Match ThreadĀ Nottingham Forest (H) (5 Viewers)

hill83

looked once and saw someone calling people c*nts for not agreeing that the signings were all shit, left it alone then šŸ˜†

Same. Had few beers and just been reminded itā€™s Sunday. Toxic on here. ā€œIā€™m off social mediaā€ is the talk of the town. This is social media.
Ā 

BackRoomRummermill

you may be right. He was extravagantly bad but not fair (of me) to be writing him off

He was dangerously bad and when itā€™s like that itā€™s time to save the poor lad - before he made an irreversible mistake. He will learn from it - get used to people rather than cardboard cutouts
Ā 
Reactions: COV

COV

Same. Had few beers and just been reminded itā€™s Sunday. Toxic on here. ā€œIā€™m off social mediaā€ is the talk of the town. This is social media.

not gonna moan about it as itā€™s been too good of a day, but youā€™re dead right.
Ā 

NortonSkyBlue

That was a glorious early evening and what an atmosphere! so unlike a Coventry City home game.
From the twist and shout at 55 minutes through to the players leaving the pitch it was special and in my opinion one of the very best at the stadium.
Considering we were behind it was a monumental effort which yielded the result it deserved. Bravo to all concerned, I may be wrong but Forest fans were vocal but ran out of steam, as did their team.
The less said about the game time comments on this thread the better.
Ā 

COV

That was a glorious early evening and what an atmosphere! so unlike a Coventry City home game.
From the twist and shout at 55 minutes through to the players leaving the pitch it was special and in my opinion one of the very best at the stadium.
Considering we were behind it was a monumental effort which yielded the result it deserved. Bravo to all concerned, I may be wrong but Forest fans were vocal but ran out of steam, as did their team.

not heard support like that at the CBS.. potentially ever.
Ā 

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't appreciate the finer points of football, happy to trust those in the know to make the magic happen and just follow the team and try to enjoy the ride. Today, blimy. Going from almost dispair at half time ... to the absolute bliss of turing it around and winning in the dying embers - it did the homecoming plus the memory of Curtis proud. F'k me, this was another emotional ride that has been my experience of being a City fan. This club will be the death of me one day but I'll thank them in advance for it being so eventful.
You and me both Reg! Old farts like us can't cope with all this excitement! Like you, I don't pretend to understand the finer points of the game. Formations mean sod all to me. There's 11 v 11 on the pitch. Just go for it! When I played it was always kept simple. Goalie, Right-back, Left-back, Left-half, Right-half, Centre-half, Inside-right, Inside-left, Outside-right, Outside-Left, Centre-forward. That's 11 positions. Pitch covered! Can't be arsed with all these fancy formations. Once the whistle goes everyone runs around anyway so the pretty formations soon break up! Anyway, apart from my old farty moaning, well done lads! Really pleased with the result today! PUSB!
Ā 

COV

Robins: ā€œsome of the players, itā€™s their first game here , and theyā€™ve had a taste now of what our fans are like, because theyā€™re desperate to back you, if you give them something theyā€™ll latch onto it, and they were absolutely fantastic todayā€
šŸ‘šŸ‘
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins: ā€œsome of the players, itā€™s their first game here , and theyā€™ve had a taste now of what our fans are like, because theyā€™re desperate to back you, if you give them something theyā€™ll latch onto it, and they were absolutely fantastic todayā€
šŸ‘šŸ‘

Must be a bit surreal even for those who have played there before in the League 2 days
Ā 

stay_up_skyblues

I think the Forest fans went mute because the play turned and they had an idea that an equaliser was coming. A key difference today was our fansā€™ reaction to conceding versus theirs. And on that note I had forgotten how good we are at responding to going a goal down. Few teams I recall have fans who immediately respond by getting the chants going. This does tend to happen at the arena, under MR anyway. Sterling effort from the support today.
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

Il be honest I didn't take much notice of the defensive side of his game , any good lol ?

Given he's spent most his time playing as a winger or attacking midfielder I'd be surprised if he had one, with his delicate injury history not sure I'd want him put in those sorts of positions. Today fine though as he wasn't really pressurised
Ā 

Otis

Letā€™s judge everything off one game. Our first competitive game of the season. Letā€™s write players off and also call others world beaters. Letā€™s judge partnerships in specific positions. Letā€™s know more than the management.

Park life
The lyrics are different on my album cover.
Ā 

steve cooper

I'm sure there will be posters who won't agree with me on this, but it seems to me that the pattern of today's game is familiar since MR became manager.
A number of times in games of importance we have played the first half slowly, saving energy, and have come out in the second half with high intensity when the opposition are tiring. At half time It looks as if we are playing badly but it seems to work.
Games like the L2 playoff final against Exeter spring to mind, and there have been other examples.
It doesn't explain some of the sloppy passing, and their goal obviously wasn't in the script, but it did seem to me to be a tactic we have seen before.
Ā 

junglej13

A lot of people ripping into Dacosta I believe he was really affected by the occasion , the crowd etc . The foul throw rushed summed it up , a lot of pressure today for him
Didn't think DaCosta was as bad as some have made out. He wasn't great by any stretch but 1st half I honestly don't think anyone was. We improved when he went off but that was because we had a settled back 3 with Rose back in - Rose btw played very well. DaCosta's foul throw was ridiculous though and he does a borderline foul throw every game.
Ā 

SeaSeeEffCee

Sheaf is still getting torn to shreds on Facebook. Genuinely hate 90% of our fanbase, utterly clueless wankers.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
People made their minds up a year ago and will now look for any justification to keep at it. Can only really think of two instances of him giving th ball away in the middle of the park, and neither were in particulalrly dangerous areas but if you listened to what some are saying you'd have thought he passed it to a Forest player every time he had the ball. Third best player in Sky Blue today behind McFadzean and O'Hare.
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm sure there will be posters who won't agree with me on this, but it seems to me that the pattern of today's game is familiar since MR became manager.
A number of times in games of importance we have played the first half slowly, saving energy, and have come out in the second half with high intensity when the opposition are tiring. At half time It looks as if we are playing badly but it seems to work.
Games like the L2 playoff final against Exeter spring to mind, and there have been other examples.
It doesn't explain some of the sloppy passing, and their goal obviously wasn't in the script, but it did seem to me to be a tactic we have seen before.

Perhaps food for thought for Hughton in resting on that one goal lead. A bit like England at the Euros if you've got the advantage and the opposition's sort of playing into your hands why change your approach and allow them back in?
Ā 

stay_up_skyblues

Very fair assessment on MRā€™s tenure i think, which makes the first half meltdowns three years in all the more laughable.
Ā 

PVA

Il be honest I didn't take much notice of the defensive side of his game , any good lol ?

Didn't have anything to do as Forest did what they/Hughton always does and just tried to hang on.

I doubt it's a long term option except for cases like today where we're chasing a game (and even then I think it was only because Maatsen went off injured/cramp).
Ā 

PVA

Sheaf was poor first half (certainly wasn't alone in that), but very good second half.

That outside of the foot pass to Maatsen šŸ¤¤
Ā 

Moff

Eldest keeps up her 100% record watching us. Youngest starts her own, despite being on her iPad all second half sheā€™s come out absolutely buzzing and canā€™t wait to go back. Love watching new fans being made. By the time they realise we donā€™t always win theyā€™ll be hooked mwahahahaha

Love that.

I went with my daughter, just turned 16 who is a big fan, and took my mum as well who used to follow us round the country in the 60ā€™s with my late dad. He would have loved it today.
My mum was pleased to be there to pay her respects to George Curtis, club captain when she became a fan.

In the next block was my son and all his mates. Just glad we were all there, and proud my family are all Sky blue.
Ā 

COV

Perhaps food for thought for Hughton in resting on that one goal lead. A bit like England at the Euros if you've got the advantage and the opposition's sort of playing into your hands why change your approach and allow them back in?

agree with the caveat that I think they were genuinely knackered as well, not too sure they had much left in the tank
Ā 

COV

Thought he had a decent game. Nothing special, but equally- nothing to say he's out of his depth at this level.

on the contrary, he looks eminently capable of delivering at this level.

he was way better than Hamer and I would guess heā€™s not getting slated- i donā€™t want him to be but itā€™s ridiculous if Sheaf is taking flak.
Ā 
Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

agree with the caveat that I think they were genuinely knackered as well, not too sure they had much left in the tank

They had quite a few cramping up near the end but it's been similar for both teams with cancelled friendlies
Ā 

fatso

Sheaf was poor first half (certainly wasn't alone in that), but very good second half.

That outside of the foot pass to Maatsen šŸ¤¤
That was a great pass, as was Jones's first pass
Some players just needed to settle down and get their composure, Sheaf was a far better player second half.
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread