Match Thread Nuneaton Town Match Thread (5.45PM Sunday) (1 Viewer)

Cavan O'Doherty

Not if the money goes to charity. But fair enough. No bottle even though it would only be my money at risk.

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif
You keep your money pal. We can have a gentlemans bet to say I told you so at the end of the season:emoji_thumbsup:

Nick

Administrator
Jones is way too predictable and wasn't very good. Bit better on the right and a good finish bit every time he got it, he slowed down play and turned back.

Nice work by Finn, ponti and camwell in lead up to the goal.

Our midfield was pretty non existent and Billy Daniels looked better than Stevenson.

Ponticelli had a couple of good chances, unlucky with one that hit the bar.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Verdict;

Only Beavon, DKE and possibly Jones would have come out of that with a chance of being in the starting line up v Notts County

Trialist did well. Difficult to say what robins thinks though as I said the same about Moorhouse and hoped we'd go on to sign him but didn't.

Our left side only opened up when a Camwell came on. Surprised he didn't start. Hope he's our back up for LB in the real season and not Leahy!!

Had forgot about Hyam being a new signing. Seemed to do OK, I guess!

Stevenson was very disappointing. Not sure if it's his injury that's stopped him performing? Hope not and it's a blip he can get over

Jones took his goal well, played a few good balls, probably as many bad ones. But he will be useful. Didn't seem to do as many step overs today, but did spent a lot of time passing backwards, but that may have been because he had Leahy on his side

stevefloyd

I thought Jones done ok tonight, he is a winger and by there very nature they are in and out of games! Scored a cracking goal and remember he is still only 19. Ponticelli is definitely not our saviour yet, I think he could do with a spell at somewhere like the Boro' to help wirh his progress for a month or so. I reckon Leahy was given 1 last chance to see what he could do but I reckon Camwell could be on the bench next week as cover for Stokes.
Beavon worked hard tonight and took his goal well, RCC looked steady enough in goal but nobody else really stood out for me

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Good to see Robins praising Ponticelli and saying he's certainly done everything right to come into his plans for next week (even if I did omit him from my verdict)

he seems to be handling ponti right, ease him in but ponti is doing his best show MR he can be selected as another attacking option, i really hope the kid does well this season and pushes on he sounds like he has his footballing head screwed on and puts in a shift when needed.

Mcbean

Right team it's late I have had no dinner just a Toblerone and a beer - there are no players here in the middle of nowhere in the Czech Republic - did we win ? I saw mention of a Jones goal

vow

Right team it's late I have had no dinner just a Toblerone and a beer - there are no players here in the middle of nowhere in the Czech Republic - did we win ? I saw mention of a Jones goal
won 2-1 Jones with a screamer to win it.

Mcbean

Thanks no brains left to surf -see the women won as well great- looking forward to breakfast

itsabuzzard

Stevenson caught in possession, 7 for Nuneaton gets into the box, crosses despite pressure from DKE, trialist gets a head into it and sends it goalwards. RCC parties before collecting.
If RCC had time to party, then it must have been a pretty feeble effort.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

wingy

Yeah and Tobelerones aren't what they used to be!

Nick

Administrator
What's the deal with the music volume and their announcer announcing people expecting a cheer?

Adge

Rcc,the trialist,Kelly Evans and Beavon all caught the eye but Beavon was our best player on the night. Stevenson didn't really notice him so not sure if that is good or bad? It seems the hype around him has now gone as was when he first came into the team. I guess many people are always looking for somebody to hang there hopes on. Lots of debate regarding Jones who on the day scored a good goal but also passed to the opposition numerous times and blazed three or four over the bar, a bit of a mixed bag. Is obviously still very raw, has the attributes, pace etc, but will never make a footballer at a higher level unless he can add an end product to his game. We seen the same numerous times last season but with the right coaching that may come. Not sure if we are talking coaching that he will get the right coaching here though.

Users who are viewing this thread