Negativty! (2 Viewers)

rob9872

Some call it negativity some call it realism

les_miserables

I have endured 50 years of hurt supporting the Sky Blues so another season is neither here nor there, but what is at stake now is OUR clubs very existence and there are people waiting in the wings wanting to try and do something about it but we now have 5 directors in place and not one has any loyalty to Coventry City football club, so are they going to put their heads on the block and stand up to this SISU group of course not, they will dance to the SISU tune. Act now or regret later !!

SkyBlue_Bear83

No we didn't. CLINGAN was missing and probably the most influential player we have!
As for the strongest side - then I would have to disagree that the side put out was the strongest available.
So it is a matter of opinion.
Unfortunately it is not your opinion that matters it is Andy Thorn's. In Thorn's opinion that was the strongest team he could field last night, if that was a league game it would have been the exact same team. We were beaten convincingly.

guicey15

Lets stop dwelling on the past, and concentrate on Brum away. Lets get behind the lads and give them as much support as possible. If we lose that and our next game after that. Thats when we should start with some proper harsh negativity!

Macca

All these reason why we are so consistantly poor and its been under my nose, its the fans fault

Perryccfc

Steve I think it's abit harsh battering me for not attending every game. With all due respect I'm guessing you live in or around Coventry? Therefore a day to the game could cost you around £30/40? I live in Lowestoft on the east coast and a round trip Inc tickets food etc on my own would cost me around £90. I haven't got that sort of money every week pal. Sorry u disagree with my perspective but be real mate considering state of financial affairs in this country, and I have a young family...I'd say I'm a he'll alot more committed than 75% of people in Coventry!

Macca

I agree actually. I mean following your hobby is hardly some kind of incredible lifetime achievement or competition its just watching football

skybluesteve76

Steve I think it's abit harsh battering me for not attending every game. With all due respect I'm guessing you live in or around Coventry? Therefore a day to the game could cost you around £30/40? I live in Lowestoft on the east coast and a round trip Inc tickets food etc on my own would cost me around £90. I haven't got that sort of money every week pal. Sorry u disagree with my perspective but be real mate considering state of financial affairs in this country, and I have a young family...I'd say I'm a he'll alot more committed than 75% of people in Coventry!

Agreed mate. Well said. No offence meant.

valiant15

Perry,is bluenotes still open near the seafront? Me and mates used to be regular visitors over there back in the 90s before we all got balls and chains lol. Im late 30s now so if your younger than me that place might be before your time. Ps,and the kebab shop by the bridge,it used to be opposite a pub called bensons.Oh memories:D

asiansmurf

This is the one thing I despise about Coventry fans! Sooooo negative! Feck me we've played 1 league game against pre season favs who have spent a fortune and tbf we pushed them to the final whistle!! They're reaction at the end shew how hard they had worked for their win!! And stats back up the fact that we matched them in every area of the pitch!! I'm sorry but in my eyes, we will be fine this year!! There are definitely worse teams in this league than us!! I went to watch forest v county with my mate last nite (we take it in turns to watch each others teams) and forest were very poor, if we play how we did against Leicester we could easily pick up points v them! And they're apparently a decent standard champ side?! Cmon seriously 1 game in and were 'fearing the worst'???!!! Bugger me guys only another 135 points to play for! We play a decent style of football (finally) and I guarentee we will beat teams comfortably. Rant over!! Pusb!!!

I think you are missing the point. Where does negativity come from? It can be interal or external. THIS current negativity is external and has been brought on by the lack of any ambition whatsoever from the owners. Why are they now signing the yungsters on to longer deals? Not because they want to turn us into a power. No, its so they don't miss out when they eventually sell them. And Hoffman is no better. I', very skeptical/sceptical even about him. FFS he worked with the current owners even a few months ago. He has no money to invest.
We are lucky because we have a good manager and backroom staff, and to be honest most people on here are very supportive of the team.
BUT when the most negative people around, are not the fans, but the owners, then your post doesn't hold.

Perryccfc

Bluenotes is still open but it's now called the edge bar. Spent alot of time in there during my teenage years as pretty much the only place that would serve. I think there's a bar above aswell that they may still call bluenotes but they only open it for mosh gigs :-/ not my thing. Can't recall bensons tho, I'm 23, maybe abit before my time.

Perryccfc

I know!! Drive to cov isn't to bad for me but the drive back here is dreadful!! I'd imagine from the times you used to come over, Lowestoft has gone downhill big time. Seafront is an absolute dive now.

valiant15

I keep meaning to go back over there to see what its like now.I will one day,wont be the same with a mrs and kids though lol. Ive slept on that seafront after being locked out of the b&b,i think there was a load of them facing the seafront? Memory isnt what it used to be lol.

Perryccfc

Yea there's loaddddssss of bnbs along sea front!! My uncle owns a pub near sea front which is a shrine to ccfc!! Should visit

Users who are viewing this thread