Nuneaton Boro (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

V odd. This DA Capital firm don’t seem to particularly exist - there’s a website but the Company is dormant and has been since inception. Robert Tidmarsh, rather impressively, managed to go from a customer service representative at Thomas Cook to brokering million-pound football investment deals. Can’t be arsed to look into the other one.

Something clearly dodgy happening.

wingy

V odd. This DA Capital firm don’t seem to particularly exist - there’s a website but the Company is dormant and has been since inception. Robert Tidmarsh, rather impressively, managed to go from a customer service representative at Thomas Cook to brokering million-pound football investment deals. Can’t be arsed to look into the other one.

Something clearly dodgy happening.
Any advantage of switching the shares out and then back again?

Terry Gibson's perm

Unless you have money to throw away I can’t see why you would bother buying a club at this level it must be far more hassle than it’s worth.

Robinshio

Unless you have money to throw away I can’t see why you would bother buying a club at this level it must be far more hassle than it’s worth.
you either go big or go home - if you have enough to make them a league club in say 5 years, then maybe, but small change will always get eaten up = It is a bit like the argument for a championship owner is only worth it if they get promoted

Nick

Administrator
Ground sharing with barwell.

Are their stadium owners wanting to sell it for development or something?

Terry Gibson's perm

Ground sharing with barwell.

Are their stadium owners wanting to sell it for development or something?

I would think so most of the area nearby has been done already, shame when the ground was built they didn’t put a thing in that stops it being anything else.

Terry Gibson's perm

Lost on penalties after drawing 2-2 quite a lively game with the attendance given as 882, we were late getting in as there were long queues at the turnstiles

CovInEssex

For it's size, Nuneaton have been rubbish for about 20 years.
Mansfield, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Tamworth are all examples towns with a lower population than Nuneaton that have much better football clubs.

I imagine a new club will be born in the coming days/weeks. (again)

Terry Gibson's perm

Mansfield, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Tamworth are all examples towns with a lower population than Nuneaton that have much better football clubs.

It’s a big town full of people who follow other teams as they have moved to the area. Loads of our fans here and lots to Villa fans, I thought they never tried to attract fans of other clubs enough with things like different kick off times

alexccfc99

Playing where though? They’ve been told no entity of NBFC will be allowed back at Liberty Way according to their statement

Flying Fokker

They lost all players?

Terry Gibson's perm

Playing where though? They’ve been told no entity of NBFC will be allowed back at Liberty Way according to their statement

When they moved to Barwell I thought they might have gone to the Pingles (if that’s to standard). I can’t see they starting again this time previous times they had a ground.

CovInEssex

It’s a big town full of people who follow other teams as they have moved to the area. Loads of our fans here and lots to Villa fans, I thought they never tried to attract fans of other clubs enough with things like different kick off times

Plenty of people in Nuneaton are Nuneaton born and bread. But yes, the club have never attracted locals enough.

alexccfc99

Plenty of people in Nuneaton are Nuneaton born and bread. But yes, the club have never attracted locals enough.
88,000 people - For context the biggest place never to have had a league side is Wakefield with a population of 109,000

It’s going to be a big old place to not have a football team

wingy

They did have an event years ago didn't they led to a name alteration in deed but not by locals?

Users who are viewing this thread