Munich another shooting (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

I don't think many are saying don't let ANY AT ALL in are they?

Just have stricter criteria and checks to filter out people who aren't actually in need. Stricter conditions for them being here (if they commit a crime, they get sent home for example)

God Nick, next you'll have a shaved head, and doing the goose step ;)

This is sarcasm btw :)

Like you say, some are going overboard and saying, we are saying we don't want to help anyone.

martcov

That the third biggest party in Britain has only one MP is a quirk of Britain's first past the post electoral system as you well know.

Yes, but why didn't they vote in a direct vote for Farage 7 times? First past the post may not be democratic, but it has kept a lot of bad people out over the years. ( not that I am a great fan of it, but it has kept stability ).

Monners

If we open the doors to unlimited migrants/refugees there will be problems like France/Belgium/Germany. Guaranteed.
So where does the answer lie? All, none or some?

We had plenty of issues with home grown terrorism in the past, 7/7 for example.
\and a closed door policy would not have stopped the IRA I suspect.

I don't know the answer, but closing the doors, or being as restrictive as possible, so problem solved, is too simplistic. I do feel the UK has some responsibility though in view of historic and more recent history

Nick

Administrator
So where does the answer lie? All, none or some?

We had plenty of issues with home grown terrorism in the past, 7/7 for example.
\and a closed door policy would not have stopped the IRA I suspect.

I don't know the answer, but closing the doors, or being as restrictive as possible, so problem solved, is too simplistic. I do feel the UK has some responsibility though in view of historic and more recent history

I'd say "some" rather than all or none.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, but why didn't they vote in a direct vote for Farage 7 times? First past the post may not be democratic, but it has kept a lot of bad people out over the years. ( not that I am a great fan of it, but it has kept stability ).

Maybe a lot of people who think like that don't vote at all?

martcov

Yes, you could, but I won't be reading it ( I don't need to - the Express has an agenda and you know what is there before you even open the paper ) and people being afraid is not surprising when certain media talk about a row of 'terror' attacks - carefully not using the word 'terrorist' as they would get pulled on that. The independent has it's own bias, but at least it has some carefully thought out articles some of the time and not just 100% lies and half truths.

For the record, I am not in the slightest bit worried about a terrorist attack happening here ( except maybe during a Christmas Market as there may be a religious angle ). The events I am at do have extra security plans though - just in case. There may be pickpockets or arse grabbers ( I can't see them grabbing my arse though ;-) ). I will probably lose some business - on my event business - because of the Ansbach bomb, but I just don't see it kicking off here.

Years ago we had the Bavarian Bierkeller in Hertford Street. That closed not long after the Birmingham pub bombings because no one wanted to go into a cellar bar after hearing what happened in the Tavern in the Town in Brum.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No it isn't actually. Two were Islamist attacks, but in no way coordinated ( one may be a hanger on in addition to his existing death wish ). The others were personal and not even new refugees ( Ernie's Merkel refugees ). Two attacks as against right wing crime which is on the increase. Burning homes, some occupied is potentially far more dangerous than the occasional mad man.

The main coordinated attacks are not aimed at Germany. We did have the French game called off because of a terror threat - but that was because of France. Hollande has said he will destroy ISIS, whereas Merkel has offered shelter to all refugees including a majority of Muslims. I don't think we are the preferred target. If some nut posts a video and has a hand painted flag, then ok, ISIS says wtf we'll call him a soldier - costs nothing and causes a bit of panic.

On a personal note, I have been beaten up by right wingers after the fall of the wall, but never had any violence aimed at me by refugees.

Why are 'right wingers' making stance that they don't feel all refugees are welcome? No one was consulted, and the country if it carries on this way (Germany) will be in turmoil. Whilst I don't agree that burning down refugee shelters is in any way acceptable, or that not trying to help is ok, it is not surprising people are taking the law into their own hands when 'swarms of migrants' have shown up on their doorsteps.

I have been attacked by your average White British and not refugees (the same as you), but that doesn't mean that is the general quota across the board, in the same way that you can't say all refugees are bad. However, since the door was opened to absolutely everyone and anyone you have to realise that there has been more trouble everywhere. The last weeks attacks really do speak for themselves, look:

On 18 July, a teenage Afghan refugee hacked at passengers on a train in Wuerzburg with an axe and knife, wounding five. He was shot dead by police.

On 22 July, a German teenager of Iranian heritage shot dead nine people in Munich before shooting himself dead.

On 24 July, a 21-year-old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and wounded five other people as he fled before being arrested.

Later that day, a 27-year-old Syrian whose refugee application had been refused blew himself up outside a bar in Ansbach. Fifteen people were wounded.

Also, in regards to Islamic terrorism, if you think Germany is not a preferred target you are very very mistaken to be honest.

martcov

Whilst I get what the article is saying, it is an opinion piece, no factual evidence. I'm sure the murdering, ruthless ISIS leaders will think of Germany as an ally and leave it alone as they took in those fleeing Isis.

We will see I guess.

Up until now there has been nothing like what has happened in Belgium and France. We do have Arabs in some cities that came from the Lebanon, but they are more interested ( some of them ) in clan style organised criminality than religious wars. Other than that, our existing Muslim population are mainly Turkish - not Arabs as in France or Belgium. We will get some aggro between Erdogan fans, Erdogan haters and Kurds. Mostly an internal dispute, but with some collateral damage for the Germmans. I don't think ISIS see us in Germany as an ally, more like their priority is to hurt the people bombing their territory in the hope of forcing Hollande to ease off a bit. Or where the Arabs live in poor ghettoes in France and Belgium and there are more potential Arab recruits.

We will see as you say.

martcov

Why are 'right wingers' making stance that they don't feel all refugees are welcome? No one was consulted, and the country if it carries on this way (Germany) will be in turmoil. Whilst I don't agree that burning down refugee shelters is in any way acceptable, or that not trying to help is ok, it is not surprising people are taking the law into their own hands when 'swarms of migrants' have shown up on their doorsteps.

I have been attacked by your average White British and not refugees (the same as you), but that doesn't mean that is the general quota across the board, in the same way that you can't say all refugees are bad. However, since the door was opened to absolutely everyone and anyone you have to realise that there has been more trouble everywhere. The last weeks attacks really do speak for themselves, look:

On 18 July, a teenage Afghan refugee hacked at passengers on a train in Wuerzburg with an axe and knife, wounding five. He was shot dead by police.

On 22 July, a German teenager of Iranian heritage shot dead nine people in Munich before shooting himself dead.

On 24 July, a 21-year-old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and wounded five other people as he fled before being arrested.

Later that day, a 27-year-old Syrian whose refugee application had been refused blew himself up outside a bar in Ansbach. Fifteen people were wounded.

Also, in regards to Islamic terrorism, if you think Germany is not a preferred target you are very very mistaken to be honest.

Not one of those attacks was planned by known Islamics. Two were not even terrorists. The first had a hand painted flag and no professional equipment, the second terrorist had a death wish - had he been successful with his previous suicide attempts, ISIS wouldn't even have noticed that he ever existed. As you say he was pissed off about having to leave Germany as well. Had he been allowed to stay, he may never have had anything to do with ISIS ( as far as we know - investigation still ongoing ).

So, up until now there hasn't been a professional attack. Just chancers. That is a fact and shows that we are not a priority.

We had a million refugees last year. These attacks are really minor ( except for the victims of course ) and show no onslaught by refugees in general.

Captain Dart

Colin1883

Reading through...

2 points..

1, You would think that most murderers were mentally "unstable" ..

2, some people would try to defend the devil...

dutchman

Yes, but why didn't they vote in a direct vote for Farage 7 times?

Because the other parties put all their efforts into defeating him in that one seat, often at the expense of their candidates in other areas.

Also during the last general election it has been proved that the Tories broke the election rules in the constituency which Farage contested.

Let's not forget that he went on to win the only vote which mattered to him, the referendum.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, you could, but I won't be reading it ( I don't need to - the Express has an agenda and you know what is there before you even open the paper ) and people being afraid is not surprising when certain media talk about a row of 'terror' attacks - carefully not using the word 'terrorist' as they would get pulled on that. The independent has it's own bias, but at least it has some carefully thought out articles some of the time and not just 100% lies and half truths.

For the record, I am not in the slightest bit worried about a terrorist attack happening here ( except maybe during a Christmas Market as there may be a religious angle ). The events I am at do have extra security plans though - just in case. There may be pickpockets or arse grabbers ( I can't see them grabbing my arse though ;-) ). I will probably lose some business - on my event business - because of the Ansbach bomb, but I just don't see it kicking off here.

Years ago we had the Bavarian Bierkeller in Hertford Street. That closed not long after the Birmingham pub bombings because no one wanted to go into a cellar bar after hearing what happened in the Tavern in the Town in Brum.

So what you are saying is, you will believe and push 1 newspapers article because you agree with it but refuse to read another because you don't?

Doesn't really make much sense.

Nick

Administrator
More likely that a lot of people think he is a tosser. Just his fans cannot see that though.

Just like the people who won't let a bad word be said about Merkel? I can't see anybody on here defending Farage that much.

Nick

Administrator
Also, I notice you brush off the sexual assaults as Arse Grabbers?

Of course, pissed up people in nightclubs pinching a womans arse or shouting "oi darling" is one thing. Having a gang of blokes circle and try to rip clothes off and grope is slightly different.

Monners

Also, I notice you brush off the sexual assaults as Arse Grabbers?

Of course, pissed up people in nightclubs pinching a womans arse or shouting "oi darling" is one thing. Having a gang of blokes circle and try to rip clothes off and grope is slightly different.
His point is, these people are not Isis terrorists or refugees.

martcov

So you are happy that there is an 'acceptable' level of bombings & suicide attacks, it can be taken as
a normal part of German culture?

No. Where did I say that? I said that we are not top priority and that we have been 'Lucky' up until now. The crime statistics for Syrian refugees show they are no worse than Germans when we are talking about crime.
A normal part of German culture is fulfilling their duties whilst keeping out of dubious wars.

Nick

Administrator
His point is, these people are not Isis terrorists or refugees.

No, but it is a bit of an example of that it is just brushed off "ah they are an arse pincher".

Aren't they refugees or people posing as refugees? If they aren't actual refugees, it backs the point up doesn't it?

Monners

No, but it is a bit of an example of that it is just brushed off "ah they are an arse pincher".

Aren't they refugees or people posing as refugees? If they aren't actual refugees, it backs the point up doesn't it?
No it doesn't

Nick

Administrator
Mart cov explained who they were in an earlier post - time to get the tea on I think!

Yes, they aren't actual refugees but they got in pretending to be them. Which backs up the point about not just letting anybody in willy nilly doesn't it....

martcov

My point is that they were mainly Nadris who took advantage of the situation. You ever Seen a crowd moving e.g. to get into a stadium when they hear kick off and they are still outside? I've Seen it a couple of times - the Police and stewards Open the gates and everyone piles in - tickets or not and no searches... That is a football match and not fleeing a war zone.. The border guards had no chance and the Nafris took advantage. They are more of a Problem than the refugees. We were Talking about terror attacks and in this case 'arse grabbers' are relatively harmless in comparison.

Nick

Administrator
My point is that they were mainly Nadris who took advantage of the situation. You ever Seen a crowd moving e.g. to get into a stadium when they hear kick off and they are still outside? I've Seen it a couple of times - the Police and stewards Open the gates and everyone piles in - tickets or not and no searches... That is a football match and not fleeing a war zone.. The border guards had no chance and the Nafris took advantage. They are more of a Problem than the refugees. We were Talking about terror attacks and in this case 'arse grabbers' are relatively harmless in comparison.

Yes, so they took advantage of a poor immigration policy to get there? The solution is, don't open the gates for everybody to pile in which is what people are saying.

Monners

Yes, they aren't actual refugees but they got in pretending to be them. Which backs up the point about not just letting anybody in willy nilly doesn't it....
"Hello, Hi it's Nick here. Is that HSS Tool Hire? Great - You couldn't give me a price on your Hair Splitters could you?"

Nick

Administrator
"Hello, Hi it's Nick here. Is that HSS Tool Hire? Great - You couldn't give me a price on your Hair Splitters could you?"

It's hardly splitting hairs is it when most of the debate is about an immigration policy allowing the gates to open and let everybody in. :banghead:

Captain Dart

A normal day in Germany..

Explosion Near Migration Office In Germany

15:53, UK, Wednesday 27 July 2016

An explosion has been reported near a reception centre for migrants in Zirndorf, Germany.

A suitcase believed to have been filled with aerosols exploded outside the centre, according to local media.

The BR24 news website reported witnesses as saying several Arab-looking men ran away from the scene after the blast.

Users who are viewing this thread