Observations from today... (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

1. The team was set up not to lose
2. Bayliss wide right isn’t working and we either play him central or place him on the bench. Shoe horning him isn’t right.
3. We are a young team and lack experience and game savvy but that will come with experience.
4. We won’t make the play offs this season and I think if we do we won’t handle two play off games with massive pressure on these young players.
5. Robins needs next season and bring a couple of ‘dogs’ in to help these kids.
6. Another season and an extra year will help the players and will be a leaning curve they will benefit from.
7. We need an experienced keeper who will direct this back four.
8. CCFC have fantastic support spoilt by a few idiots.

Sick Boy

Good post! I like to see passion from the supporters but we are going to end up getting fines and clamped down upon at this rate.

Cov kid 55

2. Bayliss wide right isn’t working and we either play him central or place him on the bench. Shoe horning him isn’t right.
3. We are a young team and lack experience and game savvy but that will come with experience.
4. We won’t make the play offs this season and I think if we do we won’t handle two play off games with massive pressure on these young players.
6. Another season and an extra year will help the players and will be a leaning curve they will benefit from.
Agree with a lot of this, apart from two key points - I think we will make the play-offs, and I think we will win a two legged semi. Don’t ask me how we would do in the final! PUSB!!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Some good points made here. I still thing going up is best plan though.
Agree with point 8 as well.
I actually met a few nice City fans today there and back also based in Manchester. We can well do without those few idiots however.

Adge

Hats off to the bloke who made it to the centre circle though!

Esoterica

I did laugh for a while at JCH going down injured after a fan accidentally stood on his foot in the goal celebration. I say 'a while', but of course it only lasted about 60 seconds.

pastythegreat

Yes, people's obsession with running on the pitch when we score is embarrassing really!
Also the flare throwers. The ref was clearly holding the game up for the flare to be put out, so as it was going out, what now? I know, I'll throw another! Idiot!
Couple of fucking Muppets stood behind me came flying over the top of my 9yo lad during celebration. My lad looked petrified and was lucky not to get hurt. (acidently) managed to kick one in the ribs during my own celebration though! c**t.

TewkesburySkyBlue

A couple points. Those bloody idiot pitch invader / smoke throwers should be named and shamed and banned for life. Secondly as someone said on CWR I really hope we get NCFC at Wembley so we can get sweet revenge. No way we deserved to lose despite all our hortcomings.

IODRINKELL

Agree with all apart from 8.
We have fantastic support but spoilt by lots of idiots.

Good day out yesterday apart from chavs setting off flares at the pub, then throwing bottles and chairs at the police.
Flares in the ground, and pitch invasion..grow up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Agree with all apart from 8.
We have fantastic support but spoilt by lots of idiots.

Good day out yesterday apart from chavs setting off flares at the pub, then throwing bottles and chairs at the police.
Flares in the ground, and pitch invasion..grow up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was inside when that happened, was that all about-something to do with the tit with the drum?

Otis

giphy.gif

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Yeah, I was inside when that happened, was that all about-something to do with the tit with the drum?
It was but to be honest, we were stood outside the whole time and it was very poor policing and decision making.
After the flare set off, which they rightly came in and took out the 3 lads on this, there was no direct reason to come in and remove the individual with the drum.
He should have probably walked outside with the police officer when he came in but they grabbed him and he foolishly tried to resist this and then a young girl was dragged down by the coppers and that’s why it flared up.

To be fair, at the time, the fans were not being moronic and the police had no reason to come in, I spoke with one experienced (old) officer standing in there and he wasn’t sure why they had come in, the other coppers were all a lot younger with one giving the bs excuse that they saw something that warranted them to come in, I asked what and he said that was with his colleague who made the call, the head of that unit should asses his decision making in relation to this. Once it kicked off, our fans should not have thrown the glasses and it was one chair.

lifelongcityfan

totally agree about the idiots...seems that a fare few go to notts county, probably because they think they will get a free reign and no opposing fans etc - i saw two occasions where pissed up chavs where having a go at their own fans...totally embarrassing.

eastwoodsdustman

totally agree about the idiots...seems that a fare few go to notts county, probably because they think they will get a free reign and no opposing fans etc - i saw two occasions where pissed up chavs where having a go at their own fans...totally embarrassing.
I had the pleasure of having a total Bellend sat /stood near me. Probably late 40s or early 50s and just started arguing and threatening anyone around him. It nearly ended in a fight when he started threatening and gobbling off at a young kid . Worse bit was that none of his six mates tried to stop him. Does that make them as bad?

Ashdown

I had the pleasure of having a total Bellend sat /stood near me. Probably late 40s or early 50s and just started arguing and threatening anyone around him. It nearly ended in a fight when he started threatening and gobbling off at a young kid . Worse bit was that none of his six mates tried to stop him. Does that make them as bad?
Probably scared of him ?

pastythegreat

It was but to be honest, we were stood outside the whole time and it was very poor policing and decision making.
After the flare set off, which they rightly came in and took out the 3 lads on this, there was no direct reason to come in and remove the individual with the drum.
He should have probably walked outside with the police officer when he came in but they grabbed him and he foolishly tried to resist this and then a young girl was dragged down by the coppers and that’s why it flared up.

To be fair, at the time, the fans were not being moronic and the police had no reason to come in, I spoke with one experienced (old) officer standing in there and he wasn’t sure why they had come in, the other coppers were all a lot younger with one giving the bs excuse that they saw something that warranted them to come in, I asked what and he said that was with his colleague who made the call, the head of that unit should asses his decision making in relation to this. Once it kicked off, our fans should not have thrown the glasses and it was one chair.
Oh ok.... bad decision making. Well I excuse the glasses being thrown now.
If we'd of all known the police made a bad decision we wouldn't of minded the glasses being thrown. And only one chair you say? Well that's ok as I was under the impression it was chair(s). But just one? That's fine, all is forgiven!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Oh ok.... bad decision making. Well I excuse the glasses being thrown now.
If we'd of all known the police made a bad decision we wouldn't of minded the glasses being thrown. And only one chair you say? Well that's ok as I was under the impression it was chair(s). But just one? That's fine, all is forgiven!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Don’t be silly now, I was providing the facts, nothing more and my last line says that they shouldn’t have thrown the glasses but they wouldn’t have been thrown without inappropriate police intervention. I am not condoning it at all, flares should not have been set off at the pub and that was dealt with very well by the police. I am not anti the police, the guy they came in to take out should have walked out with them and spoken to them calmly about the reason for his removal, he didn’t which is what caused the trouble.

shy_tall_knight

Had corporate hospitality yesterday, quite a different experience
1- like Notts county, like their ground city centre site, traditional stands, fans are very passionate, great atmosphere in 3 of the 4 stands yesterday, the club owners and the fans are united, £20 was cost of the ticket in their main stand, matchday experience at Meadow Lane far superior to the Ricoh IMO
2 Met Killer strange hat, spoke to jon Stead and relived his goal at London Road (it was the only one I could remember)
3 It was an ugly game, although we lost I think football was the loser also, ref lost control of the game and stopped blowing for fouls towards the end, the players made the ref's job very difficult, Ameobi & McNulty were persistently fouling when contesting long balls, how nobody was sent off was beyond me. Spoke to Tom Bayliss after the game and his response was "it was a brutal game" some of the players looked like they'd been in a boxing match.
5 I thought Grimmer was the worst city player struggled defensively and his crossing was poor as well as trying to take on players for pace that were clearly faster than him, agree with a lot that Bayliss is wasted out right, Hyam did one of the worst passes possible kicking it straight into touch when they were under pressure, JCH kept on going deep and had a free header he put 20 feet wide.
6 Play offs !!! can this team cope with pressure ? conceding so soon after we equalized

SlowerThanPlatt

1- like Notts county, like their ground city centre site, traditional stands, fans are very passionate, great atmosphere in 3 of the 4 stands yesterday, the club owners and the fans are united, £20 was cost of the ticket in their main stand, matchday experience at Meadow Lane far superior to the Ricoh IMO
2 Met Killer strange hat, spoke to jon Stead and relived his goal at London Road (it was the only one I could remember)
3 It was an ugly game, although we lost I think football was the loser also, ref lost control of the game and stopped blowing for fouls towards the end, the players made the ref's job very difficult, Ameobi & McNulty were persistently fouling when contesting long balls, how nobody was sent off was beyond me. Spoke to Tom Bayliss after the game and his response was "it was a brutal game" some of the players looked like they'd been in a boxing match.
5 I thought Grimmer was the worst city player struggled defensively and his crossing was poor as well as trying to take on players for pace that were clearly faster than him, agree with a lot that Bayliss is wasted out right, Hyam did one of the worst passes possible kicking it straight into touch when they were under pressure, JCH kept on going deep and had a free header he put 20 feet wide.
6 Play offs !!! can this team cope with pressure ? conceding so soon after we equalized

Think you mean Davies? Hyam was on the bench yesterday

johnwillomagic

Hyam didn't play (point 5) give the lad some stick mind! I think you may be meaning Tom Davies who did and then missed a free header from 8 yards
at death of game it was not one of Davies's better performance but I do think he was giving his all just not coming off for him on the day.

Winny the Bish

One thing I will disagree with on this is that I don't think we have a young team at all. Apart from the 18 & 20 year-olds on the wings, everyone else is 24 and older, including the CM duo with a combined age of 64. You think they'd have enough "game savvy" but it was one of them who helped give the ball away for one of their goals.

rob9872

Can't believe you thought Grimmer was our worst player STK I thought one of our best, particularly going forward.

fatso

Good post, but. Regarding point 1, that’s been the Robbins way from the start of the season, playing two defensive midfielders who drop deeper and deeper as the game goes on until we end up with a flat back 6, And with no natural ball carrier (now jones is injured). We can’t break with pace, and the front 2 get starved of service.

ccfcway

i dont get the need to run onto the pitch when we score.

its a crazy as players feeling the need to take their top off when they score.

Speedies_Chips

What happened to point 4 ? :)

Warwickhunt

Don't suppose the pitch invaders think for one second that the delay they caused only manages to let Notts County to regroup and get their shit together where as our players still hade the heads up their arses when they attacked and scored

pusbccfc

Can't believe you thought Grimmer was our worst player STK I thought one of our best, particularly going forward.

Grimmer is ridiculously overrated.

He is poor going forward. Not one assist all season from a supposedly attacking full back.

Grendel

Grimmer is ridiculously overrated.

He is poor going forward. Not one assist all season from a supposedly attacking full back.

How many has Haynes had?

Users who are viewing this thread