Mowbray and the Acadamy (2 Viewers)

Grendel

There is a lot of talk about saving the academy but I wonder if Mowbray values it.

I suspect he and Venus have little faith in what it is producing and believe they are better at identified young players from other clubs and developing them.

I would say they probably think the money can best be deployed in youth recruitment. This probably is why we are looking at recruiting so much youth.

Its just a view but I suspect they think the whole thing is a vanity project and a waste of money and part of their long term plan is to show it's just not needed.

ccfchoi87

Good point, Mowbray keeps showing he much prefers the kids from premier league teams than our own eg) DKE, Haynes, Stevenson and Thomas

ccfclinney

You serious .. The money the accademy has made over the last few years .. Bigi, Wilson, madders, sambou .. plus producing Willis Stevenson Harries

bawtryneal

I would suggest that is total bollox. The sale of Maddison and Wilson have funded the whole recruitment campaign the last 2 years.

Grendel

And the Mowbray / Venus smear campaign begins.

No - I don't necessarily see the value of it either.

I suspect very few league one clubs have one of this size and I suspect they are not exactly envious - many teams still have young players play for them without such an expensive solution.

steve82

Bit of a crazy thread... Because we're loaning in premier league youth players and picking them ahead of our own in a few games he don't rate it or value it?? Crazy.
If Harries is dropped for the next game we should close the academy immediately!!
Why were on the subject let's petition for arsenal to do the same as they produced RCC!

Grendel

I would suggest that is total bollox. The sale of Maddison and Wilson have funded the whole recruitment campaign the last 2 years.

The Maddison money will not be used on a single signing - the Wilson money covered some losses that season and the subsequent season.

Grendel

Bit of a crazy thread... Because we're loaning in premier league youth players and picking them ahead of our own in a few games he don't rate it or value it?? Crazy.
If Harries is dropped for the next game we should close the academy immediately!!
Why were on the subject let's petition for arsenal to do the same as they produced RCC!

Arsenal are a premier league club.

skybluetony176

The Maddison money will not be used on a single signing - the Wilson money covered some losses that season and the subsequent season.

Ah. I see. You're saying that they don't value it because SISU won't reinvested any profit from it back into the playing squad. Got ya.

Kingokings204

Fair enough if it's your opinion Grendel but the academy is wanted and why not? It's brings in massive income as shown and it has been a big song and dance about keeping it for a reason.

We came back there pretty sharpish when we left last time.

oucho

If TM didn't value the academy, why would we be picking so many academy graduates at the moment e.g. DKE x 2, Harries, Finch, Stevenson etc....I know it's a case of needs must, but if TM is happy for the academy to close, where does he think we'd pick up the equivalent batch of youngsters to make up the numbers?

Grendel

Fair enough if it's your opinion Grendel but the academy is wanted and why not? It's brings in massive income as shown and it has been a big song and dance about keeping it for a reason.

We came back there pretty sharpish when we left last time.

I'm saying from the managers perspective. It's a long term development operation but if recruits such as jones and turnball work then they could easily bring a similar return.

Grendel

If TM didn't value the academy, why would we be picking so many academy graduates at the moment e.g. DKE x 2, Harries, Finch, Stevenson etc....I know it's a case of needs must, but if TM is happy for the academy to close, where does he think we'd pick up the equivalent batch of youngsters to make up the numbers?

Clubs do have young players they don't have the same category as us I would suggest.

Grendel

Most premier league clubs if not all are cat 1 were car 2 I believe, but that reflects our status and level too.

I suspect very few league one clubs have Cat 2 status operation.

Hobo

Harries, DKE, Stephenson, Lawton, Haynes and Thomas all figuring and yes he is targeting youth from other clubs.....because that is how you build long term for the future.

Grendel you talk absolute shit. Where is your evidence Mowbray and Venus do not value our academy?

Grendel

Harries, DKE, Stephenson, Lawton, Haynes and Thomas all figuring and yes he is targeting youth from other clubs.....because that is how you build long term for the future.

Grendel you talk absolute shit. Where is your evidence Mowbray and Venus do not value our academy?

Emotional.

Grendel

Thought so, no evidence to offer. Please don't get emotional ;)

I said there is no evidence. Also I don't see it as negative if it were.

I'm of the view it may not be wholly required.

Hobo

I'm saying from the managers perspective. It's a long term development operation but if recruits such as jones and turnball work then they could easily bring a similar return.

Both sit side by side I would suggest. Where would we be without the cash injection from Bigi, Christie, Wilson and Maddison. Plus we still have a crop who could prove useful at League 1 and Championship level. You have to source the next crop whether that is from within or from outside the club.

Grendel

I'm sure you are but what are you basing your suspicion that "Mowbray and Venus have little faith in what it is producing and believe they are better at identified young players from other clubs and developing them" on?

Well - he's signed 2 players on long deals that I suspect will be identified to sell for profit at some point.

Given a choice he seems to prefer youth players from other clubs than the present players that have come through as well.

Seems a lot of emotion about the academy but in reality it may not be required in the structure it currently is.

skybluetony176

I said there is no evidence. Also I don't see it as negative if it were.

Plus. If there I no evidence your suspicions are based on nothing by your own admission.

Grendull in making things up shocker.

skybluetony176

Well - he's signed 2 players on long deals that I suspect will be identified to sell for profit at some point.

Given a choice he seems to prefer youth players from other clubs than the present players that have come through as well.

Seems a lot of emotion about the academy but in reality it may not be required in the structure it currently is.

Manager signs two players on long deal shocker, what is the football world coming too.

Is that it? It that really what you're basing this on? Isn't that just a manager doing his job? Identifying prospects and signing them?

Grendel

Plus. If there I no evidence your suspicions are based on nothing by your own admission.

Grendull in making things up shocker.

I said "it is just a view" so it's not making anything up - I think it's less a priority to a management team focused on short term goals.

It's not a dig at the manager. He's doing his own digging at the moment

Grendel

Manager signs two players on long deal shocker, what is the football world coming too.

Is that it? It that really what you're basing this on? Isn't that just a manager doing his job? Identifying prospects and signing them?

They are the first long contracts since when?

singers_pore

So you think the academy should be closed down and yet your posting history is full of bile aimed at Higgs/CCC/wasps because you allege that they have been trying to close down the academy. Are you a schizophrenic? Keep taking the meds.

Captain Dart

So you think the academy should be closed down and yet your posting history is full of bile aimed at Higgs/CCC/wasps because you allege that they have been trying to close down the academy. Are you a schizophrenic? Keep taking the meds.

Just following the briefing his BFF Timmy gave him.

Users who are viewing this thread