No ambition. (3 Viewers)

Seb

People also need to remember we have increased the contracts on O'hare, Hyam, Godden which will likely of included a wage increase. Its not a case of oh we havent done X, I think we've actually done fine this transfer window as we havent let anyone significant go.

Kieranp96

I'm actually not to depressed, I would of liked to see an attacking midfielder in on loan to challenge O'Hare and maybe get him to work on h in shooting but apart from that I don't really see where a player will improve us, we have 2 excellent strikers in godden and gyokores, we have ahead hammer and Kelly for cm and our CBs are decent for this level especially considering hyam has come to us as development in league 2 broke in and has stayed in the whole way up to championship mid tablet

Fergusons_Beard

So your argument is to never sign anyone because they aren’t guaranteed success?

All I want is some reassurance from your mates at the club that there’s an actual plan to match Joys stated ambition for the club. Because at the moment the plan seems to be find a way for Robins to live forever and keep us midtable on a shoestring.

Actually Shmmeee I think that Robin’s current performance is exceeding Joys ambition.

Common sense dictates that it would be One season surviving, next stabilising and then challenging.

If we realistic we could still end up mid table and the stabilising phase has still been achieved.

But it’s the hope that kills you.

We’re not far short of exceeded expectations and finishing in the play off places.

I would also think that the recruitment team has a long term plan with targets and what is the point in bringing in a player just to appease the fans.

Robins and the team have created a real team ethos and they are obviously coached brilliantly.

Too many times we have seen poor recruitment happen, players brought in who added no value, who destabilised and were a waste of money.

Summer is always the best time to recruit and I’m happy to wait to see what calibre of player comes in.

Our performances this year will definitely be more attractive to a better quality player.

We’ve waited long enough to be successful-enjoy it. try and be patient!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ccfcisparks

Actually Shmmeee I think that Robin’s current performance is exceeding Joys ambition.

Common sense dictates that it would be One season surviving, next stabilising and then challenging.

If we realistic we could still end up mid table and the stabilising phase has still been achieved.

But it’s the hope that kills you.

We’re not far short of exceeded expectations and finishing in the play off places.

I would also think that the recruitment team has a long term plan with targets and what is the point in bringing in a player just to appease the fans.

Robins and the team have created a real team ethos and they are obviously coached brilliantly.

Too many times we have seen poor recruitment happen, players brought in who added no value, who destabilised and were a waste of money.

Summer is always the best time to recruit and I’m happy to wait to see what calibre of player comes in.

Our performances this year will definitely be more attractive to a better quality player.

We’ve waited long enough to be successful-enjoy it. try and be patient!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Joy has no ambition, she doesnt care two jots about the football club.

We are part of her portfolio of investments, nothing more.

SBT

We’ve basically wasted a time when all our stars are aligned. Market is depressed, team on form, fans on a high, and we’ve cut the playing budget. It’s nuts.

Fans on a high? Ah yes, that giddy euphoria that Coventry fans are collectively enjoying at the moment.

Wanda

6/10 window for me. Keeping O’hare is huge, addressed the left back issue and got rid of plenty of deadwood.

ideally we’d have been able to keep Walker and would have brought in another attacking midfielder. If bidwell was announced yesterday I imagine there would be much less moaning on here

Warwickhunt

When the accounts covering last season are published in a few weeks time we will all understand why spending has been reined in. We've not sold a player for a significant sum since McCallum too.
not just our finances! i think a few clubs are going to be screwed end of season and all trying to dump deadwood, I think City get their dumping in early to give us a better chance of relaunching for next season. Dont think we will get into play offs this year but would love a good cup run to swell the coffers though.

Gint11

I agree to a point. The league standard seems lower however the points total needed for the playoffs is around the 70+ mark which is usually what’s needed in the past few seasons.

We are one of the better footballing sides and that’s pleasing as there were times last year we looked like boys v men but we aren’t one of the best sides overall otherwise we wouldnt be 9th/10th.

Being optimistic in the position we’re in now from where we’ve been is hardly pathetic.

NorthernWisdom

Have previous January buys been game changers? Some would point to Matty James, but I'm not so sure. It's easy to say Gyokeres, but that's based on this season's form. Last season, Biamou kept him out the team on occasion!

David Meyler was a game changer, but not in a good way...

clint van damme

Have previous January buys been game changers? Some would point to Matty James, but I'm not so sure. It's easy to say Gyokeres, but that's based on this season's form. Last season, Biamou kept him out the team on occasion!

David Meyler was a game changer, but not in a good way...

James, (post the QPR debacle away), definitely was.

better days

Just to illustrate the nature of football fans a West Ham supporting mate is complaining bitterly that his club haven't bought anyone in
'Ĺack of ambition, incompetence, manager no good etc etc'
Ridiculous bearing on mind where they are in the League and where they were 2 years ago
If they win the next 3 games he'll be lauding the same people he's currently slagging off

clint van damme

People also need to remember we have increased the contracts on O'hare, Hyam, Godden which will likely of included a wage increase. Its not a case of oh we havent done X, I think we've actually done fine this transfer window as we havent let anyone significant go.

Holy fuck!

Wanda

Just to illustrate the nature of football fans a West Ham supporting mate is complaining bitterly that his club haven't bought anyone in
'Ĺack of ambition, incompetence, manager no good etc etc'
Ridiculous bearing on mind where they are in the League and where they were 2 years ago
If they win the next 3 games he'll be lauding the same people he's currently slagging off

Fans get swept up in the sky sports manufactured deadline day yesterday I’m afraid. Had we brought in another attacker the window would have been great. I think this window has been much more productive than last January

clint van damme

'Ĺack of ambition, incompetence manager no good etc etc'

He's got a point, Moyes is another operating with one hand tied behind his back given the money that club must be generating.

Same scenario, a couple of attackers would make all the difference.

oldfiver

So your argument is to never sign anyone because they aren’t guaranteed success?

All I want is some reassurance from your mates at the club that there’s an actual plan to match Joys stated ambition for the club. Because at the moment the plan seems to be find a way for Robins to live forever and keep us midtable on a shoestring.

I think G seems to have more mates in the club than me. I also think you have the wrong club if you think I have any influence you state

As to your opening statement it is not my assertion but it is from those who say "the club should invest in a new ...whatever". They must be working on the premise that player will provide the missing winning factor. Its all a gamble but I think now is not the time to do it - get game experience this season and reassess in the summer

Skyblueweeman

The one thing I'm sure of is that MR has likely worked without the funds he's wanted, before, here at CCFC.

It won't be new for him and he's done ok so far. I know the Championship is different to L1 and L2 but we still need to put trust in MR and his backroom team to keep delivering the growth they have done for the past few seasons.

shmmeee

I think G seems to have more mates in the club than me. I also think you have the wrong club if you think I have any influence you state

As to your opening statement it is not my assertion but it is from those who say "the club should invest in a new ...whatever". They must be working on the premise that player will provide the missing winning factor. Its all a gamble but I think now is not the time to do it - get game experience this season and reassess in the summer

I just see an incomplete squad. This isn’t asking for Bournemouth style players as Pokémon strategy, just enough of a wage bill to have a full squad without having to create holes elsewhere to fill one.

If we had a bunch of deadwood lying around then fair enough, but we’ve done spectacularly well as trimming the fat.

oldfiver

Cant argue with that but every business, and CCFC is a business, needs to control its costs to match its resources

I assume, don't know, but assume MR was involved in the pre season Budget so knew what he was dealing with

Bright was a gamble that failed but how much of the "deadwood" was in his pre season wage bill

Bugsy

NorthernWisdom

Its all a gamble but I think now is not the time to do it - get game experience this season and reassess in the summer
This is where I am. In an ideal world you'd get players in whenever, but now is nearly always more expensive, and that sets you back medium-long term as you've over-inflated for worth, even if that's been a loan or two.

Realistically, unless we sign up a bunch of superstars, we're not going to make the playoffs, and even those superstars wouldn't guarantee us in them, let alone winning them. Of the players we've lost, I'd say only Walker is a loss, the others are not-yets, never-weres, bad-mistakes so are all limited in their playing, and even financial impact on leaving too - a Blaine Rowe leaving on loan won't provide much spare cash! Also, signing Kane possibly was an extra, not expected at the time, so maybe our money down the sofa was spent earlier than now.

Walker's undoubtedly a loss. My view is he's the best striker at the club, but the manager clearly begs to differ. At the start of the season we were horribly unbalanced with four strikers and no LWBs we owned ourselves, so in effect this transfer window has rebalanced us slightly. Also, it's never an easy sell, but what we're looking at now is strikers / AMs who'd displace Gyokeres / O'Hare, and as arguably two of our more saleable assets, game and evelopment time for them is more important, both in terms of playing and monetary value to the side next season. O'Hare out the team won't suddenly teach him how to finish, after all - maybe some games where he can learn to vary the pace he plays at, and try some subtlety in his game is better than being ousted. Any loanee, after all, won't be coming to sit on the bench.

So we are where we are. Do we need more finance? Yep. I'd still rather we improved the squad and club in the medium-long term however, than the short-term punt. Get the foundations right, and you're more likely to have consistent upswing in results.

Grendel

In the end in a rare moment of transparency Fisher was correct when he said the financial model we operate within is not set up to compete in the championship

shmmeee

This is where I am. In an ideal world you'd get players in whenever, but now is nearly always more expensive, and that sets you back medium-long term as you've over-inflated for worth, even if that's been a loan or two.

Realistically, unless we sign up a bunch of superstars, we're not going to make the playoffs, and even those superstars wouldn't guarantee us in them, let alone winning them. Of the players we've lost, I'd say only Walker is a loss, the others are not-yets, never-weres, bad-mistakes so are all limited in their playing, and even financial impact on leaving too - a Blaine Rowe leaving on loan won't provide much spare cash! Also, signing Kane possibly was an extra, not expected at the time, so maybe our money down the sofa was spent earlier than now.

Walker's undoubtedly a loss. My view is he's the best striker at the club, but the manager clearly begs to differ. At the start of the season we were horribly unbalanced with four strikers and no LWBs we owned ourselves, so in effect this transfer window has rebalanced us slightly. Also, it's never an easy sell, but what we're looking at now is strikers / AMs who'd displace Gyokeres / O'Hare, and as arguably two of our more saleable assets, game and evelopment time for them is more important, both in terms of playing and monetary value to the side next season. O'Hare out the team won't suddenly teach him how to finish, after all - maybe some games where he can learn to vary the pace he plays at, and try some subtlety in his game is better than being ousted. Any loanee, after all, won't be coming to sit on the bench.

So we are where we are. Do we need more finance? Yep. I'd still rather we improved the squad and club in the medium-long term however, than the short-term punt. Get the foundations right, and you're more likely to have consistent upswing in results.

All good points except last two games Shipley has played AM because we have no other options.

SeaSeeEffCee

Genuinely can’t believe how many people are saying we have no chance at making the play-offs. Win our games in hand, home against Luton and away to a shit Cardiff team, and we’re literally in them. If we’ve got no chance of making the play-offs from this position then why are we even fucking bothering? If anything, given how weak the league is this, this could be the best chance of making them we’re going to have for years.

Grendel

It’s no real difference to the league 1 season when we ended up dragging in deadwood as they wouldn’t spend money. A quality centre half and a better version of Cole and we’d have been in the race then

Users who are viewing this thread