Mowbray and the Acadamy (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Being self sufficient might be a bit painful to start off, but it would be a good base for a new owner. Then with good marketing and PR they can then start to actually grow things a bit.

dongonzalos

Being self sufficient might be a bit painful to start off, but it would be a good base for a new owner. Then with good marketing and PR they can then start to actually grow things a bit.

For me it's not the be all end all its made out to be.
Otherwise we would be only one of a handful in the country to NOT be self sufficient.
It suits the owners because they cannot afford or are not willing to run the club the majority of other owners do.
Unfortunately football doesn't run like any other business in the World.
I don't agree with the riddiculous way, we were going before.
However if we become totally self sufficient. In my opinion we become a Yeovil.
Mid to low table 3rd division side.
Who once in a blue moon will get promotion followed by a swift relegation.
However our fan base sees us as a mid to top half championship side that should always have a sniff at the play offs.
Hence every manager we get will get sacked every two years whilst we push to become self sufficient.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
However our fan base sees us as a mid to top half championship side that should always have a sniff at the play offs.

And that is the issue isn't it? The club doesn't have the actual income to bank roll that.

How would a fans group run the club if we were fan owned? I doubt they could or would pump millions in.

dongonzalos

And that is the issue isn't it? The club doesn't have the actual income to bank roll that.

How would a fans group run the club if we were fan owned? I doubt they could or would pump millions in.

Nope a fans group would need to run it the same as it is run now.
The only difference with a fans group you would know that the decisions made are always in the best interests of the club's long term interests.
You would never need to worry that a seperate agenda was taking priority

Moff

I suppose do a Swansea. Save the club, look for investment, and then promotions, and then eventually sell to the Chinese.

The only fly in the ointment is that they had a supportive Council, and had access to a stadium they could get full revenues from on the football side. If the club were fan owned we may have a friendlier council (but to be honest I have never seen such a self interested self serving bunch of pricks so it may be doubtful) and are Wasps ever going to give us the revenues we want from the Ricoh?

dongonzalos

I suppose do a Swansea. Save the club, look for investment, and then promotions, and then eventually sell to the Chinese.

The only fly in the ointment is that they had a supportive Council, and had access to a stadium they could get full revenues from on the football side. If the club were fan owned we may have a friendlier council (but to be honest I have never seen such a self interested self serving bunch of pricks so it may be doubtful) and are Wasps ever going to give us the revenues we want from the Ricoh?

I would hope that new owners or a fan based club would regain the support of the council.

Moff

I would hope that new owners or a fan based club would regain the support of the council.

Maybe but that doesn't change the 249 year lease problem on the Ricoh, and Wasps are as hard nosed as SISU, so I don't see them offering us revenue on a plate.

Perhaps Portsmouth will become our biggest rivals as we plod along for the next 50 years in the lower leagues with them, there because we were screwed by a succession of owner's.

dongonzalos

Maybe but that doesn't change the 249 year lease problem on the Ricoh, and Wasps are as hard nosed as SISU, so I don't see them offering us revenue on a plate.

Perhaps Portsmouth will become our biggest rivals as we plod along for the next 50 years in the lower leagues with them, there because we were screwed by a succession of owner's.

No Wasps are going nowhere fast. However been able to work with them could be quite significant for the future of this club.
It definitely wouldn't do us any harm.
It seems for a variety of reasons both the council and possibly Wasps don't really want anything to do with our current owners if they can avoid doing so.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
In year to 31/05/2015 CCFC made losses of 3.3m. So how do we compare in L1

A brief (simplistic) look at the other clubs currently in the same division revealed for the 2015 accounts filed

Clubs with greater losses
Bolton (probably but no accounts filed)
Millwall £10m
Charlton £4.4m

Clubs making profits
Bradford £660K
Gillingham £188K
Chesterfield £85k
Oldham £292K
Walsall £26k
AFC Wimbledon £245k
Rochdale £1.4m

Other losses
Fleetwood £2.5m
Scunthorpe £3.18m
Peterborough £1.9m
port vale £1.3m
Bury £2.9m
Northampton £1.25m
Swindon £91k
MK Dons £616k
oxford united £2.4m
shrewsbury £480k
Sheffield united £2.6m
Southend £1.8m
Bristol Rovers £704k

Some unlikely successes but it indicates generally what a mess Football is in financially at the lower levels. Profits can be made, but to be self sufficient the hardest thing to manage is fans expectations. For 2015, at least, CCFC annual results are not anything to shout home about compared to other teams in the same division. Are any of them cash self sufficient - not all file the cash flows so its hard to know but Chesterfield and Wimbledon were

Self sufficiency is easier to say than practice, in profit terms we were a way off compared to most of our competitors and most of those were still loss making

Last edited:

skyblue1991

No Wasps are going nowhere fast. However been able to work with them could be quite significant for the future of this club.
It definitely wouldn't do us any harm.
It seems for a variety of reasons both the council and possibly Wasps don't really want anything to do with our current owners if they can avoid doing so.
It's obvious CCC and Wasps do not want to work with SISU and want to hurt them whenever they can.

However they are blinded by hate; by hurting SISU they hurt the club. Thw problem is some fans (in particular those that comment on the Cov Tel) don't see that.

What should've happened was for ACL to lease the Ricoh to CCFC and offer to sell to the club once SISU have identified new owners. Unfortunately ACL cut their nose of to spite their face.

Anyway, we are where we are but SISU are also going nowhere fast. They could've and should've been gone by now.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

skyblueinBaku

However they are blinded by hate; by hurting SISU they hurt the club. Thw problem is some fans (in particular those that comment on the Cov Tel) don't see that.
That's because a lot of the Muppets on the CT site can't see that Sisu and CCFC are not the same entity.

stevefloyd

As a wider subject is The Elite Player Performance Plan helping the English national side, is it producing kids who can go on and play in the EPL. Or is it weighted in such favour of the "big clubs" that they are able to hoover up all the talent and then ultimately a lot fall by the wayside.
This is so damn true ...just imagine little Johnny who is a good footballer waiting for his chance at a 'big' club topping the scoring charts but not getting a look in with the 1st team because they have Jonny Foreigner playing who perhaps isn't quite as good but the club have spent £20 million on him so by default he gets to play at the expense of our own little Johnny who gets a bit deflated and disillusioned with it all ...so little Johnny thinks fuck it I will go and work in an office or something because my hearts not in it anymore and falls out of love with football... Also I really don't see a massive difference in some of the youngsters coming here on loan to our very own youngsters ...Look when we had that idiot Brown from Manure ...fuck me how the hell did he get to play for them if it wasn't for his brother?...The Games too corrupt no wonder our national team is garbage these days

Grendel

There is no real thing as self sufficiency and it's virtually non achievable.

Especially non achievable is a balanced managed cash flow and competitiveness in a world where seasonality in terms of revenues has such extremes.

The fact is the club is in a very poor place compared to most. It's got no chance if any real revenue for several months.

It's never going to be truly sustainable.

Grendel

Not much evidence to support that notion is there?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
That's because a lot of the Muppets on the CT site can't see that Sisu and CCFC are not the same entity.

No they are not the same entity but they have common control/owners

There is a lot of careful word play that goes on when it suits. But the strategic decisions it seems to me are not made in Coventry

Look at the details of the ARVO charges, the powers/rights ARVO has and who signs for ARVO for example. Ask why there is a SISU employee on the SBS&L board of directors. Ask who it is that TF reports to. Consider that Sconset might own most of the shares in SBS&L but who controls Sconset. etc etc as always in this saga the superficial is not necessarily the reality.

Not sure the other parties have to actively seek out ways to damage to be honest. All they have to say now is No. Certain egos at the CCC might be acting out of spite but I doubt Wasps are - they are single minded, calculated, and don't give a damn about CCFC. They also seem at the moment to deliver on what they say they will (leaving aside views on them coming here)

Not sure how any of the parties think they can damage SISU there is no direct route to do so.

Yes there is damage being done to CCFC but the root of that isn't just CCC. We have to get past this notion that we (CCFC) are owed something by right, that people should bend over backwards to help. Because of what has gone on they wont and we are very much on our own and will remain so until either SISU take a different approach or better still leave. Got to get on and make the best of what is left to us, rely on no one.

Hobo

No they are not the same entity but they have common control/owners

There is a lot of careful word play that goes on when it suits. But the strategic decisions it seems to me are not made in Coventry

Look at the details of the ARVO charges, the powers/rights ARVO has and who signs for ARVO for example. Ask why there is a SISU employee on the SBS&L board of directors. Ask who it is that TF reports to. Consider that Sconset might own most of the shares in SBS&L but who controls Sconset. etc etc as always in this saga the superficial is not necessarily the reality.

Not sure the other parties have to actively seek out ways to damage to be honest. All they have to say now is No. Certain egos at the CCC might be acting out of spite but I doubt Wasps are - they are single minded, calculated, and don't give a damn about CCFC. They also seem at the moment to deliver on what they say they will (leaving aside views on them coming here)

Not sure how any of the parties think they can damage SISU there is no direct route to do so.

Yes there is damage being done to CCFC but the root of that isn't just CCC. We have to get past this notion that we (CCFC) are owed something by right, that people should bend over backwards to help. Because of what has gone on they wont and we are very much on our own and will remain so until either SISU take a different approach or better still leave. Got to get on and make the best of what is left to us, rely on no one.

Someone talking a bit of sense on here for a change.

Nick

Administrator

It would be great to have no third parties interfering at all, no council, no wasps, no higgs, no csf. How is that possible though?

Captain Dart

It would be great to have no third parties interfering at all, no council, no wasps, no higgs, no csf. How is that possible though?

You're looking in the wrong direction, the controlling influence is Joy Sepalla and her investors. That is what OSB pointed out wasn't it.

Captain Dart

I meant even with new owners.

Not happening for a few years yet, SISU are on a mission to extract value which they're doing by cutting costs, even if that risks relegation.
I don't believe there will be a sale until the club becomes profitable (or at least break even) and the court cases have been pursued to the utmost.

Skyblueweeman

And what will the council do for us? As far as I'm concerned, the council have nailed their colours to the mast and we'll forever be the 2nd team in the city (if not lower when Wasps Netball gets into full swing...).

The only thing the council can do for as with new owners is allocate some land for a new stadium with little objections to it progressing but if they did that, I'm sure SISU would come back with some sort of 'why couldn't they have done it for us?' type of legal action.

skybluetony176

There's only one way that's possible. Either they cut their ties with the club or the club cuts it's ties with them. Something that seems to be slowly happening for whatever reason and whatever purpose. Here's the worrying aspect. When that does happen the club will be truly fucked. The club can't stand up on. SISU won't support it. So the truth is that the club probably depends more on the third parties than we do the current owners and that's likely to continue until we have owners with A) a vision B) ambition and C) the ability to deliver.

Nick

Administrator
There's only one way that's possible. Either they cut their ties with the club or the club cuts it's ties with them. Something that seems to be slowly happening for whatever reason and whatever purpose. Here's the worrying aspect. When that does happen the club will be truly fucked. The club can't stand up on. SISU won't support it. So the truth is that the club probably depends more on the third parties more than we do the current owners and that's likely to continue until we have owners with A) a vision B) ambition and C) the ability to deliver.

D) Stupid amounts of money they are willing to give to the club and not expect it back to be able to build everything from scratch.

Hobo

D) Stupid amounts of money they are willing to give to the club and not expect it back to be able to build everything from scratch.

Which makes their hardball (?) stance in negotiations with CCC, Higgs, Wasps...seem either very dumb or just pig headed.

Users who are viewing this thread