 points and send the franchise down the division a bit more.

pusbccfc

I won't be paying for any pie, pint or programme.

Just like the AFCW fans did.

ohitsaidwalker king power

What happened to all those principled NOPM types who were also going to boycott MK as a show of strength against franchised football?

An interesting point Fernando

So those that don't agree with SISU taking the club to Northampton but still attend are ok to do so- it is their 'right'

And yet those that wish to support ccfc at MK compromise their position based on the franchise argument.

An interesting debate on whose hypocrisy wins?

skybluelee

I hope 6000 MK Dons fans buy tickets direct from SISU for the game at Sixfields later this season......

....fairs fair eh!

I hope so too as that game isn't scheduled until April which will mean that almost all Coventry fans will still be boycotting Shitfieds games, leaving 6,000 tickets going spare for away fans.

BucksIsOurs.

I won't be paying for any pie, pint or programme.

Just like the AFCW fans did.

Do you really believe that?

Our catering staff made thousands of pounds from AFC fans that day, that is a fact. If you actually bothered to search for real facts you will see plenty of pictures of AFC fans with programmes, pints and food.

The money they gave us helped clean up a bit of the damage caused by them smashing up some seats, the toilets and shitting on floors, nice club eh?

For the record, AFC Wimbledon brought 3,030 fans, not 2,000. There is another fact. So really any boycott is futile ;)

Steve.B50

I am not boycotting any away games regardless, also going to the game this Friday. The only boycott in my view is never going to a game inside Sixfields.
MK away was a great day out last year and I think we will beat them again this season. Its a very good stadium, the way the concourse is on same level so you can see game from bar and food outlets is a great idea.

M&B Stand

Womble/Bucks, whats the absolute maximum away fans would get? Have you opened the upper tier yet?

DannyP

you'll probably only get the same amount as last year, as the top tier is completed but isn't open to the public yet

Baginton

Do you really believe that?

Our catering staff made thousands of pounds from AFC fans that day, that is a fact. If you actually bothered to search for real facts you will see plenty of pictures of AFC fans with programmes, pints and food.

The money they gave us helped clean up a bit of the damage caused by them smashing up some seats, the toilets and shitting on floors, nice club eh?

For the record, AFC Wimbledon brought 3,030 fans, not 2,000. There is another fact. So really any boycott is futile ;)

They are a nicer club than one who resorts to stealing other clubs league shares and uproots them 60 miles.

FRANCHISE, NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET

BucksIsOurs.

Womble/Bucks, whats the absolute maximum away fans would get? Have you opened the upper tier yet?

Upper tier is open but won't be used. You will get 6,000+. Sheffield United brought the most to StadiumMK a couple of seasons back. 6,100 and there were still spare areas.

BucksIsOurs.

They are a nicer club than one who resorts to stealing other clubs league shares and uproots them 60 miles.

That doesn't even make any sense. WE as a club did not steal another clubs league place. A group of businessmen moved Wimbledon FC to Milton Keynes with the FA's permission. Completely different.

swisstony

Getting back to the subject!!
I have just ordered my Tkts.They are now into the last allocated block,the lady on the phone has said they will be asking for more.

M&B Stand

Could be the biggest away following for a league game since Wimbledon 96 ish when 8k went ndlovu scored.

lordsummerisle

That doesn't even make any sense. WE as a club did not steal another clubs league place. A group of businessmen moved Wimbledon FC to Milton Keynes with the FA's permission. Completely different.

YOU as a club don't really exist.

There is no Milton Keynes football club that has clawed it's way from Non-League to take it's rightful place in the Professional League.

If you were that bothered about football you'd have formed a club and done it the hard way like everybody else has had to do.

Roundabouts and Concrete Cows FC or something.

valiant15

Says the man who supports sisu moving Coventry out of the city and goes to sixfields to watch the shambles.

Fucking hypocrite.

Monners

There used ot be a Milton Keynes FC in the not so distant past. Mate of mine used to manage them (fairly low standard). He also played for Wolverton, which I don't think exists anymore. The ground was sold off for development. There was never much in the way of local enthusiasm to do much with these clubs, as most people don't originally come from the area (I am talking going back through generatoins an family ties).

ohitsaidwalker king power

Wouldn't disagree, but seems like there will be about 6000 hypocrites going to MK Dons too.

So those that refuse to go to Northampton based on their protests at the move but go to MK are hypocrites- but those that attend Sixfields even though they object to CCFC playing there are not hypocrites-as they are perfectly entitled to so do(and they are)- which is it please?

Joelly

Cant get my head round why Id be a hypocrite for going.... I dont go to sixfields so away games that are relatively close are my only chance to see us play

kg82

YOU as a club don't really exist.

There is no Milton Keynes football club that has clawed it's way from Non-League to take it's rightful place in the Professional League.

If you were that bothered about football you'd have formed a club and done it the hard way like everybody else has had to do.

Roundabouts and Concrete Cows FC or something.

Said with such spite. Can't see it being the fans fault. They now have a local team, dads taking their kids along to enjoy the football on a Saturday afternoon. Seems ridiculous to take it out on fans for me. Not only that, I couldn't give a shit about this moral compass crap for going to an away game, not that I am going anyway. If going to an away game is a way to judge someone's moral compass then the world has gone absolutely mental.

lordsummerisle

Said with such spite. Can't see it being the fans fault. They now have a local team, dads taking their kids along to enjoy the football on a Saturday afternoon. Seems ridiculous to take it out on fans for me. Not only that, I couldn't give a shit about this moral compass crap for going to an away game, not that I am going anyway. If going to an away game is a way to judge someone's moral compass then the world has gone absolutely mental.

If the fans desperately wanted a football team, they should maybe have stuck to one of their own.

The dads could have taken their kids along and watched a club grow organically and be proud of it, rather than stealing one from Merton just because they didn't have a team with a place in the League themselves.

Moral compass crap gets thrown around a lot more on here for poeple attending Sixfields, with accusations that they are supporting the franchising of football by doing so, but then proudly say how many they are going to take to a genuine franchise team in the league.

M&B Stand

Upper tier is open but won't be used. You will get 6,000+. Sheffield United brought the most to StadiumMK a couple of seasons back. 6,100 and there were still spare areas.

I'd expect us and wolves to take whatever we're given.

Does anyone actually travel from South London to MK games? Not having a pop, just interested.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Valiant covers them both, so you'd probably be better off discussing it with him.

Valiant seems to be prepared to take it as much as he dishes it.

Personally, I'd prefer everyone to drop all the insults.

I was merely wondering if those that get themselves in such a lather about the use of "scab" to "fellow supporters" had any issues with the use of "hypocrites" to "fellow supporters".

lordsummerisle

Valiant seems to be prepared to take it as much as he dishes it.

Personally, I'd prefer everyone to drop all the insults.

I was merely wondering if those that get themselves in such a lather about the use of "scab" to "fellow supporters" had any issues with the use of "hypocrites" to "fellow supporters".

Don't think that hypocrite is nearly as bad a term as scab to be honest, and football fans have always been prone to it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Don't think that hypocrite is nearly as bad a term as scab to be honest, and football fans have always been prone to it.

Guess it depends.

If you come from a family with a history of union membership, scab is a real insult.

If you're a radical free marketeer, you might see it as a compliment.

Just getting a bit fed up with some of the double standards - nothing new I know and nothing exclusive to this site, but every now and again it gets a tad tiresome.

kg82

If the fans desperately wanted a football team, they should maybe have stuck to one of their own.

The dads could have taken their kids along and watched a club grow organically and be proud of it, rather than stealing one from Merton just because they didn't have a team with a place in the League themselves.

Moral compass crap gets thrown around a lot more on here for poeple attending Sixfields, with accusations that they are supporting the franchising of football by doing so, but then proudly say how many they are going to take to a genuine franchise team in the league.

Sorry, did the fans that go actually petition to get the team there or something? Is their non-attendance going to make a difference that team now?! What happened to Wimbledon was disgraceful, but I don't see what the hell that has to do with fans of mk? And it's not as if the non-attendance of away fans is going to bring back the original Wimbledon. It's done, nothing anyone can do now.

It's the blinkered view of a football fan I'm afraid. Questionable moral compass, to me, means things that imply that person is a bad person. Going to a game of football does not make that person a bad person. It's a matter of perspective, lost on quite a few here.

Users who are viewing this thread