Nicola payne (1 Viewer)

wingy

Two Fifty year olds arrested and charged with murder
In court tomorrow
Taken 23 years to get there, finally, hopefully some closure for her family

bringbackrattles

Don't know Nick guess SG will have something In the CT shortly
Only heard It on the radio
I know the family well in fact I cleaned their windows the week she went missing and Nicola paid me that day.I hope this is closure at last but will wait and see because we've heard it all before.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I knew Nicola's mum vaguely. She worked at Annie Osborne school at the time. I hope this is going to be some closure for the family. I have followed this story since it happened and have always believed that one day the perpertrators would be caught. RIP Nicola :(

bringbackrattles

I knew Nicola's mum vaguely. She worked at Annie Osborne school at the time. I hope this is going to be some closure for the family. I have followed this story since it happened and have always believed that one day the perpertrators would be caught. RIP Nicola :(
the two blokes are the same ones from before.
They must have something on them so for the family's sake it must be the end of their nightmare.

Steve.B50

I played Rugby and Amercian Football with one of her brothers and would never want to mess with him or any of the brothers.
imagine the torment that family have indured over the years?

Houchens Head

I saw in the Telegraph online that the police have been searching around the fishing pool area at Coombe Country Park. Hope they found stuff with DNA evidence on. Maybe that's why these two scumbags were charged?

Otis

I really hope they have the right peeople now and have cast iron proof, so this can all be put to rest and the poor family get some sort of closure and justice.

bringbackrattles

I saw in the Telegraph online that the police have been searching around the fishing pool area at Coombe Country Park. Hope they found stuff with DNA evidence on. Maybe that's why these two scumbags were charged?
One of the charged is a landscape gardener so it's starting to become clearer ?

fernandopartridge

Innocent until proven guilty tbf. Hope this is some closure. Remember vividly this being in the news. Walked along the Black Pad many a time myself.

Houchens Head

Innocent until proven guilty tbf. Hope this is some closure. Remember vividly this being in the news. Walked along the Black Pad many a time myself.

No smoke without fire! The old Bill have been on to this pair for some time, perhaps with not enough evidence. Now maybe, they have the evidence they need. I'll put myself forward for Jury duty!! :mad:

jaymo132

I really hope they have the right peeople now and have cast iron proof, so this can all be put to rest and the poor family get some sort of closure and justice.
Yes so do I.. Police have arrested a few people in the last 10 years(including someone I knew) on hearsay and round the pub chat.As Otis says I hope the evidence is cast iron and the family can take closure..But remembering what you did 23 years ago...well I can't remember what I did last weekend.

bringbackrattles

Yes so do I.. Police have arrested a few people in the last 10 years(including someone I knew) on hearsay and round the pub chat.As Otis says I hope the evidence is cast iron and the family can take closure..But remembering what you did 23 years ago...well I can't remember what I did last weekend.
Jaymo you would remember if you murdered someone 23 years ago ! I know Barwell one of the accused so if he did do it he should go down for life. But until he owns up to it I'll keep an open mind.

Otis

What? Is that because they are innocent, or because there was a lack of evidence?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Grendel

What? Is that because they are innocent, or because there was a lack of evidence?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Was there any actual evidence?

Grendel

I saw something about a tent and clothing tested but nothing found?

You can't really make judgements from media stories but there seemed no evidence other than one hair which proved inconclusive. They didn't even seem to be able to link the accused pair to the victim. No apparent motive, no real evidence. Amazed the CPS bought the case forward.

skybluesam66

Followed the case through - there was virtually no evidence presented, apart from a tent which went missing for quite a lot of the enquiry and was never kept in a secure environment

was always going to be not guilty verdict - whether or not they did it

jaymo132

Followed the case through - there was virtually no evidence presented, apart from a tent which went missing for quite a lot of the enquiry and was never kept in a secure environment

was always going to be not guilty verdict - whether or not they did it
Me to Sam.....why did the police dredge Coombe abbey lake? and weirdest of all was regarding a pair of pixie boots, mentioned by Nicola’s boyfriend Jason Cooke in his evidence. He said she was wearing them yet there was an identical pair at her parents house
even the jury wanted to know who they belonged to.

Nick

Administrator
Me to Sam.....why did the police dredge Coombe abbey lake? and weirdest of all was regarding a pair of pixie boots, mentioned by Nicola’s boyfriend Jason Cooke in his evidence. He said she was wearing them yet there was an identical pair at her parents house
Was he ever a suspect or anything?

rob9872

Perhaps he thought she was wearing them but wasn't. Couldn't tell you what my Mrs had on yesterday or day before.

wingy

Didn't a neighbour say she saw her that morning wearing then?
That she wouldn't mind a pair herself.

Otis

Was there any actual evidence?
Well that's what I want to know. Not guilty doesn't always mean innocent.

An old mate of mine was married to her sister and and a relative used to live next door to one of the accused.

Such a shame that this is still dragging on and we are nowhere nearer to knowing the truth.

Johnnythespider

You have to feel for the family, they appear to have been badly let down by the police

Grendel

Well that's what I want to know. Not guilty doesn't always mean innocent.

An old mate of mine was married to her sister and and a relative used to live next door to one of the accused.

Such a shame that this is still dragging on and we are nowhere nearer to knowing the truth.

Yes it does in a civilised society

skybluesam66

who knows - they must have had some sort of tip off - but they also dug up somebodys garden
There were lots of people during the case who said they had done it - but most of them were nutters - but the police had to follow up

The overall police process on this was abysmal in terms of evidence maintenance

lots of rumours but nothing else

Users who are viewing this thread