Nolan (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

No mention of congratulating us, just "Cov got away with it thanks to the ref, we need Premier League officials at this level."

Hey Nolan, you were lucky just to be 2-1 down at HT!!!

They were lucky and we did play well but we have to acknowledge three incorrect decisions led to goals for us.

Hopefully tomorrow he will have looked and seen how well we played.

Limey

He had a rocket up his arse from 1st min, genuinely think that rubbed off on his team. Only himself to blame I'm afraid.

The CableGuy

Yeah, we got lucky but overall, we deserved it. Blew them away for most of the 1st half in the 1st leg, annihilated them in the 1st half tonight. They had, what, the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half? We played by far the better football in both legs.

Tonight they should have been down to 10 men, and even with 11, we could have won 7-1, funny how Nolan didn't mention that.

City and Exeter in the final. Its a victory for football.

The CableGuy

Nolan: "It’s not down to my players or me, it’s down to the people in the middle of the park who you are hoping to try and get the major decisions right. Awful, awful decisions cost us tonight. They’ve cost us dearly, we had the momentum in the second half, we were 2-1 and ready to go. Once we got that goal I felt we would have gone on. They (officials) have knocked the wind out of us, done it last Saturday and done it tonight - I am absolutely gutted for my lads."

Poor loser.

Brighton Sky Blue

No mention of congratulating us, just "Cov got away with it thanks to the ref, we need Premier League officials at this level."

Hey Nolan, you were lucky just to be 2-1 down at HT!!!

Can't remember seeing anyone get so salty. If you're good enough, a few dodgy decisions won't matter.

Otis

We could have easily been awarded a foul for their first goal. It was a bit 50/50, but at one point Stead was wrestling Grimmer.

They could have had a player sent off too.

We by far and away were the better side tonight.

chiefdave

The problem they have is that Nolan believes the crap he comes out with.

Look at the two games, you take away our pen in the first game then what about the blatant handball that should have been a pen or McNulty being hauled down when he would have been through with a clear chance.

Then tonight they could have easily been a player down before the 'equaliser' they are moaning about not to mention Duffy taking Max out and not even getting a card.

If they'd lost by one goal maybe they could question decisions but it was 5-2!

lifeskyblue

Hahaha. What a sore loser. No class and no idea where the real problem was for them...not the ref, not the rub of the green; simply outplayed over the two games by a side trying to play football and not hoofball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffer

Can't remember seeing anyone get so salty. If you're good enough, a few dodgy decisions won't matter.

Comes over as just another graceless oaf, sadly. Robins won that one on and off the pitch by having the class to praise Nolan for the tremendous job he's done at County (which is true, it's just a pity he relies on stone-age tactics and a healthy dose of obviously cynical ploys).

Terry Gibson's perm

Classless twat just seen his interview I think the fa should be asking him to explain himself, yes those couple of decisions did go against them but to just blame the officials and not his disgusting way of playing

Brighton Sky Blue

Comes over as just another graceless oaf, sadly. Robins won that one on and off the pitch by having the class to praise Nolan for the tremendous job he's done at County (which is true, it's just a pity he relies on stone-age tactics and a healthy dose of obviously cynical ploys).

He's ignored the first halves of both legs where we came out the traps sharper and should have had healthy leads. Second half fair enough we were under the cosh for 15-20 minutes but he is looking at it through tinted specs to lay the blame all with the officials.

Look at our 2nd goal yesterday-McNulty was left on his own in the build up and even as he took his shot. You can't defend like that and expect to go through.

Mucca Mad Boys

He's ignored the first halves of both legs where we came out the traps sharper and should have had healthy leads. Second half fair enough we were under the cosh for 15-20 minutes but he is looking at it through tinted specs to lay the blame all with the officials.

Look at our 2nd goal yesterday-McNulty was left on his own in the build up and even as he took his shot. You can't defend like that and expect to go through.

You can pick faults with all our goals if you look at it from a defensive point of view:

1) Willis lost his marker for a free header, and whilst Biamou’s finish was top quality, it was poor defending from set play.
2) As soon as we attack, defence folds in and drops deep straight away and allows McNulty to drop back into space, fantastic ball from Kelly and a good finish from McNulty.
3) It was offside, but he was on the wing, defender slips and the ball gets to Biamou who had 2-3 defenders around him offering little pressure.
4) again, Notts’ defence folds under pressure and let Bayliss dribble at them and failing to put pressure on him, he picked his shot with his left foot.

I’m not taking the goals from us, on the contrary, we were fantastic. It is ridiculous to blame the ref for what was a terrible defensive display from them. To echo and paraphrase Robins’ post-match interview: ‘there’s no controversy here, we blew them away’.

Blaming the referees and match officials is a babyish thing to do because it’s deflecting off the real reasons you lose. Had Nolan said something along the lines of ‘the match officials got a lot of stuff wrong, but we weren’t good enough tonight’, I’d agree with that and it would make me feel empathic towards Notts County and Nolan.

Users who are viewing this thread