Netflix - Making a murderer (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Hope it doesn't end up like Lost and they've been dead the whole time and merely living in limbo.
Lost has just turned up on Now TV. Not sure if its worth rewatching or not.

Marty

It is an absolute joke, I couldn't believe what I was watching when they were getting the confession out of him, and even worse it held up in court.

They basically just kept telling him to change his story until he got it right.

Otis

It is an absolute joke, I couldn't believe what I was watching when they were getting the confession out of him, and even worse it held up in court.

They basically just kept telling him to change his story until he got it right.
It's as clear a case of coercion you could ever get. A total and complete fix up.

How any judge could uphold that conviction based on that confession is totally beyond belief.

stupot07

The US justice system is a joke. That was a shocking piece of coerced confession, and you watched the Confession Tapes on Netflix it seems to be standard police procedure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
You would have thought anything without a lawyer in the room wouldn't have been accepted anyway with adults, from a child with learning difficulties you would think it would need to be even more watertight.

The americans are dicks though.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently a second series starts today? assume it will be about the younger one trying to be released that was in the news.

Otis

Hmm, not so sure.

Can't remember a lot of it, but didn't they only find blood after the 6th search and weeks later? And the 'confession' of Dassey was outrageous and led by pure coercion.

That confession should have been thrown out of court.

Loads wrong from what I can recall.

Marty

Hmm, not so sure.

Can't remember a lot of it, but didn't they only find blood after the 6th search and weeks later? And the 'confession' of Dassey was outrageous and led by pure coercion.

That confession should have been thrown out of court.

Loads wrong from what I can recall.

It was searched a number of times (can't remember the figure) by an outside police force, the local police force (the one who he sued) then searched it and unsurprisingly found all sorts. Definitely been stitched up.

Otis

Watching part two now.

They have reshown some of the Dassey confession. Just reminded me how unbelievable that truly was.

Should never have been accepted into evidence. The poor lad hasn't got a clue what he is saying, clearly knows nothing and they falsely give him the impression that he can go home if he tells them what they need to know and want him to say.

Otis

Now on episode 4 and the constant reminders have me pinching myself to just how very wrong this whole thing is. The justice system of the US is an ass for sure.

If this was a fictional TV series no-one would believe it or accept it.

Marty

Now on episode 4 and the constant reminders have me pinching myself to just how very wrong this whole thing is. The justice system of the US is an ass for sure.

If this was a fictional TV series no-one would believe it or accept it.

Where are you watching it?

Otis

Finished Series 2 yesterday. Absolutely love Zellner, she is terrifying. How they were convicted in the first place was a joke. If this was a drama it would be comical.
No-one would buy it. Not for a single second.

Even for the thickest bloke on the planet you can see Brendan Dassey's confusion was coached and coerced and the poor lad was just saying anything they wanted him to say.

He should have been released in 2015 when everyone thought he he was going to be released and the district judge said his testimony could not be relied on.

The whole thing is outrageous.

I do fancy Brendan Dassey's lawyer though (the female in case you are wondering).

Otis

Almost like the perfect woman for me. She has eyes and teeth and is cute and has the girl next door look about her.

Smart and intelligent too. What's not to like?

featured_5_3.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Watching the one now about dassey conviction overturned. I know it might sound harsh but why was the atterney saying he would give the family of the victim input on what happens?

How does that work? Obviously an awful situation for them but could they give? Surely the input should be the letters of the law?

Otis

Not as good as the first series, which had so much to cram in and I feel this second season could be so much shorter.

A lot of filling and padding of the Avery family and the Dassey family.

Think the key here is pulling apart what was wrong in the first trial and uncovering any new evidence.

Bit too much focus on the day to day life of the families back home.

Am now just coming up to episode 8.

Nick

Administrator
Got a little bit bored of it, like you say it feels like in a couple of episodes they have just made 1 or 2 points but dragged it out.

The other thing about this is how widespread it is. In the first one unless I googled it Id have had no idea if they were guilty or not. Now we know they are both still locked up, if they got released we wouldn't have missed it as it would be everywhere.

Otis

Got a little bit bored of it, like you say it feels like in a couple of episodes they have just made 1 or 2 points but dragged it out.

The other thing about this is how widespread it is. In the first one unless I googled it Id have had no idea if they were guilty or not. Now we know they are both still locked up, if they got released we wouldn't have missed it as it would be everywhere.
Yeah, there was a bit of a cliffhanger feel to it last time, but like you say, if they were released now we would definitely know about it.

Just finished the whole thing last night. Still find it utterly ridiculous in regard to Brendan Dassey's 'safe' and 'non-coerced' confession.

16 and with a very low IQ, yet they led him to where they wanted to go with it.

Scandalous really. :(

Otis

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Just on episode 3 of the new series. How did the system allow Dassey to sit there and be coerced into that, they told him everything about the crime, he didn’t get anything right.

Off system of justice, both Avery and Dassey have issues but I’m not sure they did it but the show is very good at showing certain sides to the story.

Users who are viewing this thread