Next Sisu Out Protest? (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

I thought it was Wasps who refused to negotiate and extension at the Ricoh?
No, that's not the case.
Wasps wanted a longer agreement. The club said 2 years with an option of two more they did not want to commit to longer.

Grendel

As you know they have put it on hold until Sisu have finished in court.
Obviously Sisu could start it next week if they agreed with the judges that the case fails dismally.

We don't know that. They have said that. They say a lot of things.

stupot07

No, that's not the case.
Wasps wanted a longer agreement. The club said 2 years with an option of two more they did not want to commit to longer.
So wasps lied to the CT about the reasons in order to drop thr blame on sisus lap?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

No, that's not the case.

When did this occur? Wasn't that the original agreement on our return? When Wasps weren't on the scene...

italiahorse

We don't know that. They have said that. They say a lot of things.

Yes we do. It's the legal 'noise' that's stalled the deal.
I suggest that is a diplomatic way of saying the club want a long term deal but Sisu are challenging the Wasps CCC deal. How can that be resolved?
I would say that some of the other CA 17 points fail on that as well.

Sky Blue Kid

You've lost your case. Average spend was spiralling downwards. We've never averaged more than 20,000 home fans a season for as
long as I remember - we got some at 15,000 last season - you're big nopm view is isolated to you and a few other loonies I'm afraid.
You got alzheimers mate?....... Chew on this....

It read at the time, and still reads to me that if the legal stuff was put to bed (not an unreasonable stance in my opinion) then they are not too far away from a workable agreement.

It is Wasps perogative whether thay are willing to deal with a company who have a litigeous history and are not willing to change their modus operandi.
Would you as a Landlord take on a tenant that was regularly in court?

Isn't this easily fixed?

Sky Blue Kid

You've lost your case. Average spend was spiralling downwards. We've never averaged more than 20,000 home fans a season for as
long as I remember - we got some at 15,000 last season - you're big nopm view is isolated to you and a few other loonies I'm afraid.[/QUOTE
Season 2005-2006

Coventry City 489.943 Matches 23 Average gate 21.302

Ian1779

It read at the time, and still reads to me that if the legal stuff was put to bed (not an unreasonable stance in my opinion) then they are not too far away from a workable agreement.

It is Wasps perogative whether thay are willing to deal with a company who have a litigeous history and are not willing to change their modus operandi.
Would you as a Landlord take on a tenant that was regularly in court?

Isn't this easily fixed?

So let's say SISU drop the legals today and tomorrow go to table to negotiate.

If Wasps turn round and say the new deal is £1m a year take it or leave it - then where does the club go?

Or will people still say Wasps are innocent?

If they are that keen on a deal - get one agreed in principle with independent body involved and say to SISU - you can have this deal once legals are dropped. Not drop them before you can even come to negotiate.

Sky Blue Kid

If Wasps turn round and say the new deal is £1m a year take it or leave it - then where does the club go?

If they are that keen on a deal - get one agreed in principle with independent body involved and say to SISU - you can have this deal once legals are dropped. Not drop them before you can even come to negotiate.
F**k me... I actually agree with you on this one ;)

fernandopartridge

I think this is not far off the truth but what choice do we now have ? Our owners have got together a little group of self interested sycophants and have been lying through their back teeth about building a new stadium for years now !
CCFC's only bargaining strength in this is the volume of hungry and thirsty fans it can drag through the doors of the Ricoh 25 times a year to help satisfy the top boys at 'Compass' who will be grinding their teeth at the potential loss of footfall.

OSB has already outlined CCFC's contribution to the Compass coffers, it isn't much in turnover and very very little in profit.

Good idea. Why don't Sisu find out?
Where did the £1M come from? Commercial rates can easily be determined from searching the market, and as you say they can be audited by a third party.
One thing is for sure - until Sisu drop the legal stuff there is no point in progressing to this point, so why don't they just do it? do they actually want a deal, or are they just trying to prove that everyone else is unreasonable? All words and posturing, and no action..

Grendel

So wasps lied to the CT about the reasons in order to drop thr blame on sisus lap?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I heard that they presented the club with an offer. The offer was some odd arrangement where the rental was only declared for the first two years but the club had to agree a 20 year period to stay.

The club wanted the same arrangement as now.

They were miles apart even on the rental declared at two years.

Just what I've heard but the legal situation had nothing to do with the breakdown of talks.

Ian1779

Where did the £1M come from? Commercial rates can easily be determined from searching the market, and as you say they can be audited by a third party.
One thing is for sure - until Sisu drop the legal stuff there is no point in progressing to this point, so why don't they just do it? do they actually want a deal, or are they just trying to prove that everyone else is unreasonable? All words and posturing, and no action..

Well seeing as the previous deal was £1.3m from the same company - does suggesting they might hike up to around £1m seem such a mad suggestion? An independent third party is a good idea, but we've been here before and ACL weren't having any of it.

JR1 is dead and buried - carrying it on is futile.

JR2 however might have some legs... Is this the reason they want it dropped?

clint van damme

but why are Wasps making the dropping of legal action a condition of starting talks when they've already stated it's nothing to do with them?

italiahorse

Sisu will be taking Wasps CCC to court next and Wasps will not know the details. So will Sisu divulge them so they can work out the deal.
Of course not, don't be so naive.
When the court cases are finished the talks will restart. If the existing 2 year deal is not over then a temporary deal will be given.
The driving factor on this will be that Wasps receive more cash from us being there than not there.

Well seeing as the previous deal was £1.3m from the same company - does suggesting they might hike up to around £1m seem such a mad suggestion? An independent third party is a good idea, but we've been here before and ACL weren't having any of it.

JR1 is dead and buried - carrying it on is futile.

JR2 however might have some legs... Is this the reason they want it dropped?

Quoting a figure in isolation of the heads of terms is, as you know, meaningless. Depending on the terms £1M per annum rent could be fantastic or terrible.

If you are correct in that JR2 might have legs and Sisu are intent on pursuing it then that is their call, but do you really believe that in those circumstances they can expect co-operation from anyone who is remotely connected to this whole mess?

Ian1779

Quoting a figure in isolation of the heads of terms is, as you know, meaningless. Depending on the terms £1M per annum rent could be fantastic or terrible.

If you are correct in that JR2 might have legs and Sisu are intent on pursuing it then that is their call, but do you really believe that in those circumstances they can expect co-operation from anyone who is remotely connected to this whole mess?

We have no idea if JR2 has legs - only really surmising. Even if it did the impact on Wasps is null. They still have the stadium on a 248 year lease. The impact would be on CCC maybe having to compensate - but again nothing on Wasps.

That's why it doesn't stack up. Their stance is a conscious choice... But they won't justify it.

Ian1779

Sisu will be taking Wasps CCC to court next and Wasps will not know the details. So will Sisu divulge them so they can work out the deal.
Of course not, don't be so naive.
When the court cases are finished the talks will restart. If the existing 2 year deal is not over then a temporary deal will be given.
The driving factor on this will be that Wasps receive more cash from us being there than not there.

No they are taking CCC to court for JR2 - Wasps are an interested party.

Bruce the Boot

I'd say the playing budget would be a lot better for starters, the added atmosphere might even help us grind out some results.

If we were getting shed loads of fans every week it would also give a statement that all we all care about is CCFC, screw everybody else. I doubt very much Wasps would want to take the piss and play games if we were getting 30k every week. The place would end up smashed up if they tried to boot us out.

Okay thats fine , What makes you so sure Sisu would invest that money in the Club ? As for Wasps takin the piss that un fair , they have THEIR own business to run , They owe Sisu nothing .

Nick

Administrator
Okay thats fine , What makes you so sure Sisu would invest that money in the Club ? As for Wasps takin the piss that un fair , they have THEIR own business to run , They owe Sisu nothing .

Oh no, not unfair against those wasps was it?

giphy.gif

I'd pretty much guarantee the budget would go up with attendances.

Users who are viewing this thread