Match Thread Norwich game night (2 Viewers)

larry_david

That's the thing with O'hare especially he gets places and reads the game better than most of our other players. If only he could finish things off.

But then if he had that in his game already there is no way Villa would have let him go.
The compilation of o hare misses this season would be a frightening watch

cc84cov

The compilation of o hare misses this season would be a frightening watch
Last seasons against Brum and Wycombe away were far worse he’s not suddenly gonna become this composed clinical finisher everything is done at a frantic pace,some times it comes off Sheffield Wednesday game for example,he’s 22 now

larry_david

I knew championship was gonna be grim. And the target has always beeen head above water. But I hate what losing is doing to opinions of players. Hyam deserves so much recognition for what he's done with us. Shipley has played a part, max. All of a sudden we're turning on our players, it's horrible to see but it's such a ruthless sport. You're only as good as your last game and at the moment we're in big trouble

Dirk Turpin

Might just be me but I'd rather see a flat back 4. Every time I watch us with the 3 I feel it's unorganised and there's too much distance between the CB. Like someone said it works if you have mobile defenders but Pukki outpacing hyam today shows we don't. We need to shut up shop and play our most physical players. We're in a league now where pretty much every player is an athlete.

usskyblue

Not one of mine

QaO1eN0.gif

hitZsOV.gif

tenor.gif

0a406622-f128-4911-b298-895abf2ebff6_text.gif

Paul O Donoghue

Muck first half, utter fucking rubbish. Big improvement second half when Walker was gone , lazy individual, no wonder Forest let him go. Two big men up front, fuck fancy build up play from the back, we can't do it, hoof it clear and press high to stay up. Hamer looked frustrated and wayward tonight and his indiscipline rankles. Shippers a pale shadow. Struggle is on for sure.Kelly, James and Hamer together have to be accommodated. All honest workers.

Terry Gibson's perm

Muck first half, utter fucking rubbish. Big improvement second half when Walker was gone , lazy individual, no wonder Forest let him go. Two big men up front, fuck fancy build up play from the back, we can't do it, hoof it clear and press high to stay up. Hamer looked frustrated and wayward tonight and his indiscipline rankles. Shippers a pale shadow. Struggle is on for sure.Kelly, James and Hamer together have to be accommodated. All honest workers.

I don’t care if Walker sits on a deck chair waiting the ball his job is to score goals let the other players run around and give him a chance to score. Robbie Simpson worked hard and Mick Quinn didn’t I know which one I would prefer in my team.

Paul O Donoghue

Walker is different gravy.... movement and awareness on a different level to Max. But Max def has a role to play in our future
Let's be brutally honest about tonight's match. If we compare the contributions of Walker and Biamou in a half each, Walker 2/10, Biamou 7/10. Tyler is not physical enough and I couldn't for the life of me, depend on his work rate. Go Max and Gygores up front for the rest of season and boot the ball from back four coz we can't pass it from the back with confidence. Hyam is struggling and Rose needs more game time. Boot it forward ta fuck.

D

Deleted member 2477

Let's be brutally honest about tonight's match. If we compare the contributions of Walker and Biamou in a half each, Walker 2/10, Biamou 7/10. Tyler is not physical enough and I couldn't for the life of me, depend on his work rate. Go Max and Gygores up front for the rest of season and boot the ball from back four coz we can't pass it from the back with confidence. Hyam is struggling and Rose needs more game time. Boot it forward ta fuck.
Yeh lets get Aidy Boothroyd back whilst we are at it. you want us to totally change our style of play and bypass the best players in our team to play hoof ball

skyblu3sk

Dogshit match last night Hamer and walker didn't get in to the game at all. Most ineffective performance from Hamer all season so probably marked out of it. That pitch needs so much work too. The way the ball moves on it doesn't give a team low on confidence much chance against teams that have way more quality.

shmmeee

Lockdown is really hitting people hard huh?

shmmeee

Yeh lets get Aidy Boothroyd back whilst we are at it. you want us to totally change our style of play and bypass the best players in our team to play hoof ball

Up to the worst striker we have by some distance, so we can leave our only finisher on the bench because he’s not a big lad.

They all come out when we lose a couple.

This place is going to be nuts until March.

David O'Day

Up to the worst striker we have by some distance, so we can leave our only finisher on the bench because he’s not a big lad.

They all come out when we lose a couple.

This place is going to be nuts until March.

It's amazing how people react to losing 2-0 to the team top of the league that have loads of their PL team left.

The path to staying up was never likely to include dicking Norwich. Saturday on here will be fun.

Lets get the next couple of stinker games out the way and see where were are.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Tonight isnt but we are sliding fast and most owners would push a panic button

Ours don’t panic as they don’t really care what league we are in as all they care About is keeping the club in existence while the legalities play out
They changed manager 3 times in a relegation season a few years ago

johnwillomagic

Robins got tactics and formation completely wrong as did many for the Norwich game should never have played three at the back with wing backs it was a 4-3-3 formation for that match every day of the week.

Very surprised and disappointed Robins did not see that and instead had Shipley in as a makeshift wing back......

Hopefully lessons learned....anyhow onto the Brentford game....

cc84cov

Robins got tactics and formation completely wrong as did many for the Norwich game should never have played three at the back with wing backs it was a 4-3-3 formation for that match every day of the week.

Very surprised and disappointed Robins did not see that and instead had Shipley in as a makeshift wing back......

Hopefully lessons learned....anyhow onto the Brentford game....
How can he play a 433 with no left back ? Or did you want Shipley in a back 4 ? We should of recalled mason and played the 433

johnwillomagic

As I have said several times I would have played DaCosta there for this game he has played there before......I also would have had Osti in at Right Back to add some pace .....Hyam would have rested and would have played Rose and Fadz as centre back it is simple and made much more sense than the tripe and formation we did serve up.

cc84cov

As I have said several times I would have played DaCosta there for this game he has played there before......I also would have had Osti in at Right Back to add some pace .....Hyam would have rested and would have played Rose and Fadz as centre back it is simple and made much more sense than the tripe and formation we did serve up.
He could of possibly used DaCosta there and Pask right back yes I see that point I do agree tho wing backs need to go now it’s time to earn his money and get us going

D

Deleted member 11652

Problem is who plays wide? Sheaf can’t play left of a midfield 3. So it would be Hamer, James, Allen in the 3.

Up front that leaves o’hare behind Walker and Max I assume.

It leaves us with no width and effectively a diamond midfield which from past experience should give us nightmares.

So it would turn out to be nothing like a 4-3-3 in reality

cc84cov

Problem is who plays wide? Sheaf can’t play left of a midfield 3. So it would be Hamer, James, Allen in the 3.

It leaves us with no width and effectively a diamond midfield which from past experience should give us nightmares.

DaCosta and Giles ahead of dabo and McCallum would of been interesting

shmmeee

We’ve got no width anyway on our left.

We just don’t have the players. No target man, not enough pace and skill.

The best I can come up with is a three of O’Hare and Györkeres wider with Walker though the middle. But even that isn’t great and pushes O’Hare wider than I’d want.

D

Deleted member 11652

We’ve got no width anyway on our left.

We just don’t have the players. No target man, not enough pace and skill.

The best I can come up with is a three of O’Hare and Györkeres wider with Walker though the middle. But even that isn’t great and pushes O’Hare wider than I’d want.

Scary isn’t it I’ve no idea what Robins was thinking in January. What system did he think these players were going to fit?

Best I can imagine is a 3-5-2 with Hamer right, O’hare left and one of sheaf, Kelly or James holding. Downside of that is we have to play Max or Gyo

shmmeee

Scary isn’t it I’ve no idea what Robins was thinking in January. What system did he think these players were going to fit?

Best I can imagine is a 3-5-2 with Hamer right, O’hare left and one of sheaf, Kelly or James holding. Downside of that is we have to play Max or Gyo

Id like to see Györkeres and Walker together in a two. I mean why not, nothing else is working. Just want two players with a bit of strikers instinct on the pitch. At least then we might not be working it wide and crossing to O’Hare on his own all game.

David O'Day

Id like to see Györkeres and Walker together in a two. I mean why not, nothing else is working. Just want two players with a bit of strikers instinct on the pitch. At least then we might not be working it wide and crossing to O’Hare on his own all game.

Wingbacks and those 2 up front is the way to go on Saturday.

We are likely to lose even if we go defensive so might as well have a go.

shmmeee

Wingbacks and those 2 up front is the way to go on Saturday.

We are likely to lose even if we go defensive so might as well have a go.

Id rather lose 3-0 because we were caught on the break/cut open than see us lose 3-0 because we stuck ten men behind the ball for 80 minutes and still gifted them three goals.

Users who are viewing this thread