Nuneaton Boro (1 Viewer)

fatso

Why won't the land lords let them play there?
Because they didn't pay their rent, the owner was as dodgy as fuck, and the landlord is owed a fortune.

The land is far more valuable if the landlord can sell it for development. But that will require a change in the covenant which covers the land, but with the Borough out the way, that covenant may well be changed.

Rumour has it the club is in debt to the tune of £750k, and has zero assets. So it's highly unlikely that there's anyone out there willing to take on that amount of debt whilst continuing to fund mounting losses.

SBAndy

Because they didn't pay their rent, the owner was as dodgy as fuck, and the landlord is owed a fortune.

The land is far more valuable if the landlord can sell it for development. But that will require a change in the covenant which covers the land, but with the Borough out the way, that covenant may well be changed.

Rumour has it the club is in debt to the tune of £750k, and has zero assets. So it's highly unlikely that there's anyone out there willing to take on that amount of debt whilst continuing to fund mounting losses.

Do you know for a fact that the landlord is “owed a fortune”? Only the rental figure I’ve been told is fairy measly in the grand scheme of things. We may just have different interpretations of fortune.

fernandopartridge

I wonder does the closer proximity of the CBS arena to Nuneaton draw more people from Nuneaton than would have attended Highfield Road?

fatso

Do you know for a fact that the landlord is “owed a fortune”? Only the rental figure I’ve been told is fairy measly in the grand scheme of things. We may just have different interpretations of fortune.
I know for a fact that the landlord was owed significant rent. I was told a fortune, but what that means in reality is anyones guess.

I also know that following eviction an offer was made to make a payment to cover the outstanding rent, and to pay up to the end of the season. This offer was rejected by the landlord.

Apparently the anual rent was very low considering the potential value of the land, (due to covenants restricting its use) so I'm guessing that may have an significant reason behind the landlords decision.
If he can get said covenant lifted he laughing.

stupot07

88,000 people - For context the biggest place never to have had a league side is Wakefield with a population of 109,000

It’s going to be a big old place to not have a football team

To be fair Nuneaton has Coventry (5.3), Leicester (14.6), Villa (18) and Blues (17.7) all working 20 miles of it.

Wakefield has Leeds, Barnsley, Bradford, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Doncaster and Sheffield all within 20 minutes.

As someone said earlier, it's very much a town split by Villa and Cov in particular in terms of local team support.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Robinshio

To be fair Nuneaton has Coventry (5.3), Leicester (14.6), Villa (18) and Blues (17.7) all working 20 miles of it.

Wakefield has Leeds, Barnsley, Bradford, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Doncaster and Sheffield all within 20 minutes.

As someone said earlier, it's very much a town split by Villa and Cov in particular in terms of local team support.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
and lots of pigeon fanciers in the natives, with those moving in already having allegiances elsewhere

Terry Gibson's perm

Well it didn’t take long for the talk of a Phoenix club the current one isn’t even cold yet.

Users who are viewing this thread