Mowbray Interview (1 Viewer)

armybike

"I hope this is lowest we get, and hope it is WE, need to discuss with owners this week." - Tony Mowbray

It's in your hands now SISU!

skybluepm2

Seems to be stating 'they need to do this' 'would've been a long way for coventry to get back from league 2' :( not a good start from what I'm hearing. The question about his question will come any second...

Nick

Administrator
Club needs to stabilise
build from low point
infrastructure
resources going into infrastructure off the pitch (scouts)
penalty miss would have taken pressure off
over 90 minutes got the result required
big decision to bring tudgay on and not nouble
nouble provides a threat

Nick

Administrator
Maddison shines like a beacon
should be playing a lot higher
At the moment he is a bench player
Needs to be managed

SkyBlue_Bear83

He hopes he will be here next season, important the club realises what needs to be in place. Some things in the club behind the scenes are very good and other things it amazes him that they are not already in place.

Nick

Administrator
Hope he is here
enjoyed his time here
good to be good on training ground
important the club realises what needs doing
interesting to come into the club

skybluepm2

'I hope so.. I think so' putting the onus on those useless tossers and I don't blame him. At least he has a pair of bollocks unlike that nodding highland terrier.

skybluepm2

If he doesn't say it'll give us all a clear indication that SISU do not give a flying fuck about our future.

ccfc92

He will go to London and say the club needs this and that, but won't bully SISU into it.....

ccfc92

It does sound like the balls in SISU's court, TM will say what he needs to get promoted, and it'll be simply yes or no, if it's a no, we will be looking for another manager....

When does TM's contract finish officially?

Evo1883

well done tony ..how he managed to produce basically playoff form from this team in the last 10 games is an achievement in itself (8th in last 10 form table)..hope he stays

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Copied from match thread where I posted as didn't realise Nick wanted to start a new thread ;)

Mowbray post match -

(Missed opening question)

Club needs to stabilise and move on from this low point

Infrastructure needs improvement and on pitch

Penalty would have taken a little pressure off the side

Pen miss over with quickly as Ht fell at right time

Made slight adjustment

Always difficult

Frank out for Tudgay difficult call

Went alright

Maddison shines like a beacon when on the field

Hopefully he wants to progress

Need careful management knowing when to start youngsters etc

He's still young and learning his trade

Still things he needs to develop

I hope to be here next season. Really enjoyed it. Good to be back on training ground

Important the club needs to realise what needs to be done behind the scene

Need to add something but keep up with the good things already here

club deserves to be and needs to be higher

Get out this league ASAP

Debrief with player tomorrow, visit to London will follow to see owners

Wants assurance and if gets them will be happy to take it on.

st john

Looking at it from a positive perspective, this is probably Sisu's last chance to make a success of this venture. A proven manager in place, provide a reasonable budget, and maybe they can end up with something worth something.

Calista

Absolutely. We already lost Robins because he couldn't get the assurances he wanted.

Don't let that happen with Mowbray Joy! It's in your hands. He's given you his cards, now give him what he wants.

My thoughts entirely. Robins was on the cusp of really doing something, he asked for assurances and the next day cleared his desk. In the last 8 years there have been several times when we had the opportunity to take off – and so far the owners haven’t recognised a single one of them. Please let this time be different.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My thoughts entirely. Robins was on the cusp of really doing something, he asked for assurances and the next day cleared his desk. In the last 8 years there have been several times when we had the opportunity to take off – and so far the owners haven’t recognised a single one of them. Please let this time be different.

Yes, people will still complain even if SISU did up their game and back the manager on and off the field, mainly because they haven't got what they demanded - SISU leaving - but I do think if we can get a manager in with Mowbrays calibre, his vision etc, they will get their just rewards, and maybe, just maybe people will start to see them in a different light.

Mowbray has laid out his cards, now it's time for Joy and co to back him

ccfc92

Yes, people will still complain even if SISU did up their game and back the manager on and off the field, mainly because they haven't got what they demanded - SISU leaving - but I do think if we can get a manager in with Mowbrays calibre, his vision etc, they will get their just rewards, and maybe, just maybe people will start to see them in a different light.

Mowbray has laid out his cards, now it's time for Joy and co to back him

Some people will still complain, yes.

Personally, I hate SISU and would love to see them leave.

HOWEVER, if they showed investment and backing towards the team and TM, then I'd be delighted with that. To some degree, I don't care what goes on off the pitch, but at least give the team on the pitch a fighting chance, that's all I, and I assume many others, ask for.

Paxman II

Too much chatter about SISU and the Ricoh, off field events etc when what we see is more straight forward regardless of the off field antics of the owners.

They appointed an interim manager of pure quality at this level. Browny points for that. TM completed his task and kept the club up as we were in free fall under Pressley. Job done.

Now SISU must reflect on what it will take to keep TM here and give him enough investment to get the next job done i.e promotion from league one. Tm wants to stay and take it on. I think we are mighty lucky to have him here. SISU must realise it's their best chance in years of achieving some success on the pitch and thus bring in more money through the turnstiles.

TO LET THAT SLIP FROM THEIR GRASP FOR THE SAKE OF A SMALL AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT OVER AND ABOVE WHAT THEY MAY HAVE HAD IN MIND WOULD BE CRIMINAL.

I bet most fans are confident of at least the playoffs if TM stays and that is precisely why SISU must act in the interest of the fans, the club as a whole and to put it mildly themselves. Anything else would be bewildering and suicidal.

KG7

Not sure he is pure quality. I'd like him to stay but there are questions as to whether he's the man to move us forward.
- Shocking home record
- shocking record against teams in and around us
- lack of performance in a couple of really huge games (granted we turned up today)
- no width
- pushing full backs who can't cross into positions where they need to
- playing a big man up front and not playing to his strengths
- worrying lack of pace at the top end

i think he deserves a shot and has done many good things but the above list worries me and we should greet his (hopefully) impending appointment with positivity rather than euphoria.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not sure he is pure quality. I'd like him to stay but there are questions as to whether he's the man to move us forward.
- Shocking home record
- shocking record against teams in and around us
- lack of performance in a couple of really huge games (granted we turned up today)
- no width
- pushing full backs who can't cross into positions where they need to
- playing a big man up front and not playing to his strengths
- worrying lack of pace at the top end

i think he deserves a shot and has done many good things but the above list worries me and we should greet his (hopefully) impending appointment with positivity rather than euphoria.
It hasn't been scintillating football, but he's definitely improved the team from the dross Pressley was giving us whilst only making one signing. I think he will sign good players so once he gets the players to suit his style I'm hopeful he will have us up in the play offs given the chance.

rightumpty

If he doesn't say it'll give us all a clear indication that SISU do not give a flying fuck about our future.
Which they don't.
Here is a man who knows football inside out and is prepared to tell these people exactly where they are going wrong, but we all know that they are not going to do anything about it, so maybe Tony will write a list of exactly what it takes to right this shambles and if he needs another bog roll I am prepared to send him one.

Users who are viewing this thread