Match Thread Norwich FA cup (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

DaCosta looked better once he settled in see how he goes second half before I place him in the A TEAM with Hislner & Kasta 😁

It’s annoying as I love the Da Kasta meme but he is offering a bit more.

Gibbo

I have said this before, but the success rate from purchases in Europe of european born players has been piss poor.

Hamer is a different kettle of fish as we paid serious money for him, and Dabo is english. But Kast - poor attitide, Jobello - looked ok for League 1 maybe, Hissner - before his illness looked overweight, not up to the standard and certainly not an instant success. And now Da Costa....

It seemed an interesting concept and low cost. But does not deliver.

Actually these kind of signings will be more difficult with Brexit, which may be a blessing in disguise.

PVA

Really poor in attack.

Biamou not at the races, Shipley anonymous, O'Hare poor final product.

Dacosta was woeful for that first 20 odd minutes, but has got better. It would be harsh to judge him on that with how little football he's had.

Get James on for Hamer to give him a rest and Bapaga on for Shipley.

stay_up_skyblues

It was probably tactical but the lack of press in midfield was really disappointing when losing. They have just been allowed to play through us. Everyone needs to improve second half.

cc84cov

I have said this before, but the success rate from purchases in Europe of european born players has been piss poor.

Hamer is a different kettle of fish as we paid serious money for him, and Dabo is english. But Kast - poor attitide, Jobello - looked ok for League 1 maybe, Hissner - before his illness looked overweight, not up to the standard and certainly not an instant success. And now Da Costa....

Actually these kind of signings will be more difficult with Brexit, which may be a blessing in disguise.
We’re trying t find cheap diamonds Hamer doesn’t count we paid good money for him these other lot I rather we stick to English market but it’s more expensive

ccfc92

I'm getting really pissed off with us always being a slight touch away. A defender will get a toe on the pass or something like that.

Their second goal, got a slight deflection that put the cross perfectly between our defenders and onto the Norwich players head 🤦‍♂️

AFCCOVENTRY

He's spot on, the movement of their players is far more fluid. Ours is all a bit predicable.

We have no movement in attack and they lose the ball when they have it. Shipley and O’Hare have offered nothing in this game. You can see Hamer’s frustration when he moves forward looking for a pass.

I know Robins is saying he will get one more player in attack but we need at least 2 more.

Paxman II

Shipley looking like he knows he will be replaced. Bring James on and push Hamer further forward.
Max has been OK tbf. Some good movement and giving them food for thought.
Got to get our wingbacks into play more and I would give Dabo a go on 60.
What a frustrating player O'Hare can be.
An early goal for us and we may see a fight back. It's the FA Cup so you have to give it your all or you are out.

Brighton Sky Blue

It will just drive up the cost for average English players, which is already an issue at the higher levels

Terry Gibson's perm

Isn't his old man a big City fan? I'd imagine he'd be embarrassed by this. Well, he should be.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Chris is as well I have seen at away games where he has driven up and stood with the fans.

mr_monkey

Da costa clearly lacking in fitness and game time. But did look slightly better near the end.

Shipley has been missing and offers nothing.

Giles needs to run at them more

Don't be so stupid, dacosta is obviously the worst player we have ever had and should be shot at half time

fernandopartridge

Well, a mix of a top end of the Championship squad. Had a look on Twitter when their team was announced and the responses were they'd be happy playing this team in the league!
Yeah, Cantwell is class and played a lot in the PL last season. Tettey too. Maybe we need to get James on to settle us down, I'd be inclined to sub Shipley for him possibly. Not sure about another change

fernandopartridge

Da Costa hasn't even played 90 minutes in total yet zzz

Londonccfcfan

Yeah, Cantwell is class and played a lot in the PL last season. Tettey too. Maybe we need to get James on to settle us down, I'd be inclined to sub Shipley for him possibly. Not sure about another change
Yeah their 2nd team would finish top half. We underestimate their squad strength.

Brighton Sky Blue

Weird....I could never willingly watch another team when I know City are playing at the same time

In the league I agree but this tie never interested me from the moment it was made. Same league cup ties are almost on a par with friendlies for me

Seamus1

I’d think of taking O’Hare, Shipley and Hamer off at Half Time.

Cant afford any injury risk to Hamer. Shipley just isn’t at the races and O’Hare just to give him a rest, given how much ground he covers.

Allen, James and Kasta (for fun) on

70 mins, take off Sheaf for Eccles

TomRad85

Chris is as well I have seen at away games where he has driven up and stood with the fans.
Maybe it was taken out of context and he was just laughing at how bad we'd started as a fan would. But then he entered the thread and appeared to carry on acting like a tool so who knows... he's not done himself any favours.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

What's going on?

I was preparing myself for the game this afternoon on BT Sports and thought I would see the lay of the land, so just tuned in, but find we are 2-0 down.

I am guessing it is NOT a 3pm kick-off then.

🙄
They'll let you in free for the second half

Londonccfcfan

I’d think of taking O’Hare, Shipley and Hamer off at Half Time.

Cant afford any injury risk to Hamer. Shipley just isn’t at the races and O’Hare just to give him a rest, given how much ground he covers.

Allen, James and Kasta (for fun) on

70 mins, take off Sheaf for Eccles

Agree I’d get Hamer and O’Hare off.

Jamesimus

WTF is Matty james doing sat on the bench haha comical

Because he's been at the club five minutes and has possibly not even trained with the lads. I hope he comes on and does well, and he may well do, but it's a bit of an ask isn't it.

baldy

Who's that/what's that about?

Chris Camwell posted a screenshot on the mongy City FB forum of the scoreline & put laughing face emojis on it but surely it’s up to him to say what he likes,he didn’t actually put it on there,some other mouth breather on that forum did

Users who are viewing this thread