MOTM - ratings (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hard to pick out one player above the others. It was a top team performance with everyone fully committed and no lack of skill. Really impressive

If I had to give to anyone it would be Fadz. His leadership was key. His run and attempt at goal was him saying come on we are better than the last 25 minutes, and pulling the team up by its shoe straps.

Great team effort and level of performance

djr8369

Have to disagree, I feel you're being a bit harsh on him. His use of the ball was pretty good in the main. Just looking at the stats, he had 26 more touches than any of his team mates, played more passes than any of his team mates, 80% pass completion 2 key passes, 1 of 3 crosses were accurate. Alexander-Arnolds cross completion % is only 30.57%), so 1 of 3 is decent.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
A lot of those passes were very short and simple but whatever. He’s had a good few games at RB, solid and dependable playing out of position. I’m not knocking him.

stevefloyd

Motm for me was between Fadz and Vik, Vik because he got the goals for the team and Fadz because he has discovered the fountain of youth and turned in a monster performance, Panzo was great along with Doyle and Hamer absolutely ran his nuts off... when we scored I shouted out and probably woke the neighbours here in Thailand lol...fuck em what a great day to be a Sky Blues fan 💙

The Philosopher

Wilson 8

Great save to stop a certain goal, kept a cool head when he came to stop that run to his wide left and didn’t dive in. Good game management and discipline. Improving all the time.

Eccles 7

He’s still young but a great prospect. Got caught out a couple of times and panicked a couple of times when he really got forward. One instance where he was clear in box and faltered comes to mind. He’s young, he’s playing against top Champ players - he’s entitled to a couple of wayward moments. Overall - good, but room to keep learning.

Bidwell 8

Bidwell did well. A few months ago I thought “HTF has he played hundreds of games at this level - he’s bang average.”
Today he was assured. Ran the line well. Tackled and marked well, did his job, stopped his opponent.

Doyle 7

Clean sheet as part of a team. Kid did well and showed a few beautiful plays to get out of trouble. Experience will improve him and he’ll go far. Big test in a few weeks with no Fadz to hold his hand.

Panzo 8

That was a great display. A skilled defender that can use the ball in such a way as to make space away from danger. That’s a talent. Good hit and hope, got some dip on the ball and I’ve seen those bounce and hit keepers and go anywhere.

Fadz 9

A goal away from a 10. Imperious at the back. Went down injured when QPR were building up momentum at a vital stage in the game - not suggesting it was wise game management at all. There might be as good CBS in this league but they won’t be climbing 40 like Fadz. He might have a couple of seasons in him - those who have their early 20’s non-league tend to play longer as he alluded to himself.

Hamer 8

Why pass that way on the break?
No matter, his tackling and passing and movement was absolute quality. Great performance but I’ve got to admit, that sliding tackle in the box at the very very end had me looking away. He gets that wrong and it’s a pen, a red and whatever ban. Brilliant madman.

Sheaf 8

Better again. Had the confidence to have a shot from the edge of the box - charged down but no matter - could have gone anywhere, see Gus on Tuesday for details. Good interception tackles to get ball off opponent toes (not sure if these are stat-counted as tackles if the resultant ball gets picked up by an opponent, hence why stats shouldn’t be treated as gospel).

Allen 7

That airkick in front of the goal before Vik scored was Allen in a nutshell. Great running and positioning but goes to pieces when it counts. (Yes two goals earlier season but both of them when defender was tackling through). Having said that, he presses opponents well and has good body positioning when shadowing and marking back. Tidy play, good positioning but needs to work on calmness in front of goal.

O’Hare 8

Not back to his best and nearly only a 7. Great kind-of assist for first and brilliant for second. Needs a break to fully recover and go again.

Vik 10

Enough said.

Subs 0

Mark, what’s going on here?

You’re 2-0 up against a team of players who have got 5 fresh / worked up players and 5 tired ones. A tired tackle or frustrated tackle on Cal or Vik could have caused an unnecessary injury. Plus we’ve got tired players like Cal who have just got back from injury and it’s times like that that pulls and sprains happen.

You’ve got Doyle on a yellow so another yellow means no him and no Fadz next game.

Plus, subs run the clock down.

Why oh why no subs. It seems a madness?

Is it to not pay appearance fees or win bonuses? Trying to prove a point to TF/ Joy?

Got away with no extra yellows or injuries but to me was fuzzy logic.

rexo87

Wilson 8

Great save to stop a certain goal, kept a cool head when he came to stop that run to his wide left and didn’t dive in. Good game management and discipline. Improving all the time.

Eccles 7

He’s still young but a great prospect. Got caught out a couple of times and panicked a couple of times when he really got forward. One instance where he was clear in box and faltered comes to mind. He’s young, he’s playing against top Champ players - he’s entitled to a couple of wayward moments. Overall - good, but room to keep learning.

Bidwell 8

Bidwell did well. A few months ago I thought “HTF has he played hundreds of games at this level - he’s bang average.”
Today he was assured. Ran the line well. Tackled and marked well, did his job, stopped his opponent.

Doyle 7

Clean sheet as part of a team. Kid did well and showed a few beautiful plays to get out of trouble. Experience will improve him and he’ll go far. Big test in a few weeks with no Fadz to hold his hand.

Panzo 8

That was a great display. A skilled defender that can use the ball in such a way as to make space away from danger. That’s a talent. Good hit and hope, got some dip on the ball and I’ve seen those bounce and hit keepers and go anywhere.

Fadz 9

A goal away from a 10. Imperious at the back. Went down injured when QPR were building up momentum at a vital stage in the game - not suggesting it was wise game management at all. There might be as good CBS in this league but they won’t be climbing 40 like Fadz. He might have a couple of seasons in him - those who have their early 20’s non-league tend to play longer as he alluded to himself.

Hamer 8

No matter, his tackling and passing and movement was absolute quality. Great performance but I’ve got to admit, that sliding tackle in the box at the very very end had me looking away. He gets that wrong and it’s a pen, a red and whatever ban. Brilliant madman.

Sheaf 8

Better again. Had the confidence to have a shot from the edge of the box - charged down but no matter - could have gone anywhere, see Gus on Tuesday for details. Good interception tackles to get ball off opponent toes (not sure if these are stat-counted as tackles if the resultant ball gets picked up by an opponent, hence why stats shouldn’t be treated as gospel).

Allen 7

That airkick in front of the goal before Vik scored was Allen in a nutshell. Great running and positioning but goes to pieces when it counts. (Yes two goals earlier season but both of them when defender was tackling through). Having said that, he presses opponents well and has good body positioning when shadowing and marking back. Tidy play, good positioning but needs to work on calmness in front of goal.

O’Hare 8

Not back to his best and nearly only a 7. Great kind-of assist for first and brilliant for second. Needs a break to fully recover and go again.

Vik 10

Enough said.

Subs 0

You’re 2-0 up against a team of players who have got 5 fresh / worked up players and 5 tired ones. A tired tackle or frustrated tackle on Cal or Vik could have caused an unnecessary injury. Plus we’ve got tired players like Cal who have just got back from injury and it’s times like that that pulls and sprains happen.

You’ve got Doyle on a yellow so another yellow means no him and no Fadz next game.

Is it to not pay appearance fees or win bonuses? Trying to prove a point to TF/ Joy?

No subs was because of how well everyone was performing. It's not like we were 5-0 up. A slight slip in performance and they could've got 1 back and then momentum shifts. He was absolutely right not to make a sub

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hutch11

We had weathered their 'storm' , more a light breeze and were comfortable , no need to change for changes sake

Hertsccfc

No subs was because of how well everyone was performing. It's not like we were 5-0 up. A slight slip in performance and they could've got 1 back and then momentum shifts. He was absolutely right not to make a sub

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Unless anyone was injured or fatigued, and there was no evidence of that, would have been crazy to make changes.

shmmeee

A lot of those passes were very short and simple but whatever. He’s had a good few games at RB, solid and dependable playing out of position. I’m not knocking him.

Disagree, he has much better range than the likes of Allen and plays some good forward balls from RWB.

Londonccfcfan

Wilson 8

Eccles 7

Bidwell 8

Doyle 7

Panzo 8

Fadz 9

Hamer 8

Sheaf 8

Allen 7

O’Hare 8

Vik 10

Enough said.

Subs 0

Brilliant mate.

Hamer is a brilliant madman.

Users who are viewing this thread