Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
The ball was 100%played forward, look at frame 1 (when the ball was passed) Forte is on the edge of the 6 yard box. Then in frame 2 (the shot/goal) he was only 2/3 yards off the goal line, so was 3/4 yards behind the path of the ball! The only question is was he inline with, behind or in front of the pass? From that angle it's hard to tell for sure! I am 100% certain though, the ball was not passed backwards!
026aa4620fd136fe78e1f69fc663f0ab.jpg
86efdcf886368a79754213cc2126d844.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It is irrelevant whether the ball is passed forward or backwards. The goalscorer was behind the ball when it was played.

Reactions: Johhny Blue

pastythegreat

Mar 16, 2013
It is irrelevant whether the ball is passed forward or backwards. The goalscorer was behind the ball when it was played.
Which if you read the post FULLY is what I was questioning!

Warwickhunt

Nov 16, 2012
I always thought that if there is not another defender between the goal keeper and the goal scorer when he received the ball it was classed as offside? Apparently the forward pass does not apply or am I dreaming this

Ricketts

Aug 16, 2015
I always thought that if there is not another defender between the goal keeper and the goal scorer when he received the ball it was classed as offside? Apparently the forward pass does not apply or am I dreaming this
You are not offside if you are behind the ball, regardless of even if there is no goalkeeper or defenders.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Who saying it was Burge's fault.
You guys need to get aome perspective.
Merely saying it was within 2 yards of him .
Him coming for it may have at least put Forte off.
Note I nor the other poster have been on his case anytime this season .
#Overreaction .

higgs

Feb 23, 2015
You are not offside if you are behind the ball, regardless of even if there is no goalkeeper or defenders.
Okay that clears it up then goal stands

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry

You have to have two players between you and the goal (one is normally the goalkeeper). But not if you are behind the player with the ball who makes the pass.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
Cant tell from the screenshots but was he always behind the ball as the guy was coming forward? If not then he’s coming back from offside surely?

They broke down the left wing and he was behind the ball when it was crossed. Prior to that he had our defenders in front of him. With Grimmer going across in the build up to try and make the tackle, I don't know how two central defenders lost him. The goal scorer was never coming back out from an off side position he was going forward.

lifeskyblue

May 22, 2015
We are at other end of ground so couldn’t see if offside or not. At the time someone txt me who was watching on tv to suggest their was a suspicion of offside. He txt later to say slo mo showed it to be a good goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Always amazes me how many football fans don't seem to know the basic rules/ laws of the game.
Few weeks back a couple of chaps near me were having a full on argument with one claiming the lino had missed a clear offside and the other pointing out it was direct from a goal kick.

The offside chap got on google to 'prove' he was right. Went very quiet when he read the rules!

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
Few weeks back a couple of chaps near me were having a full on argument with one claiming the lino had missed a clear offside and the other pointing out it was direct from a goal kick.

The offside chap got on google to 'prove' he was right. Went very quiet when he read the rules!

Ha ha my wife loves football. She wouldn't need bloody Google for off side. Won a few arguments with blokes down the pub.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
If says deliberate hand balls a yellow card offence

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But it wasn't, ball headed onto his arm. Ball to hand not hand to ball. It hit him from behind.

skyblue025

Jun 12, 2012
Hampshire
But it wasn't, ball headed onto his arm. Ball to hand not hand to ball. It hit him from behind.
His arm was above his head. Why would your arm be above your head unless you are trying to block a flick on/header at goal. It's not a natural position for your arm to be in. When I was a ref it was something we were told to look for.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
That's like saying somebody can stand like a star fish on the goal and make a save if the ball goes up them. It depends where their arms are and if they are in a natural position

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
That's like saying somebody can stand like a star fish on the goal and make a save if the ball goes up them. It depends where their arms are and if they are in a natural position
Yeah.

You all know my stance, that is has to be deliberate to be handball, but at the same time you can't just stick your arms in the air, because if we allowed that to happen all defenders would then be using outstretched arms all the time, therefore forming a wider barrier for the ball to get past.

pastythegreat

Mar 16, 2013
A) you completely missed the context of the post you're replying to, it's a joke about McDonald being elbowed in the nuts!

B) what complete bullshit! Your saying then (using your logic of ball 2 hand), that if 6 players stood on the goal line for a free kick with arms outstretched, and the ball hit somebody's hand (stopping a goal) but he didn't move his hand, it's not handball as the ball hit his hand not the other way round?

Complete twoddle, and from this point forward I've made note of ANY posts you put on to be completely clueless about football!

Users who are viewing this thread