Officials (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Yesterday we probably the worst all season.The ref. lost control right from the off by not getting the book out when bad tackles(from both sides) were flying in early in the game.The incident in the second half when Eccles was booked their player should have recieved a card don't think he did.There were incident all over the pitch.Why do we have linesmen?The incident in front of the main stand when the ref. was unsited and the linesman took an age .The times in front of us where players had handfull of Vics shirt and nothing was done.
Times when players tried to get fouls and the kicks went our way yet the offending player didn't get a booking Godden got a ban for that.The ball going out of play in front of the linesman clearly touched last by a team ref give the thow to them .The linesman staying quite. Many more not the best at all

Hobo

Yesterday we probably the worst all season.The ref. lost control right from the off by not getting the book out when bad tackles(from both sides) were flying in early in the game.The incident in the second half when Eccles was booked their player should have recieved a card don't think he did.There were incident all over the pitch.Why do we have linesmen?The incident in front of the main stand when the ref. was unsited and the linesman took an age .The times in front of us where players had handfull of Vics shirt and nothing was done.
Times when players tried to get fouls and the kicks went our way yet the offending player didn't get a booking Godden got a ban for that.The ball going out of play in front of the linesman clearly touched last by a team ref give the thow to them .The linesman staying quite. Many more not the best at all

Are you suggesting McFadz should get a ban? For that pathetic dive near halfway line in 2nd half when trying to draw a foul and just belly flopped. Nearly put us in trouble too.

I thought he ref'd it okay. He allowed some physical challenges and just didnt blow for the slightest contact. He tried to let the game flow

It is hard for refs when players on both sides are trying to con them, managers and coaches are trying to con them and fans only see things from their teams perspective.
Gyokores as much as I love him, is the biggest moaning, every decision is against me, whingebag I have seen since Kenny Daglish.

Kilclines curly mullet

The ref was interesting yesterday - didn’t give blatant fouls but blew up for small infringements.

The yellow card for Eccles was well deserved, their player should never have got a red in the same incident which some of our fans believe.

Still, the majority of referees would give a free kick just before Allen’s goal so I’m not complaining

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Are you suggesting McFadz should get a ban? For that pathetic dive near halfway line in 2nd half when trying to draw a foul and just belly flopped. Nearly put us in trouble too.

I thought he ref'd it okay. He allowed some physical challenges and just didnt blow for the slightest contact. He tried to let the game flow

It is hard for refs when players on both sides are trying to con them, managers and coaches are trying to con them and fans only see things from their teams perspective.
Gyokores as much as I love him, is the biggest moaning, every decision is against me, whingebag I have seen since Kenny Daglish.
Not implying any player should get a ban for diving but if you are trying to con the officals and get caught out a booking should be the punishment.(McFaz got a nose bleed being that far up the pitch). I don't mind robust challenges but some of the earlier ones were over the top from both sides.
Vic. is not the biggest moaner Clarke was way out in front.The other issues about linesmen why do we have them? They just wait for the ref. to decide. Holding a persons shirt or arm (rule 12) is an offence. The rule is not enforced. If someone was booked the first time it happened it would stop it.I think the ref. lost it early on.He didn't call the captains together till right near the end.He had lost control

Nuskyblue

David Webb had a prime veiw of this ahem, challenge. Only a yellow according to him. It looked every inch a red in real time.
0_Carlton-Morris-of-Luton-Town-is-tackled-by-Marc-Roberts-of-Birmingham-City.jpg

South West Sky Blue

You pretty much get the refs you deserve. I’m biased as I hate (alongside Sky Blue Pete and others) players & staff who berate officials. We all love Gyok, but if I was a referee, him and many other players would not get beyond half time due to dissent.

We got promoted into this division and we’re disappointed by opposition “shithousery” (aka cheating). Not just horrendous time wasting, but the diving, stealing 15 yards on every throw-in, referee abuse…
For nearly two years we naively watched teams like Cardiff (one of many) shame the game, in the hope that football might soon have honour and self respect again (now I’m properly on one!).
However we’ve now become one of those teams- just like almost all the others in the division.
I may be clearly wrong here, but I don’t remember this as much in L1 & L2.
Wilson is almost as bad as Pickford for Everton. What’s worse, is that I don’t blame any of them now.
If the EFL permit it all, then of course teams will do it. Bring in a stop clock or World Cup added time standards and that will begin to make a difference.
Fadz did go down easily yesterday. The ref (in my eyes) rightly didn’t give it, but 50%+ of refs would have given it as there was contact. Yesterday’s ref was at least consistent. Without the likes of him, accepting abuse - there would be no game.

I’ll clumsily step off my soap-box after a few drinks…

Apologies- rant over

Johhny Blue

I thought the ref yesterday wasn't too bad at all. 🤷
I thought the same. Certainly different style from most this season. I couldn't watch the game live so was a day behind making comments but I knew it would be good discussion fodder.
I've always been in the camp of getting refs to call everything until the shirt pulling etc stops but I really enjoyed yesterday even though the players were frustrated with the ref letting play go on. For the record I do think McFadz got away with a pen yesterday and was surprised no players appealed for it.

skyblue025

You rarely see Linos give anything these days due to the comms system they have. They have a conversation with the ref and he blows up and gives the decision. Supposed to stop the players thinking the ref can't make a decision if the Linos are forever flagging.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

You rarely see Linos give anything these days due to the comms system they have. They have a conversation with the ref and he blows up and gives the decision. Supposed to stop the players thinking the ref can't make a decision if the Linos are forever flagging.
I've no problem with the ref. making the decision.The incident in front of the main stand when the ref was unsighted all it needed was"i didn't see it" from the ref "x put it out " from the linesman.The way he allowed the shenanigans with our free kick near the end before finaly booking Wilson and the diving by both sides which went unpunished.No control.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've no problem with the ref. making the decision.The incident in front of the main stand when the ref was unsighted all it needed was"i didn't see it" from the ref "x put it out " from the linesman.The way he allowed the shenanigans with our free kick near the end before finaly booking Wilson and the diving by both sides which went unpunished.No control.
I think they put too much on the idea that if the ref and linesman disagree it make the ref look incompetent. I don't. The assistant referees are there for exactly that to assist the referee. If they're nearer an incident or see it from a better angle then they should be telling the ref so - it's what they're there for. Nowadays it seems like they just wait for the ref to make a decision then acquiesce to it, even if they blatantly know it's wrong.

Otis

How on earth did he not give a yellow card for that hack on Hamer, when Hamer was bursting through. Very cynical challenge.

Also should have been a yellow, for the blatant shirt pull on Gyokeres in the second half. 🤷

Nick

Administrator
Awful last night, no consistency at all.

Their player should have had a second yellow for the foul on Walker.

The one where their player grabbed hold of a shirt and wasn't a booking, another player did it a couple of minutes later and it was a booking.

jordan210

He let way to much go last night and then booked us for small fouls.

in the space of about 4 mins they nearly pulled shirts off about 4 of out players and only 1 got booked

kg82

How on earth did he not give a yellow card for that hack on Hamer, when Hamer was bursting through. Very cynical challenge.

Also should have been a yellow, for the blatant shirt pull on Gyokeres in the second half. 🤷
There was one on Eccles too and then Eccles did exactly the same and got a yellow. They were both yellows.

Hobo

Last night the ref played a couple good advantages for us. But on both occassions the fouls merited bookings.

Then he books two of our players which for less cynical fouls.

Otis

Last night the ref played a couple good advantages for us. But on both occassions the fouls merited bookings.

Then he books two of our players which for less cynical fouls.
Yup, it was almost like he forgot once he allowed play to continue

Sky Blue Pete

Yup, it was almost like he forgot once he allowed play to continue
So I was at a referee development session last night and the national league ref said that if there is a cynical foul and you play on the caution doesn’t happen

if you stop play then it does
My lad and I thought this must be wrong but I’m thinking about it now and it is to encourage teams to take advantage of the situation I think rather than complain at the tackle

We are checking but that was exactly what was said which would explain the scenario above and mean we were the numptys not the ref

rhino1002

I think shirt pulling should be automatic booking whatever the stage of the game
we are as much to blame in this respect as other clubs but it should be eradicated and booking then sending off is the only way to do it

Sky Blue Pete

So I was at a referee development session last night and the national league ref said that if there is a cynical foul and you play on the caution doesn’t happen

if you stop play then it does
My lad and I thought this must be wrong but I’m thinking about it now and it is to encourage teams to take advantage of the situation I think rather than complain at the tackle

We are checking but that was exactly what was said which would explain the scenario above and mean we were the numptys not the ref
Here it is from loaf - laws of association football

what an arse headed law

Advantage

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Users who are viewing this thread