Observations from today... (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

Watched Lincoln today. They have got their shit together and made the shrews look like relegation fodder. We will struggle against them at home methinks

rob9872

Great individual goal v Stoke too.

pastythegreat

How many has Haynes had?
According to Fox Sports stats,
Haynes has no goals and 1 assist in 18 games (15 starts)
Grimmer has 1 goal (remember all the way back to Grimsby away) and 0 assists in 37 games.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

I get the impression if one or two players don’t stop the stupid pathetic mistakes there finished with this club at the end of the season.

I see another high turnover of players this close season by selling a key player to raise funds for overhaul of the squad.

Grendel

According to Fox Sports stats,
Haynes has no goals and 1 assist in 18 games (15 starts)
Grimmer has 1 goal (remember all the way back to Grimsby away) and 0 assists in 37 games.

Grimmer has 2 goals

Grendel

One against Grimsby and.........

As the stats I've given are league games please don't say stoke, a goal in a competition were no longer in is irrelevant!

So are assists - they are utterly irrelevant and a stat from FIFA games - a goal against a premier league team means a bit more

CovBurty

We should make the play offs. Then we find out if this squad has got the bottle. Notts Co. mugged that win. Hoof ball cut out our midfield for periods of the game. Ref lost control of game very early, clearly another Muppet ref. We do have a group of nutter fans who are off their tits it comes with being from Cov, we are angry people (not an excuse) just sayin. If we dont get promoted this year history will repeat itself with these owners and national league status is assured within 2/3 seasons of failure. Agree MR has his failings but he managed to give us a chance of promotion, he's the only thing we have left at this club to keep it alive. Wait til end of season before you judge him. 5 more battles yet, then you can moan all you want. I'm waiting.

pusbccfc

So are assists - they are utterly irrelevant and a stat from FIFA games - a goal against a premier league team means a bit more

The point is, both our left backs are ineffective in creating goals. Considering for large parts of the season we've played with a defensive midfield, that's disappointing.

While at times I understand the criticism of Haynes, the lack of criticism towards Grimmer is surprising. A lot of people consider him as our player of the season.

Grendel

The point is, both our left backs are ineffective in creating goals. Considering for large parts of the season we've played with a defensive midfield, that's disappointing.

While at times I understand the criticism of Haynes, the lack of criticism towards Grimmer is surprising. A lot of people consider him as our player of the season.

I don’t see why a defensive midfield means you judge full backs more on attaching ability. If you play a flat back four they need to have defending as a priority always.

pusbccfc

I don’t see why a defensive midfield means you judge full backs more on attaching ability. If you play a flat back four they need to have defending as a priority always.

Because Doyle and Kelly play so deep. Having two painfully slow wide players in Shipley and Vincenti, our full backs overlap and are therefore a part of our attack.

Grimmer is without doubt better defensively than Haynes, but he's as poor going forward. His crossing is woeful.

Esoterica

Grimmer is a slightly above average League 2 fullback. Short passing in the final third is laborious, his crossing is a lottery and he is beaten to the byline by his winger more often than not. He is a willing runner with a great engine on him though. He's looked good for us because his talents suit our counterattacking style but any time he's come up against a proper winger, which is rare in this league, or whenever he's had time on the ball, he disappoints.

pastythegreat

Means a bit more personally to him yes, and the fans enjoyed it momentarily. But it hasn't helped our promotion push.
I agree, assist stats are a nothing stat, but you'll make your mind up. You asked how many assists Haynes had compared to Grimmer. And when I gave you the figures and they didn't stack up to show how much better grimmer is compared to Haynes, you say it's a stupid stat!

Gazolba

<snip>
5. Robins needs next season and bring a couple of ‘dogs’ in to help these kids.
<snip>
Many of the squad won't be here next season. I expect McNulty, Jones, Willis, Shipley, Bayliss and Ponticelli at least to be gone.
It will be starting from scratch again next season.
Who knows if Robins will even still be here.

skyblue025

Jones might not even be fit at the start of the season so he won’t be gone. Ponti isn’t good enough to start for us so doubt anyone will bid for him. Next season might be his breakthrough year. Shipley is an average league 2 player. Willis is going to leave every transfer window but is still here years later. I don’t think anyone was interested in McNulty after 15 games. He had a purple patch but has dropped off again over the past 5-6 games. Who knows who will be here or gone, this is Coventry City we’re talking about.

Grendel

Means a bit more personally to him yes, and the fans enjoyed it momentarily. But it hasn't helped our promotion push.
I agree, assist stats are a nothing stat, but you'll make your mind up. You asked how many assists Haynes had compared to Grimmer. And when I gave you the figures and they didn't stack up to show how much better grimmer is compared to Haynes, you say it's a stupid stat!

Haynes is often lauded as an attacking full back. There is no stats to even remotely back that up and defensively he is substandard even at this lowly level. What even was Haynes assist anyway?

Grendel

Many of the squad won't be here next season. I expect McNulty, Jones, Willis, Shipley, Bayliss and Ponticelli at least to be gone.
It will be starting from scratch again next season.
Who knows if Robins will even still be here.

Who on earth would want Ponticelli unless your suggesting we bin him off to lower non league which I highly doubt?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I've noticed that for any game that's a cheap train journey away, the Stone Island brigade come out of the woodwork. Not complaining, just an observation - we need all the support we can get!

Legia Sky Blue

In regard to our left back position this season, the fact that both Stokes & Haynes have been poor this season makes it all the more disappointing that Camwell hasn't stepped forward. He had a decent debut in last season's final game and given his reputation before this season of being an attacking full back & a good set piece taker, it is more so given they are qualities that the team have been crying out for from full back.

wingy

In regard to our left back position this season, the fact that both Stokes & Haynes have been poor this season makes it all the more disappointing that Camwell hasn't stepped forward. He had a decent debut in last season's final game and given his reputation before this season of being an attacking full back & a good set piece taker, it is more so given they are qualities that the team have been crying out for from full back.
Yes Was hoping he might get time this season .

pastythegreat

I've noticed that for any game that's a cheap train journey away, the Stone Island brigade come out of the woodwork. Not complaining, just an observation - we need all the support we can get!
It's finding a nice balance between fan groups!
You get the stone island brigade or the "S.I.B" as I will now refer to them, who are rowdy, sweary and coked up to fuck, but at least they come in numbers and make noise. The home fans know their there and the players (generally) appreciate the noise.
Then you get the football tourists when you have a day out at Brighton for example, the "your sat in my seat" kind. That will cheers
a goal but get annoyed that they can't see the match because your standing in the way!

If we could just take 3000 in between, polite to other fans but make loads of noise every game, that'd be lovely.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You get the stone island brigade or the "S.I.B" as I will now refer to them, who are rowdy, sweary and coked up to fuck, but at least they come in numbers and make noise. The home fans know their there and the players (generally) appreciate the noise.
Then you get the football tourists when you have a day out at Brighton for example, the "your sat in my seat" kind. That will cheers
a goal but get annoyed that they can't see the match because your standing in the way!

If we could just take 3000 in between, polite to other fans but make loads of noise every game, that'd be lovely.

Hahahaha the S.I.B, I quite like that! I agree on the middle ground.

No doubt the SIB will be licking their lips at the thought of a £16 return train ticket to Cheltenham and a 1300 allocation!... I'm sure their mums have already got the iron out for their Stoney and CP jumpers...

Warwickhunt

football tourists!!! wait till you get bloody old and cannot stand up for long periods

pastythegreat

Hahahaha the S.I.B, I quite like that! I agree on the middle ground.

No doubt the SIB will be licking their lips at the thought of a £16 return train ticket to Cheltenham and a 1300 allocation!... I'm sure their mums have already got the iron out for their Stoney and CP jumpers...
Theyre polishing up the goggles on the hood of their jackets as we speak!

Adge

It’s a shame people who just like a certain brand of cloths all get tarred with the same brush.
Recently when the home game at the Ricoh was postponed due to the snow, we went to Forest v Blues. As we were minding our own business and walking to the ticket office we stumbled along twenty odd Blues fans and had to take refuge in someone’s house just because we were wearing some clothes of our choice and no we are not football hooligans.

Sick Boy

I own and wear both CP Company and Stone Island but certainly wouldn't class myself as a hooligan but enjoyed being 'rowdy' in my younger days.

However I understand the negative connotations around the brands in the UK, so don't wear them to football (if I did I'd be amongst the 1% wearing genuine ones ;) )

Go over to Italy and you see both brands worn by all sorts of people and they don't have the same connotations with bellends as they do here.

That being said, SI is becoming even more mainsteam these days.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It’s a shame people who just like a certain brand of cloths all get tarred with the same brush.
Recently when the home game at the Ricoh was postponed due to the snow, we went to Forest v Blues. As we were minding our own business and walking to the ticket office we stumbled along twenty odd Blues fans and had to take refuge in someone’s house just because we were wearing some clothes of our choice and no we are not football hooligans.

Serves you right for wearing your gimp outfit to a football match!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I own and wear both CP Company and Stone Island but certainly wouldn't class myself as a hooligan but enjoyed being 'rowdy' in my younger days.

However I understand the negative connotations around the brands in the UK, so don't wear them to football (if I did I'd be amongst the 1% wearing genuine ones ;) )

Go over to Italy and you see both brands worn by all sorts of people and they don't have the same connotations with bellends as they do here.

I’ve got a few CP Company jackets, one all the way from Bologna and a Stone Island jacket but that doesn’t stop me taking the piss out of it/myself ;)

I’ll be honest, I’ve seen a lot of it this season and only one or two bits looked like Stone Thailand! A lot of people were wearing just the jumpers and overshirts as they’re cheaper than proper jackets or coats.

AVWskyblue

I’ve got a few CP Company jackets, one all the way from Bologna and a Stone Island jacket but that doesn’t stop me taking the piss out of it/myself ;)

I’ll be honest, I’ve seen a lot of it this season and only one or two bits looked like Stone Thailand! A lot of people were wearing just the jumpers and overshirts as they’re cheaper than proper jackets or coats.
What no trousers

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Haha most that I've seen have been quite obvious fakes to be honest.

fernandopartridge

That ship sailed about 15 years ago if not earlier. Anything that has something distinctive that can be copied is likely to go that way. I have not bought anything SI for years, the quality of it is on the decline too. When you see Towie bellends with those silly short jeans and an SI jumper on you know the game is up.

Users who are viewing this thread