Nolan (1 Viewer)

Otis

He will make a good L2 manager as a minimum, he’s still learning, the squads slightly above average at county too. Jorge Grants carried the side massively and when his goals dried up the slump in results came.

Still have a similar record to us protecting a lead and we’re a force at home this season.

He’s got them effective, just not at the point it mattered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He's a real hothead moaner though and makes himself look a fool at times. Shame, cos as a player I liked him.

The rant he had about the Mansfield penalty after his player 'clearly' handled the ball 'outside' the box, was insane.

He went apoplectic about it and was having a right old go at the ref, only to be proved completely wrong and it was handball inside the box. TV pics proved it.

He needs to calm down otherwise he's going to have a cardiac arrest.

Grendel

He's a real hothead moaner though and makes himself look a fool at times. Shame, cos as a player I liked him.

The rant he had about the Mansfield penalty after his player 'clearly' handled the ball 'outside' the box, was insane.

He went apoplectic about it and was having a right old go at the ref, only to be proved completely wrong and it was handball inside the box. TV pics proved it.

He needs to calm down otherwise he's going to have a cardiac arrest.

What do you think Alex Ferguson would have focussed on during and after that game?

clint van damme

is there ever going to be a point where our OWN fans praise our team without all these buts and what ifs, and the otherside were robbed???

FFS we don't need to disect every decision and turn it against us, we didn't make the mistakes, the officials did so just enjoy the feelings of getting to the final.
again I don't think some on here even want us to achieve anything good, thank fuck the manager doesn't take advice from them.
PUSB and take whatever bit of good fortune falls our way, as for the rest..................................fuck 'em all.

spot on. We're expected to enter a period of remorse because some decisions went our way FFS!
If we were the only team in the history of football who'd benefited from bad decisions I could understand it but it happens week in and week out.
More often than not we've been on the wrong end so if anyone thinks I'm going to give 2 fucks that they've favoured us this time they can think again.

And they should have definitely been down to ten in the first half.

Otis

What do you think Alex Ferguson would have focussed on during and after that game?
That's irrelevant. I am talking about his hotheadeness, not whether he was right or not.

The ref should have sent him to the stands last night. Didn't need to have any skill as a lip reader to see the abuse he was giving the ref. Absolutely out of order and totally not the refs fault, who I thought had a pretty decent game over all.

lifeskyblue

I always believe managers who moan about refs are only deflecting from their own and their teams inadequacies. Fergie, wenger and mouriniho moaned at refs mainly in games where their players didn’t perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

That's irrelevant. I am talking about his hotheadeness, not whether he was right or not.

The ref should have sent him to the stands last night. Didn't need to have any skill as a lip reader to see the abuse he was giving the ref. Absolutely out of order and totally not the refs fault, who I thought had a pretty decent game over all.

What would he have done?

Grendel

I always believe managers who moan about refs are only deflecting from their own and their teams inadequacies. Fergie, wenger and mouriniho moaned at refs mainly in games where their players didn’t perform.

No they didn’t - so you could see an interview with one of them going like this?

“Alex/Jose/Arsene - are you feeling hard done to tonight?”

“No not at all. Coventry were by far the better team and deserved to win”

“What about the decisions that went against you?”

“That’s the way it goes but we were second best anyway”

Ok

Grendel

Don't quite get your point.

Quite a few managers rant and rave and completely lose their rag. Doesn't make it right.

But it’s the obvious reaction from a football manager whose just seen the team lose in controversial style?

I think my points pretty obvious.

lifeskyblue

No they didn’t - so you could see an interview with one of them going like this?

“Alex/Jose/Arsene - are you feeling hard done to tonight?”

“No not at all. Coventry were by far the better team and deserved to win”

“What about the decisions that went against you?”

“That’s the way it goes but we were second best anyway”

Ok

All I’m saying is managers try and deflect from their own inadequacies by picking on something else. I’m sure Nolan in the cold light of day will be berating his defenders and perhaps questioning his initial set up but for the media and fans has to blame anyone but himself or his players.

Otis

But it’s the obvious reaction from a football manager whose just seen the team lose in controversial style?

Loads of managers do not behave in that manner and show a bit of decorum and respect.

Bottom line is that refs should send more managers to the stands. It is completely unnaceptable for them to be ranting and raving and spitting blood at the refs from the touchline like that.

Mcbean

PMSL with the hoof call everytime the ball went up and they were also fuckin crap at that - Our Fans were brilliant maybe apart from the Fuckin shit chant which in a small stadium versus us in full voice had no chance - still smiling this morning - will be some beer drunk in Coventry today and tonight

steve cooper

Cowley was the same following the Exeter v Lincoln game, complaining about the treatment Rheid received (LOL) among other things. I think the days of magnanimous sportsmanship are over.

Ring Of Steel

Ferguson would have reacted the same way. However Ferguson was a very good manager. Nolan is- at best- unproven and got totally outthought last night.

That’s like saying “because the Notts County players dived just like Ronaldo they are all just as good as Ronaldo”

You’re comparing apples with oranges and trying to justify a very ropey and false point.

Users who are viewing this thread