Old and New Supporters (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

I am one of the old supporters, first game 1958/59 season, (4th division). As I live away from Coventry now, I still go to every game I can, apart from this year. Only two away games this season. Last season 7 home games , 5 away games. Sisu will never take my Coventry away from me, but what they have done to my club is wrong. I have spoken to Mr. Fisher twice ( latest on a train to Hartlepool) and I cannot see anyway forward. Mr Fisher has no intention of taking Coventry back home, please SISU, leave Coventry.

bigfatronssba

Can I ask what your conversation was with him?

wingy

I am one of the old supporters, first game 1958/59 season, (4th division). As I live away from Coventry now, I still go to every game I can, apart from this year. Only two away games this season. Last season 7 home games , 5 away games. Sisu will never take my Coventry away from me, but what they have done to my club is wrong. I have spoken to Mr. Fisher twice ( latest on a train to Hartlepool) and I cannot see anyway forward. Mr Fisher has no intention of taking Coventry back home, please SISU, leave Coventry.

EDiIT; CITY FC

skybluealan

Can I ask what your conversation was with him?
He told me about the academy that it would be signed next week which it was. I asked him about the Ricoh and he told me that it has gone on to long and that we have to move on. A few grounds were mentioned that he had looked at. I wish I could tell you more but I could get nothing positive out of Mr. Fisher.

He told me about the academy that it would be signed next week which it was. I asked him about the Ricoh and he told me that it has gone on to long and that we have to move on. A few grounds were mentioned that he had looked at. I wish I could tell you more but I could get nothing positive out of Mr. Fisher.
What grounds were mentioned

RFC

Our new ground will be based on Rotherham's New York stadium, worth taking a look! Now that's positive!

bigfatronssba

Our new ground will be based on Rotherham's New York stadium, worth taking a look! Now that's positive!

No, if it was in Coventry, in Rowleys Green, and was one of the finest stadiums in the country, that would be positive.

Who the hell are Rotherham?

RFC

If everything go's to plan I'd expect, pretty soon. Maybe 6 to 8 weeks, you know how long all these legal things take. How frustrating buying or selling a house is, well a football stadium is even more complicated.

bigfatronssba

Looks nothing more than a decent non league ground to me.

Attachments

• Rotherham-New-York-Stadium_2895791.jpg
    Rotherham-New-York-Stadium_2895791.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 35

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If everything go's to plan I'd expect, pretty soon. Maybe 6 to 8 weeks, you know how long all these legal things take. How frustrating buying or selling a house is, well a football stadium is even more complicated.

Dont be silly I built a shed didn't need planning permission or anything and its a big shed.

bigfatronssba

Now this is a ground to be proud of.

Attachments

• 4553923413.jpg
    4553923413.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 31

GaryPendrysEyes

First went to a game in 1968, lots of good and some bad times- lots of memories with family and friends. Whatever, fans were proud of the team and proud of Coventry.
Sisu have changed that, the club has been ripped out the city and not for the good of the club, or Coventry but the good of a hedge fund. This is the worst period in the club's history. I can never forgive them for that.

bigfatronssba

The Ricoh is shit, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than rocking up there on boxing day to watch the City.

Name me a new ground (bar the emirates) that's better.

bigfatronssba

All of them.

Only one I would say is the Falmer Stadium. Other than that there all cheap versions of the Ricoh.

Ricoh has 4 stands, a scoreboard, a pitch, goalposts, dug outs, changing rooms. Can I ask what else should a football ground have?

theferret

You've never been to any then!

I've been to them all with the exception of Brighton and Rotherham. They are all shit, but just a little less shit than the Ricoh.

Why are you so defensive anyway? It's just an opinion about a building, and I said I'd love for us to be playing there more than anything else.

NorthernWisdom

Yep, glad you agree. Everything a football stadium shouldn't be. But it's home.

Can't help but agree with you. Depressing, corporate, soulless... even the name of the bloody place is everything a football ground shouldn't be to me, emphasised by a massive white wall directing TV to that for maximum exposure!

Don't think we're alone either given the number of threads bitching about it over the years either. Doesn't mean I don't want the club back in the right place however...

bigfatronssba

I've been to them all with the exception of Brighton and Rotherham. They are all shit, but just a little less shit than the Ricoh.

Why are you so defensive anyway? It's just an opinion about a building, and I said I'd love for us to be playing there more than anything else.

I'm always defensive when people make vague generic remarks but are adamant that its truthful.

I'm interested to know what the builders missed out when constructing the Ricoh that they didn't at the Walkers or St Marys?

bigfatronssba

Can't help but agree with you. Depressing, corporate, soulless... even the name of the bloody place is everything a football ground shouldn't be to me, emphasised by a massive white wall directing TV to that for maximum exposure!

Don't think we're alone either given the number of threads bitching about it over the years either
. Doesn't mean I don't want the club back in the right place however...

And yet crowds were consistently higher there than at HR.

wingy

I'm always defensive when people make vague generic remarks but are adamant that its truthful.

I'm interested to know what the builders missed out when constructing the Ricoh that they didn't at the Walkers or St Marys?

I'd say they did'nt permit the owners to fold the club ,get a sugar daddy and build again ,but that probably Isn't the whole story.

Users who are viewing this thread