Next Season (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

italiahorse

Get real - Top 6 would be at the very highest end of "expectations" and would be a fantastic achievement next season. The problem with our fans is still the delusion that we somehow have a right to finish strongly in whatever league we are in despite all indicators showing otherwise.

I base my aspirations on previous history, size of our City and the quality of the Ricoh Stadium.
Accept Sixfields and all 3 disappear so I guess you are right !!

Nick

Administrator
@ Torchy....You say i've "No intelligence".....This coming from the man who "Likes" Grenduffy making claims of "Estimations" as being "Facts"...Tosser!

To be fair, that is from the man who can't use a button on a website so him being able to use the Like button does make him a tiny bit cleverer.

(this is a joke, before people go off their tits)

torchomatic

Yes, I do say you've got "no intelligence".

@ Torchy....You say i've "No intelligence".....This coming from the man who "Likes" Grenduffy making claims of "Estimations" as being "Facts"...Tosser!

torchomatic

How do you know the players didn't want to sign. You say it as if it's cast iron fact. Maybe the players that Pressley wanted weren't available? Then again, that wouldn't fit in with your view, would it, so forget I said that. No, you're right. 100%.

because if they were going to do so they already would and anyone who didn't want to sign last month are even less likely to want to do so now.

The Gentleman

This season has been a massive achievement, Regardless of where we are playing next season, If we don't lose anyone and bring a few in, For example Kris Boyd, Where do you expect to finish?

Top 6 is the very minimum expectation for me.

Lets just make sure that we are definitely safe first before starting to think about next season. All leagues have 1 or 2 teams which freefall towards the end of the season and a couple at the bottom usually pick up a few wins to make it interesting. I hope we are safe but have a worrying feeling that a fixture pile up on crap pitches (not just Sixfields) will hurt us.

torchomatic

Noggin

How do you know the players didn't want to sign. You say it as if it's cast iron fact. Maybe the players that Pressley wanted weren't available? Then again, that wouldn't fit in with your view, would it, so forget I said that. No, you're right. 100%.

huh? we are talking about the players out of contract in the summer who are currently coventry city players. if they were going to sign new contracts they would have done so already and if they wern't willing to do so a month ago when playoffs were possible, they certainly won't be willing to do so now things look worse and we have lost Clarke.

ajsccfc

Matty has to be the true Sisu plant here. The amount of gibberish can only be a double bluff.

torchomatic

I'll be disgusted if that's true, I thought it was going to be Northampton Sky Blues?

Next season we will be called Northampton City.
We are finished !!!!!!!

torchomatic

Hobo

I'll be disgusted if that's true, I thought it was going to be Northampton Sky Blues?

Torch you are in danger of highlighting the inconsistencies of the SISU PR machine ;-)
Leave him alone and no one will listen to the ramblings of a mad man. Give him an audience and make him a king.

Monners

Next season we will be called Northampton City.
We are finished !!!!!!!

Northampton isn't a city. It is however, the 3rd largest town in the uk (after Reading and Dudley). Local rumour has it that the reason why it has been rejected several times for graduating to city status is due to the towns support for the Parliamentarians during the civil war. Having lived in the town for 29 years I can tell you the reason is down to the local m'ducks having a mindset still stranded in the 17th Century. Not the types to embrace change or outsiders like myself :D

Hobo

Northampton isn't a city. It is however, the 3rd largest town in the uk (after Reading and Dudley). Local rumour has it that the reason why it has been rejected several times for graduating to city status is due to the towns support for the Parliamentarians during the civil war. Having lived in the town for 29 years I can tell you the reason is down to the local m'ducks having a mindset still stranded in the 17th Century. Not the types to embrace change or outsiders like myself :D
What a load of old cobblers ;-)

mrbluesky87

Relegation next season I think. I appreciate its all ifs and buts however I cannot se us retaining players lile Murphy and the Moose due to financial restrictions and the likes of Christie obviously want to go on to better things and who would blame them. I also think this would still be the case if we play at the Ricoh however I wouldnt give a crap as long as we were back home.

torchomatic

Relegation? Nah, can't see that. Even if those players left, they'd be replaced. Happens all the time and has happened to us season after season. The world won't end if a few players leave.

Relegation next season I think. I appreciate its all ifs and buts however I cannot se us retaining players lile Murphy and the Moose due to financial restrictions and the likes of Christie obviously want to go on to better things and who would blame them. I also think this would still be the case if we play at the Ricoh however I wouldnt give a crap as long as we were back home.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick.........Are you f**king dyslexic or what? It's got nothing to do with me knowing which buttons to press. Once more, just for you.........THE FUCKING BUTTONS DON'T FUCKING WORK FOR ME SINCE YOUR UPDATE LAST YEAR. There's "Thick" and there's "Thich as fuck" Which one are you?

mrbluesky87

Relegation? Nah, can't see that. Even if those players left, they'd be replaced. Happens all the time and has happened to us season after season. The world won't end if a few players leave.

Not saying the world would end Torch, far from it but, but the quality of player coming in will not be the same as those on the way out, just being realistic. Top 6, never.

torchomatic

"Thich as fuck?" Is that something you super-intelligent people say? Funny that it works for everyone else.

@ Nick.........Are you f**king dyslexic or what? It's got nothing to do with me knowing which buttons to press. Once more, just for you.........THE FUCKING BUTTONS DON'T FUCKING WORK FOR ME SINCE YOUR UPDATE LAST YEAR. There's "Thick" and there's "Thich as fuck" Which one are you?

hill83

You've been told time and time again what to type to quote. You don't even technically need the buttons. All they are doing is adding code.
This one needs put to bed. And you've bit to his joke.

And you still haven't grasped that an update server side, which has had no ill effects for anybody else, could possible be your PC. Actually I'll change that. It most certainly is your PC. Actually I'll change that again. It's your fault.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Did you note the bit where I said it was a joke?

Do you really want me to reply when you can't even spell thick? I don't think people should try to comment on other people's intelligence when they don't actually know them to judge. It is always the ones who call other people thick that tend to be a bit slow though.

Oh look, I did a quote ;)

torchomatic

Ah maybe. But for me Clarke was as good as McGoldrick who was better than Juke. Murphy is as good as Westwood for me too, so no, I trust our current manager to get someone in as good as those we lose. Remember the "Moussa can't be much cop if he's on a free" posts?

Not saying the world would end Torch, far from it but, but the quality of player coming in will not be the same as those on the way out, just being realistic. Top 6, never.

ajsccfc

[quote*] @whoever................WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT [/quote*]

Remove the * and you've got quotes.

Monners

Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist. He lives in the Plum Village Monastery in the Dordogne region in the South of France, travelling internationally to give retreats and talks.

Last edited by a moderator:

torchomatic

Tell us something we didn't know! :)

Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist. He lives in the Plum Village Monastery in the Dordogne region in the South of France, travelling internationally to give retreats and talks.

Nick

Administrator
Ah maybe. But for me Clarke was as good as McGoldrick who was better than Juke. Murphy is as good as Westwood for me too, so no, I trust our current manager to get someone in as good as those we lose. Remember the "Moussa can't be much cop if he's on a free" posts?

We have to remember that we are in League One, we can't go out and sign the top scorer from the Serie A or something like that like Man City or Chelsea could. If they are top scorer in the league they are usually snapped up so I guess we have to rely on players who aren't fulfilling their potential elsewhere and hope we can get them to up their game here.

Users who are viewing this thread