NotOnePennyMore (1 Viewer)

dadgad

Yep agree rob.

Well, that is to disregard the opinion of many that for the benefit of Ccfc it would be better if Sisu did one.

This isn't a random decision btw but based on five years of accumulated evidence.

In light of this "Not a Penny More" is logical, makes perfect sense and is based on wanting what is best for the club.

SkyBlueSwiss

Oh Dear!
Some more "I don't give a damn what anybody does to who as long as I can sit in my seat at 3pm on Saturday and watch football".
Narrow-minded is what I call this attitude, better know as "Grenduffying" or "Doing a Grendel". Still, each to their own.

You do know, do you not, that there are indeed more important things in this world that being able to sit in your seat at 3pm on Saturday and watch football?

RoboCCFC90

Well, that is to disregard the opinion of many that for the benefit of Ccfc it would be better if Sisu did one.

This isn't a random decision btw but based on five years of accumulated evidence.

In light of this "Not a Penny More" is logical, makes perfect sense and is based on wanting what is best for the club.

What is best for the club is supporting the players on the pitch, the reason people are coming up with this "Not a Penny More" rubbish has nothing to do with CCFC, it's to do with SISU, people don't want to line their pockets with cash, which I get but that is not supporting CCFC at all and is putting more strain on CCFC..

RoboCCFC90

Oh Dear!
Some more "I don't give a damn what anybody does to who as long as I can sit in my seat at 3pm on Saturday and watch football".
Narrow-minded is what I call this attitude, better know as "Grenduffying" or "Doing a Grendel". Still, each to their own.

You do know, do you not, that there are indeed more important things in this world that being able to sit in your seat at 3pm on Saturday and watch football?

Maybe to you, but to me I always love looking forward to 15:00 on a Saturday afternoon, I love my Football Club.

ajsccfc

Seeing as the end goal of any boycott or protest is a successful football team, that whole 'there are more important things' line works incredibly well as an argument against doing that too.

SkyBlueSwiss

Maybe to you, but to me I always love looking forward to 15:00 on a Saturday afternoon, I love my Football Club.

Did I say I didn't look forward to it?
No, I did not. I stated quite simply that there are more important consideration in this world than football, and I stand by that.

dadgad

What is best for the club is supporting the players on the pitch, the reason people are coming up with this "Not a Penny More" rubbish has nothing to do with CCFC, it's to do with SISU, people don't want to line their pockets with cash, which I get but that is not supporting CCFC at all and is putting more strain on CCFC..

Which in turn puts more pressure on the owners to leave and be replaced by people who have a clue.
After the last six years if you still think that these people are good for the club then you're either extremely stupid or extremely thick - you choose.

Grendel

Which in turn puts more pressure on the owners to leave and be replaced by people who have a clue.
After the last six years if you still think that these people are good for the club then you're either extremely stupid or extremely thick - you choose.

No he supports Coventry city so according to you he's a worm. Or is it scum? I so get the two of you mixed up.

bigfatronssba

This is exactly the sort of attitude that has got Ccfc where it is today. Successive owners have been allowed to get away with murder in destroying our club whilst the fans do nothing.

If we are still at the Ricoh with sisu in charge then I won't be going, but I can understand those that who do still go. If we move out of the city then I couldn't give a toss what happens to the team as it will no longer be the club I have supported all my life. I will however actively encourage a boycott of sisu owned companies as they are the destroyers.

Grendel

This is exactly the sort of attitude that has got Ccfc where it is today. Successive owners have been allowed to get away with murder in destroying our club whilst the fans do nothing.

If we are still at the Ricoh with sisu in charge then I won't be going, but I can understand those that who do still go. If we move out of the city then I couldn't give a toss what happens to the team as it will no longer be the club I have supported all my life. I will however actively encourage a boycott of sisu owned companies as they are the destroyers.

Many clubs have bad owners. Name one club where a fan protest made any difference to behaviour.

bigfatronssba

Many clubs have bad owners. Name one club where a fan protest made any difference to behaviour.

The original Wimbledon. Driven into administration by boycotting supporters.

Sky Blue Kid

Fair play to you. I don't get the point of this either, these people will no doubt complain if we don't sign many players this summer.

If SISU are still in charge for next season it will be....as it always has with them,(Championship)...Sell or let go decent players.................Relegation to
L1...let go 6 mediocre, low paid players, and bring in 8/9 shite, basic wage players........................This sounding familiar yet?:facepalm:

Grendel

I will check but I'm sure that is incorrect and even it was I don't think moving 70 miles north is success.

ajsccfc

This civil war (I care about the club and you don't if you don't do the same thing as me!) is still awful.

James Smith

Went to a Wimbledon game at Selhurst park during the boycott and I think we outnumbered their fans (certainly felt like it). As an away fan it made for a great atmosphere as we were the only people making any noise. Managed to miss the first goal though thanks to being late, heard a roar from the stadium and realised that we must have just netted one.

Grendel

Correct and people who do not do that every week (or any week in dadgads case) can not compare their views to those who do.

If they stay in Coventry ill be buying a season ticket the minute they are available.

hill83

I will check but I'm sure that is incorrect and even it was I don't think moving 70 miles north is success.

Yeah, you are right, either it didn't happen or had no real affect. Attendances dropped dramatically when they got relegated then when permission was granted to move the club they all rightly decided to stop going. Nothing to do with any sort of boycott.

Colin1883

Correct and people who do not do that every week (or any week in dadgads case) can not compare their views to those who do.

If they stay in Coventry ill be buying a season ticket the minute they are available.

Does that mean you won't be buying one if they leave Coventry?

honestken

if we stay at the ricoh i will get a season ticket again....................use me nephews id again and get an under 7 one for free again.

#NOTONEPENNYMORE

honestken

if we stay at the ricoh i will get a season ticket again....................use me nephews id again and get an under 7 one for free again.

#NOTONEPENNYMORE
though if we have new owners, i will gladly pay full price and offer to buy the season after 1 up front aswell.

RoboCCFC90

Your attitude I think is disgusting and is no way in support of Coventry City FC

bigfatronssba

Yeah, you are right, either it didn't happen or had no real affect. Attendances dropped dramatically when they got relegated then when permission was granted to move the club they all rightly decided to stop going. Nothing to do with any sort of boycott.

You best ask the administrator to change his official report then.

http://www.mkdsa.co.uk/index.php/dons-history/facts-of-the-move

Administrator stated the stay away fans led to financial disaster for WFC who lost £20,000 per day. *The decision to abandon WFC in favour of AFC Wimbledon had taken the club into administration.

RoboCCFC90

How has the pressure worked out so far? Relegation, lowest ever attendances, no ground and all fans willing to boycott SISU are still trying to hold on, all that pressure is obviously doing a lot of good..

bigfatronssba

Your attitude I think is disgusting and is no way in support of Coventry City FC

I think you abandoning your local club to support a Walsall based club is disgusting.

hill83

You best ask the administrator to change his official report then.

http://www.mkdsa.co.uk/index.php/dons-history/facts-of-the-move

Administrator stated the stay away fans led to financial disaster for WFC who lost £20,000 per day. *The decision to abandon WFC in favour of AFC Wimbledon had taken the club into administration.

After the confirmed PERMANANT relocation. A boycott didn't affect any decisions before this. So a boycott either failed or didn't happen.

bigfatronssba

After the confirmed PERMANANT relocation. A boycott didn't affect any decisions before this. So a boycott either failed or didn't happen.

It succeed in driving the traitors club into administration.

Had they done it earlier it may have been a different story.

hill83

It succeed in driving the traitors club into administration.

Had they done it earlier it may have been a different story.

No, it would have speeded up what eventually happened.
And a 'boycott' after your club have moved 60 miles away PERMANANTLY is a no brainer.

bigfatronssba

No, it would have speeded up what eventually happened.
And a 'boycott' after your club have moved 60 miles away PERMANANTLY is a no brainer.

So you think if we boycott Coventry City will move 60 miles away?

bigfatronssba

Ha! No you plank. I'm talking about their situation.

I'm not saying anyway that the boycott stopped the move. Just that a boycott can drive owners out.

dadgad

How has the pressure worked out so far? Relegation, lowest ever attendances, no ground and all fans willing to boycott SISU are still trying to hold on, all that pressure is obviously doing a lot of good..

This is an unprecedented situation.
Sisu are clueless, have no ability in terms of running anything from a bath to a football club.
They want the few thousand of fans that are left to follow the club away from the city.
"Not one penny more" offers the true fan and supporter an opportunity to send out a clear message of disapproval for this plan.

Sky Blue Kid

But it is true, don't buy shirts or tickets if you wish, but there goes revenue which would be used to fund wages, rent agreement, financial input on playing staff.. etc

That's your choice, starving the club out of spite on SISU is wrong.

What rent agreement?.......What financial input on playing staff?
4 years of paying for a ST....4 years of travelling 260 miles round trip to watch us play at the "Ricoh" as well as following the team all over the country....What happened to the money paid in by fans where did it go?....It certainly didn't go on good playing staff...It certainly didn't go on paying a legally binding Rent agreement did it!!!
I'll tell you where it went....SISU's arse pocket is where it went!:mad:
You can't starve CCFC when SISU have already killed it!

Users who are viewing this thread