Novak Djokovic (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I assumed he was told he could enter , then there was a government change of mind ? Could be wrong

JAM See

He's flown in to a city which had some of the most stringent lockdown restrictions in the world, putting to one side the rights or wrongs, I can imagine how much someone getting an exemption would piss the locals off.
He should have said he had flown to Australia to get his eyes tested.

Problem solved.

skybluetony176

I assumed he was told he could enter , then there was a government change of mind ? Could be wrong
Apparently the international tennis association (whatever they’re called) tried to self certify him as medically exempt thinking they could blag him in only to get there and it wouldn’t wash. Basically everyone involved thought they were exempt from the same controls as normals because of who they were. That will learned them.

Mucca Mad Boys

We're nowhere near the levels of vaccination required to protect the country yet.

The disease doesn't just impact the very old or the infirm so just having high levels of vaccination there isn't particularly relevant. Unless there's high take up across the board, transmission will still be rife, and yet more variants likely.

Again, the best way of getting away from lockdowns is surely going to be to get everyone who can be vaccinated, vaccinated.

People who refuse to vaccinate based on some spurious, irrational, fallacious logic, need to see that it's just making it a longer, harder, path to normality.

I don’t agree with anti-vaxxers at all but I respect their right to be idiots.

Ok, at what number of vaccinations do we turnaround and commit to normality?

The Government is relaxing testing requirements, reducing testing from travellers, reducing the self-isolation period. With that in mind, you’d think our Government is more or less ready to ‘live with COVID’.

The NHS will be strained, but every flu season strains the NHS - something I remember reading about doing my A-Levels.

Skybluefaz

“I know some people that, through energetical transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they managed to turn the most toxic food, or maybe most polluted water into the most healing water, because water reacts. Scientists have proven that in experiment, that molecules in the water react to our emotions to what has been said,” Djokovic said.

David O'Day

He advised Tennis Australia why he should be exempted from the requirements for an Australian visa. They accepte dthis as gospel but the federal government are actually ones who control entry to the country asked for proof that backs up his medical exemption. He was unable or unwilling to so they refused him entry as is the right of any government in control their own borders.

fuck the horrid weird c**t anyway

Sick Boy

“I know some people that, through energetical transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they managed to turn the most toxic food, or maybe most polluted water into the most healing water, because water reacts. Scientists have proven that in experiment, that molecules in the water react to our emotions to what has been said,” Djokovic said.
Fucking hell.

AOM

I hope he's let Severn Trent know about this

SkyBlue_Bear83

It looks to me like the Australian Open tennis organisers gave him an exemption to compete in the tournament, and then the Australian Government were like hold on a minute, we haven't given him permission to enter the country.

Grendel

Apparently he's now saying he was given exemption?

It would appear he’s claiming he tested positive in December - there is some debate about that

David O'Day

So he's using the previous infection excuse for exemption in a country what only allows an exemption for previous infection for it's own citizens and not foreigners?

NorthernWisdom

So he's using the previous infection excuse for exemption in a country what only allows an exemption for previous infection for it's own citizens and not foreigners?
tbf, the tennis authorities classed such a thing as a valid reason to get an exemption. It appears at first glance that they may have been a bit lax, in their desperation to get the stars into the country.

David O'Day

tbf, the tennis authorities classed such a thing as a valid reason to get an exemption. It appears at first glance that they may have been a bit lax, in their desperation to get the stars into the country.

The Federal governments argument is they control the borders and a 2nd player has had their visa cancelled over the same thing. Yeah Tennis Australia seem to have been granting exemptions it shouldn't of granted.

chiefdave

This is an interesting read, nothing suspicious at all about the date of his claimed positive test and subsequent negative test:

jordan210

Apart from Ads crazy covid rules. Thats for another thread.

Some of this I would guess is very political against Serbia. As they are currently looking to suspend a mining deal worth $2.4 Billion for lithium with an Australian company

chiefdave

Apart from Ads crazy covid rules. Thats for another thread.

Some of this I would guess is very political against Serbia. As they are currently looking to suspend a mining deal worth $2.4 Billion for lithium with an Australian company
Could be but there was also absolute uproar from Australians when they thought he was getting an exemption. Given that fully vaccinated Australian citizens have struggled to get into the country over the last couple of years given how tight the rules are / were not surprising they weren't happy when an anti-vaxxer looked like he was being waved through.

tisza

This is an interesting read, nothing suspicious at all about the date of his claimed positive test and subsequent negative test:
Speaking from experience of having done a fair bit of business in Serbia any document is buyable!!

Nick

Administrator
The fuck is Farage doing? Hope he gets a piss dribble down his yellow chinos and it goes viral.

Users who are viewing this thread