Negativty! (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

This is the one thing I despise about Coventry fans! Sooooo negative! Feck me we've played 1 league game against pre season favs who have spent a fortune and tbf we pushed them to the final whistle!! They're reaction at the end shew how hard they had worked for their win!! And stats back up the fact that we matched them in every area of the pitch!! I'm sorry but in my eyes, we will be fine this year!! There are definitely worse teams in this league than us!! I went to watch forest v county with my mate last nite (we take it in turns to watch each others teams) and forest were very poor, if we play how we did against Leicester we could easily pick up points v them! And they're apparently a decent standard champ side?! Cmon seriously 1 game in and were 'fearing the worst'???!!! Bugger me guys only another 135 points to play for! We play a decent style of football (finally) and I guarentee we will beat teams comfortably. Rant over!! Pusb!!!

smileycov

Facebook User
I will have a pint of what your on!! :claping hands:

I aggree, to be fair. Just a bit worrying that our "full strength side" still struggled. GOALS, GOALS, GOALS is what is missing.

Skybluescotland

Were fooked. The squad is fooked and the Sisu are to blame as THEY came to CCFC and told us all that they would fund the club in return for ALL the shares.

Sisu have no idea what so ever in how a football club works .

We are down unless GH can get control in double quick time.

Nick

Administrator
This is the one thing I despise about Coventry fans! Sooooo negative! Feck me we've played 1 league game against pre season favs who have spent a fortune and tbf we pushed them to the final whistle!! They're reaction at the end shew how hard they had worked for their win!! And stats back up the fact that we matched them in every area of the pitch!! I'm sorry but in my eyes, we will be fine this year!! There are definitely worse teams in this league than us!! I went to watch forest v county with my mate last nite (we take it in turns to watch each others teams) and forest were very poor, if we play how we did against Leicester we could easily pick up points v them! And they're apparently a decent standard champ side?! Cmon seriously 1 game in and were 'fearing the worst'???!!! Bugger me guys only another 135 points to play for! We play a decent style of football (finally) and I guarentee we will beat teams comfortably. Rant over!! Pusb!!!

We have played 2 games. We lost last night to Bury ;)

sky_blue_up_north

I really felt for Juxbox no support what so ever, how much longer can he be expected to do that. Sheff was dire again, he missed sitter, that I think could have changed the game. Let get the facts right here, Bury could have won the game by more that 3, Murphy made at least 3 cracking saves. SISU invest or you'll be trying to flog a league one team

BobbyDazzler

I admire your optimism but anybody who knows anything about football and this division will tell you that we will struggle. Yes, on Saturday we played quite well in containing a Leicester team who had 7 new players on the pitch so understandably were a bit below par. With a few more injuries and suspensions we will really, really struggle. That's not being pessimistic, that's being realistic.

tisza

"And stats back up the fact that we matched them in every area of the pitch!!"

answered your own point there - we just matched a league one side. So that gives an indication of where we are at.

Perryccfc

Believe me I know the Ins an outs o this league and I know football very well. It's not a question of knowing football. Yes sisu are bad for our club, and yes we do have a thin squad. But there are worse teams in this league! I'm very realistic about everything and I'm telling you we will be fine. And by stats proving we matched them I meant Leicester not bury. Forget last nite, meant nothing. Glad we lost. Nothing cup with crap revenue! Ippy lost at home to Northampton, do u think they will struggle?? Last nite meant nothing! To quote Coleman ' league is our bread and butter'. just wish people would try stay positive for the good of the club. Fuck sisu and their pathetic ways of running us. Support our team!

lesturd

Believe me I know the Ins an outs o this league and I know football very well. It's not a question of knowing football. Yes sisu are bad for our club, and yes we do have a thin squad. But there are worse teams in this league! I'm very realistic about everything and I'm telling you we will be fine. And by stats proving we matched them I meant Leicester not bury. Forget last nite, meant nothing. Glad we lost. Nothing cup with crap revenue! Ippy lost at home to Northampton, do u think they will struggle?? Last nite meant nothing! To quote Coleman ' league is our bread and butter'. just wish people would try stay positive for the good of the club. Fuck sisu and their pathetic ways of running us. Support our team!

Tell that to the fans that travelled up there last night

skybluesteve76

Get a grip mate! We are doomed from top to bottom! I suggest you stick to watching forest ( what's that all about)??

Perryccfc

Get a grip? U tell me to get a grip for trying to be positive about my club and then you write "were doomed"?? Don't be a prick all your life!! I live 3hours away from cov and my mate is a forest fan so instead of travelling to games separately we take it in turns going to watch each others club! That ok? Your probably one who bitches about the fact we have a lack of fans turning up to the ricoh then tell the ones that do to go support someone else? What a job!!!

The Reverend Skyblue

3 hours away from Cov in the direction of Nottingham,not great on geography Perry, but it could be you were about 1/2 hour away from Manchester with a suburb called Bury.
Anyway you know football very well and this league inside out,so any comments from any of us mere mortals you'll ignore anyway.
Talk about blowing your own trumpet.

The Rev

Perryccfc

Erm, no rev I live 3 hours away from cov in the direction of Norwich. And I did have a look to see how long extra bury was away and if I recall correctly it was about 90mins away from notts. Not saying I'm a football expert atall but someone made a comment about if I knew anything about football...which I do!! And not once have I said I know this league inside out. So, before entering a discussion, just ensure your aware of YOUR geography and the previous conversations, just to avoid me having to write crap like this. Ta x

Robccfc87

Of course the fans are negative, we are in a very sorry state of affairs. The way we played last night confirms our fears: this squad won't compete this year. The reason we are mostly negative is due to the fact we care so much about the club that it's very difficult to take in this terrible predicament we are in.

Perryccfc

Look, I understand people feeling negative with the way the club is. But to say were doomed and were deffo going down is utter bullocks after 1 game! Pathetic!! I'm down about what's happening at our club but I'm not worried about delegation after 1 game!!

Perry the little button bottom right, EDIT. It allows you to edit your post instead of posting again. Welcome to SBT by the way. Bit of a baptism of fire here buddy. :D

bulkoskyblue

Wow, lot of anger here! Lets take this anger out on SISU and of course, good old Marlon on Saturday!
We all want the same thing ultimately which is the City to do well, so as Pi$$ed off as we may feel, the only thing we can do is back the lads on the pitch, and give SISU as much abuse as we can off it.

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

Leicester result I constantly get annoyed when people say "We matched the league favourites" Leicester were also very poor on Saturday and looked a mid table side at best, they were there for the taking. Also I doubt you would be saying "Glad we lost." if we won, you act as if losing last night was all part of the master plan from Andy Thorn. We were beaten convincingly by a side that were in league 2 last year with a full strength side playing. Things are looking bad and fans have good reason to be negative, are playing squad is looking poor and with no signs of improving it in the immediate future.

I am NOT saying we will definitely be relegated but it will be a struggle and we are in for a long season ahead.

Paxman II

I agree with both sides of the argument but it must be said there is some over reaction to our so called plaight.

At the start of any season teams are all over the place and often get caught out by early league cup exits. No surprise there. Some so called better teams than us lost badly last night - Ipswich who have spent plenty, were one of them and that was at home!

On the other hand there can be no doubt we have a very thin squad to pick from (bar the back 4) which is a worrying thought as injuries and suspensions start materialising (Baker already suspended of course)

So if we are to do well and have a good showing in this league then we do have to bring one or two in and nothing more could have highlighted that better by the comment Andy Thorn has made today and I quote:
“we need to be better but we need some help.”
That is a clear shot at the board that some new faces must be brought in.
Thorn was also correct when he called their performance "rubbish" so I doubt we will see a repeat of that on Saturday.

PS: I would not be surprised if the game in Brum is cancelled due to the threat of rioting. May be a blessing for us as we get a bit more time to chase down a signing or two...:wave:

SkyBlue

There is a difference between us and the other Championship teams that lost last night. We played out strongest side :(

skybluesteve76

Yeah let's support our team in it's hour of need by going to watch forest!
I maybe down
In the dumps, but I'm there week in, week out supporting the team.
We've all got mates that support other teams, but that's where it ends!

I maybe down

Steve you are the pinnacle of football supporters. i wish we could all be like you.

Give the guy a break! He goes doesn't he??? He supports CCFC doesn't he??? the only people that will make a difference have never been to a game (SISU) so give the fans a break!

You opitomise negativity.

you're an idiot

I maybe down

Jeez give the guy a break! If he's turning up to half the home games a season that's a hell of alot more than most of the disillusioned city fans!! Just ignore the "oh so perfect" types Perryccfc and enjoy the matches at the City Ground! :)

guicey15

Its hard not to be negative at the moment though. No money, not a win, injuries galore, no strikers. I see where you coming from and i think we will be ok this year. But I totally understand even the most pessimistic fans frustration.

skybluesteve76

It just contradicts itself that people slag off negativity in CCFC fans when we've every reason to be negative at times. Then in the next breath we are told to support the team, except the times when we go and watch other teams! No offence meant , but I don't understand.

The block goes with his mate and his mate comes to the ricoh. By bringing a non CCFC fan to CCFC every other match makes up for the ones he misses. Basically get off his back, he's a CCFC fan too. God forbid you find out Melbourneskyblue lives in oz and never attends the Ricoh, what a shite fan.

skybluesteve76

The block goes with his mate and his mate comes to the ricoh. By bringing a non CCFC fan to CCFC every other match makes up for the ones he misses. Basically get off his back, he's a CCFC fan too. God forbid you find out Melbourneskyblue lives in oz and never attends the Ricoh, what a shite fan.

Too right. Out of order all these part time fans, no need for it is there. If you live in oz then fair play, I wouldn't expect you to go. But living three hours away is not an excuse to follow Nottingham Forest. Jeez get off my back man!

blueflint

my pride was hurt by our loss to bury if we cant beat a team from l1 we gotta be worried about championship

Paxman II

There is a difference between us and the other Championship teams that lost last night. We played out strongest side :(

No we didn't. CLINGAN was missing and probably the most influential player we have!
As for the strongest side - then I would have to disagree that the side put out was the strongest available.
So it is a matter of opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread