Observations tonight.... (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

We should have been 2-0 at half time but that’s football.

We looked toothless and Biamou looks ‘weak’ and doesn’t look a threat against a physical centre half.

We are the better ‘football team’ that try’s to play the right way and without the pathetic cheating that clubs such as Lincoln and Notts County demonstrate to cover up there inabilities to play football in the correct manner.

Notts County are a bang average team. I can’t put it anyway but can’t help but be disappointed that we can’t give a team such as county a good thumping. There is nothing in the three games that stands out against CCFC that makes me think they are a superior side to us. There physical and..... that’s it. That’s how they have got where they are is simply due to the physical side of the game and that disappoints me more that we’re the better team but we can’t handle the physical side of the game.

The referee was at times influencing the game tonight and I thought was shocking. That wasn’t a pen either.

Will we get to the final? If we stand up to the physical side and the referee does his job and isn’t a homer then yes....but we have to be more of a threat.

If we don’t get past this notts county team then I’ll be very disappointed as there bang average.

pastythegreat

I think Friday isn't down to how well we play or not (we've been by far a better team then them over the course of 3 games), i think the result is down to how much backbone the referee has on the night!

CCFC54321

I think Friday isn't down to how well we play or not (we've been by far a better team then them over the course of 3 games), i think the result is down to how much backbone the referee has on the night!
You just know that the referee will be a homer’ ?

higgs

Would you have played Willis and J C H or do you think robin's got it right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

Both should start on Friday.

I’ve noticed that in the away fixture and tonight notts county look confused in how to deal with three forwards. Something for robins to chew over.

Over on the notts county site you would have thought there at Wembley already.

Cov kid 55

Both should start on Friday.

I’ve noticed that in the away fixture and tonight notts county look confused in how to deal with three forwards. Something for robins to chew over.

Over on the notts county site you would have thought there at Wembley already.
I thought both our centre halves stood up well tonight.

oucho

Agree with most of the points raised. We were all over them at times and if we can do that again on Friday whilst finding the killer final ball and being more clinical, we will have them.

clint van damme

We should have been 2-0 at half time but that’s football.

We looked toothless and Biamou looks ‘weak’ and doesn’t look a threat against a physical centre half.

We are the better ‘football team’ that try’s to play the right way and without the pathetic cheating that clubs such as Lincoln and Notts County demonstrate to cover up there inabilities to play football in the correct manner.

Notts County are a bang average team. I can’t put it anyway but can’t help but be disappointed that we can’t give a team such as county a good thumping. There is nothing in the three games that stands out against CCFC that makes me think they are a superior side to us. There physical and..... that’s it. That’s how they have got where they are is simply due to the physical side of the game and that disappoints me more that we’re the better team but we can’t handle the physical side of the game.

The referee was at times influencing the game tonight and I thought was shocking. That wasn’t a pen either.

Will we get to the final? If we stand up to the physical side and the referee does his job and isn’t a homer then yes....but we have to be more of a threat.

If we don’t get past this notts county team then I’ll be very disappointed as there bang average.

you've started a thread called observations tonight and not once said the game should have been called off??!! Fuck me, scandalous that the game went ahead.

wingy

you've started a thread called observations tonight and not once said the game should have been called off??!! Fuck me, scandalous that the game went ahead.
Did It Really rain that heavily CVD, it did'nt come down much over Stoke at all, radio speculated they'd watered the pitch today.

Evo1883

The one thing I will say about tonight is We need a new left back next season.
Grimmer was at fault for their goal but over the season has been very good , left back Is an issue

Evo1883

Never seen the ball stop because of water at the Ricoh arena .
It did it multiple times tonight

Paxman II

We were far superior than them in open play but we lacked that little bit of luck (hit the post, stop on the line) Their goal was nicely finished but came from a 60'50 ball on the waterlogged surface. They threatened very little. We just lacked enough teeth on the night but we will make chances at County and I expect us to score. This is far over. We need a slight tactical change but I think ultimately we will prevail.

Astute

Grimmer was at fault for their goal but over the season has been very good , left back Is an issue
I would have said that the pitch was at fault myself. It let their player do a massive sliding tackle and it made the ball stick to the surface. And it was a good finish.

Otis

Did It Really rain that heavily CVD, it did'nt come down much over Stoke at all, radio speculated they'd watered the pitch today.
Yep, apparently they did water the pitch. I know I called Alexa a bitch yesterday before the game, but I will apologise to her this morning, because she was right and there was no rain forecast.

I don't think the game should have gone on either. One side of the pitch was practically unplayable.

Johnnythespider

It only rained for about an hour before kick off, not that heavy that the pitch should have been waterlogged, and only down one side of one half it seemed to me.

steve82

I think Robins got it right, when I heard of one change I think we’d of all put our mortgage on it being Willis back in. Seemed the natural thing to do given it was just of bout of food poisoning.

Hyam stood up to the task along side Davies.

Biamou was asked to do a specific job which isn’t JCH game.

With Forte looking a doubt the only thing I’d consider is including both JCH, Biamou and McNulty in the starting 11 on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stupot07

I think Robins got it right, when I heard of one change I think we’d of all put our mortgage on it being Willis back in. Seemed the natural thing to do given it was just of bout of food poisoning.

Hyam stood up to the task along side Davies.

Biamou was asked to do a specific job which isn’t JCH game.

With Forte looking a doubt the only thing I’d consider is including both JCH, Biamou and McNulty in the starting 11 on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought Biamou played well, and was one of our best players in the first half - people seem to be fixated with how many headers he won, but he also works defenders, holds the ball up and has decent link up play, and was involved in nearly all the good bits of attacking play in thr first half. Not to mention the defensive cintributions he made. He did fade second half, but it looked at times that robins had pulled him out wide in a 4231.

I'd have kept him on but have brought JCH on instead of Ponticelli, and played him wide left.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Think we should play him at right back!

Warwickhunt

We were far superior than them in open play but we lacked that little bit of luck (hit the post, stop on the line) Their goal was nicely finished but came from a 60'50 ball on the waterlogged surface. They threatened very little. We just lacked enough teeth on the night but we will make chances at County and I expect us to score. This is far over. We need a slight tactical change but I think ultimately we will prevail.
It was offside also I kept watching the replay over and over Forte is offside by a foot

larry_david

Without that bog on that side of the pitch they don't score that goal. Simple as that. Numerous times first half we tried to play one touch, triangle passes that just stopped in the pitch

Great_Expectations

I wouldn’t drop Biamou for JCH, unless we want a player who will spend more time on the floor than on his feet. I’m still not sure what JCH actually offers other than an attitude. He obviously has talent but we’re yet to see it.

Saying that, playing all three could be an option, especially as County look a poor team, so the more pressure on their defence the better.

Mucca Mad Boys

The pitch was playable, definitely wasn’t worth calling the game off.

We didn’t play the conditions that well, sometimes we tried to play a lot of short passes and it just wasn’t the conditions for it. That said, we had 2 very good chances that should’ve put us in the lead before HT.

The conditions were bad, surprisingly so because it just seemed to rain from about half 5...

skyblue025

Grimmer badly at fault for their goal. Seemed to stop as their bloke slid in. Good finish by Forte. Glad he went off holding his hammie and hopefully misses Friday's game. Our crosses were poor90% of the time and we should try just smashing it along the floor to mix it up rather than trying to pick out Mcnulty against 2 6ft+ centre halfs. Would probably start Reid on friday. They didn't like Bayliss running at them so the same with Reid.

Amcoventry

Call the game off because of a wet ground. Are our team footballers, sunny bunny's or what. Get hard. Oh how precious todays people are!

Amcoventry

Call the game off because of a wet ground. Are our team footballers, sunny bunny's or what. Get hard. Oh how precious todays people are!

no, call it off because the ball couldn't travel across the surface properly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Scotland vs New Zealand 1975 - Lake Eden - YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is wet but they still played

soft

Last edited:

pastythegreat

I would have said that the pitch was at fault myself. It let their player do a massive sliding tackle and it made the ball stick to the surface. And it was a good finish.
No, Grimmer gets to the ball 1st (on a pitch that has held the ball up all night) and tries to tale a touch/take the player on! He has on job to do in that situation, and that was put the ball as far into the stand as he possibly could! Nothing more, Nothing less!

pastythegreat

no, call it off because the ball couldn't travel across the surface properly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Scotland vs New Zealand 1975 - Lake Eden - YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is wet but they still played

soft
That's not even the same friggin sport you Wrongun! At what point in trying to prove it wasn't too wet to play an important football match in 2018 do you show highlights of a RUGBY game from the 70s? What the actual fuck went through your head?
Its not about being soft or 'manning up'. The game of football has come on so much since the 70s and 80s, playing with heavy balls on heavy pitches is fine in the rain, the ball was rarely on the floor in those days! The pitch last night (manning up or not) CLEARLY affected our game, if not for standing water there goal would NEVER of been and it also broke down numerous of our chances 1st half. Last night for me, the puddles were by far and a mile Notts best defender as they done a better job of stopping our attacks than anyone in black and white!

Users who are viewing this thread