Next years GK (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't think you even need a fourth choice as they get an emergency loan in when the first couple get injured, still it's a nice beach in Bournemouth for him to lie on.

ericagradus

Looks like Mowbray is sticking with Burge as our No. 1. With Kirkland now on trial with BWFC, decent available keepers are being snapped up.

ericagradus

Mark Bunn is off to Villa - wishful thinking that we were ever competing for his signature... as it turns out - we are not even looking for a keeper!

torchomatic

Burge as number one? I have a bad feeling about that.

Hobo

I think TM has made it clear, he will give Burge the chance to have the number 1 shirt, with the normal TM rider; as long as you can produce the level of performance.

once the transfer market is sorted and the season underway there will be an experienced keeper somewhere kicking their heels looking for a game time if Burge is struggling.

rupert_bear

Leigh Burge deserves his chance behind a better and hopefully settled defence, as said a loan keeper can be brought in immediately, we have until about the end of October/November for loans i believe and then there's the emergency loan and there is also the ex Arsenal kid too.

Manchester_sky_blue

With a stronger defence in front of him i'm not worried by Burge as first choice, he improved under Mowbray and the knowledge that he is number 1 by TM's choice and not just because he was the only one available will give the lad a boost. I would imagine that Charles-Cook will be eyeing that number 1 shirt as well, with only him and Burge in the frame hes got to be keen to put himself in contention if he has any sort of desire for the game. The competition between 2 young keepers eager to prove their worth could be a good thing for us.

If it all goes go horribly wrong though keeper is one of the easier positions to bring in on loan. Lots of good keepers warming benches in the champ and even in the prem.

skyblueinBaku

Burge improved during the season and more often than not commanded his area quite well. His aimless flapping at the ball was gradually transformed into coming out and taking the ball quite well. I hope that the loss of Pennington is more than offset by the arrival of Ricketts. If Reda signs, then a strengthened defence will help Burge quite a lot.

dongonzalos

Burge is a good keeper.
However I would get someone experienced in and loan Burge to league 4 for a season with a recall option.
Murphy is on trial at Bradford. Unfortunately it has already been shown that we can't compete with them.

Users who are viewing this thread